Two-A-Day Sessions?

I love high volume, high frequency training and am looking into really hitting it hardcore the next few weeks as a sort of “shock” for growth. Anyone have any good 5-6 day a week workouts, with possibly 2-3 double training sessions (AM/PM).

Is the best way to go about this to do the SAME body part in the am and pm, but use different rep ranges? OR, do different body parts in the AM than PM?

This was one split I was thinking of… pretty hardcore, but what do you think? Any other ideas?

Mon- AM- Back Squat
Leg Press
Hack Squat
Chinups
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Lat Pull Downs
Seated Row

Mon- PM- Straight Leg Deadlift
Lying Hanstring Curls
Standing calve raises
Seated Calve raises
Barbell Curls
Rope Curls
Seated Curls

Tues- Flat Barbell Bench
Incline dumbell Bench
Decline Bench
Power Cleans
Military Press
Lateral Raises
Reverse Flies
Close Grip Bench

End with 5 sets of 10 burpees

Wed- Front Squat
Sumo Squat
Leg Press- Feet High on platform
Wide Grip Pullups
Barbell Rows
V-Bar Pull Downs
T-Bar Rows

PM- Lying Hamstring Curls
Standing calve raises
Seated Calve raises
Close Grip Bench Press
Dips
Tricep Rope Extensions
Tricep Push-downs

THURS- HIIT Cardio, abs

Friday- AM only
Back Squat
Leg Press
Lunges
SLD
leg curls
Calve Raises
Chinups
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Lat Pull Downs
Seated Row

SAT- same as Tuesday

Sun- off

[quote]skinnymuscles wrote:

Is the best way to go about this to do the SAME body part in the am and pm, but use different rep ranges? OR, do different body parts in the AM than PM?
[/quote]

You don’t want to do the SAME body part in the am and pm because the pm workout would only interfere with your recovery from the am workout.

Also, good luck on tuesday. I have a feeling that halfway through your session with any type of intensity your chest and shoulders are going to be shot. I realize you are trying to “shock” your muscles, but IMO 4 diff. types of bench pressing seems to be a bit overkill.

Actually, that’s not true. It depends on your work capacity.

Some of the premiere POWERLIFTERS in the world will do an AM/PM workout and their AM workout might be something like a lot of Bench Press sets in ranges below their 1RM, maybe 60-85% for the sets.

Their PM workout can incorporate a 1RM ON THE BENCH, along with more heavy benching.

So…don’t just go saying shit.

Look for articles By poliquin and Thibaudeau about twice a day training.

And you are correct, the rule is to train the same muscles in the AM and PM
but using different parameters. The authors are partial to, AM heavy training, PM lighter training, with six hours minimun between the two sessions.
Poliquin says to not keep this type of training for not longer than 2 to 3 weeks.

Good luck!

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:

You don’t want to do the SAME body part in the am and pm because the pm workout would only interfere with your recovery from the am workout.

Actually, that’s not true. It depends on your work capacity.

Some of the premiere POWERLIFTERS in the world will do an AM/PM workout and their AM workout might be something like a lot of Bench Press sets in ranges below their 1RM, maybe 60-85% for the sets.

Their PM workout can incorporate a 1RM ON THE BENCH, along with more heavy benching.

So…don’t just go saying shit.[/quote]

yah i have to agree. its not true that you cant work the same body part in both sessions.
even some routines made by some of the authors on this site require double sessions working the same body part

my bad. maybe i should just shut up when i am not 100% sure about something.

I posted a workout program that I did 2 a days about 3 times a week. It worked pretty well (gained 20 lbs in 1 - 2 months). Was also eating a lot of cals compared to what I usually eat.

I used to do low intensity cardio as a secondary workout and I noticed no fat loss, but fatigue and strength loss.

I do workout twice on the weekend days and I usually do pretty good both workouts. It allows me to hit the muscles that I usually don’t have enough time for (abs, calves, forearms).

Thanks for the help everyone. I have decided to go with this: What do you all think? I tried to separate the muscle groups that would conflict with one another (back, biceps; chest, shoulder; etc…)

I am trying to gain mass and will be eating A LOT and sitting on my ass when not training. Also, is this too little cardio? I HAD been doing it everyday, but my gains plateued…

Mon AM- quads- heavy back squats, hack squats, and leg press - 5 sets each
Mon PM- light front squats (15-20 reps)
Shoulders (power cleans & press, military press, lateral raises, reverse flies)
Hamstring curls (seated and lying- 5 sets each)
calve raises (10 sets)

Tues AM only- Back, abs

Wed- AM- Heavy Chest followed by 10 sets of burpees
PM- Arms

Thurs-AM only- quads, hamstrings, calves (can only work out once today)

Fri- Chest/Back - supersets

Sat- Arms, 15-20 minutes HIIT cardio

Sun- off, 30 minutes low intensity morning cardio walking on an incline

anyone care to help me out/comment? I would love to hear your opinions and will take any advice.