Two a Day Powerlifting Routine

Hi all, I’m looking for a good two a day power lifting routine. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks a bunch

[quote]Narq wrote:
Hi all, I’m looking for a good two a day power lifting routine. [/quote]

why?

Take a regular PL program, do the main lift in the morning and the assistance stuff at night.

I’ve wondered about this as well.

Could you do your main lift plus supplemental in the AM session and then accessories, pre-hab/rehab and conditioning in pm session. Maybe you could have a little sleep between the two sessions.

[quote]egenrod wrote:

Could you do your main lift plus supplemental in the AM session and then accessories, pre-hab/rehab and conditioning in pm session. Maybe you could have a little sleep between the two sessions.[/quote]

Seems like you’re trying to chase too many rabbits at once. It’s hard enough when you’re only after one, so why complicate things? Is all that second session bullshit going to make you stronger?

I’d only train twice a day if the second session was purely focused on rehab and recovery. If you can’t get all of your main lifting done in one session, then your pace is too slow.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]egenrod wrote:

Could you do your main lift plus supplemental in the AM session and then accessories, pre-hab/rehab and conditioning in pm session. Maybe you could have a little sleep between the two sessions.[/quote]

Seems like you’re trying to chase too many rabbits at once. It’s hard enough when you’re only after one, so why complicate things? Is all that second session bullshit going to make you stronger?[/quote]

These are outlined in Dave Tate’s periodisation bible Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION. This is what your supposed to be doing in one session. By splitting them up you will have 2 40min sessions instead of an 1hr30min session. Which may be beneficial for people who lose focus and intensity when they get to their accessory lifts.

That just seems like too much work. If your lifting lower body 2x a week it’s OKAY if it takes an hour n half.

Hell I need 15-20min, to warmup for squats, then if I do 5x5 with 400lbs…that takes another 25 min. It’s the assistance that shouldn’t take too long. And regardless if your doing PL you don’t need an INCREDIBLE amoutn of assistance work. You can do some low back if you please, ham string work etc. ALl that can be done in 20min, and your out in 1 hour.

I do 2-a day sessions…my main workout, the 2nd “workout” is just stretching exercises and some foam roll…thats about it.

I’d lose more focus splitting my workout in 2. I don’t wanna get in the zone 2x a day lol. Nor do most people have the time for that.