Twitch Reps

Everyone says to do these to activate the CNS, but I dont know what they are. Ive tried searching around and looked for videos of them, anyone help me out with what they are? Thanks

Damn…I’ve lifted all of these years without giving a shit or even hearing about “twitch reps”…and who knew they were the KEY to “activating the CNS”???

I mean, because the CNS isn’t activated the moment you pick up a heavy weight? I mean, do people think the “CNS” is some separate entity? Your CNS involvements simply means how your body neurologically responds to training. Lifting weights “activates” the CNS. Waking up “activates” the CNS.

Everyone says this? No, only CT says this.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Damn…I’ve lifted all of these years without giving a shit or even hearing about “twitch reps”…and who knew they were the KEY to “activating the CNS”???

I mean, because the CNS isn’t activated the moment you pick up a heavy weight? I mean, do people think the “CNS” is some separate entity? Your CNS involvements simply means how your body neurologically responds to training. Lifting weights “activates” the CNS. Waking up “activates” the CNS.[/quote]

Ok i jst hear CT preaching and preaching on the CNS and how to activate it and such to get bette rresults, and was intrested to find out more

[quote]WP wrote:
Everyone says to do these to activate the CNS, but I dont know what they are. Ive tried searching around and looked for videos of them, anyone help me out with what they are? Thanks

Everyone says this? No, only CT says this.[/quote]
Ok sorry mr perfect.

This thread makes me twitch.

Whoa! There goes my CNS!

Criticism of terminology aside, there is usually room for improvement in neural recruitment.

We have a CT subforum, he’s already explained everything about them there and in the comments thread of the “experimental arm workout” article.

So I suggest you head over there and read that stuff. (please note that I said “read”, not “post a question about it”… Not trying to be an ass, but usually people are supposed to do some research on their own).

[quote]Addict3d wrote:
Everyone says to do these to activate the CNS, but I dont know what they are. Ive tried searching around and looked for videos of them, anyone help me out with what they are? Thanks[/quote]

Ok, couple of things.

CT promotes twitch reps because they ‘activate’ the CNS - the thing is, a lot of people already know how to do this from day one and do things that CT says anyway.

CT is just making up effective methods so the ‘brainiacs’ can 1) be satisfied they are doing something thats ‘cutting edge and new’ and 2) Actually start training and working their muscles properly.

be explosive on your lifts.also you need to watch what % you use .When the last time you have seen a 100meter dash champion.The methods we use in the united states in universitys and pro teams are out dated and only seem to give you stregth.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I mean, because the CNS isn’t activated the moment you pick up a heavy weight? I mean, do people think the “CNS” is some separate entity? Your CNS involvements simply means how your body neurologically responds to training. Lifting weights “activates” the CNS. Waking up “activates” the CNS.[/quote]

LOL, very true.

OP, the thing is that twitch reps are just one of many different ways to potentiate (which might be what CT means by activate) the CNS. If you watch most big guys train, you’ll notice that they “ramp” their weights (some call this “pyramiding” some just call it “warmping up”), meaning that they steadily add weight from set to set until they reach their top weight for that rep range. This is another method to potentiate the CNS

If you want to know more about them, then follow C_C’s advice and check out CT’s forum.

[quote]Addict3d wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I mean, because the CNS isn’t activated the moment you pick up a heavy weight? I mean, do people think the “CNS” is some separate entity? Your CNS involvements simply means how your body neurologically responds to training. Lifting weights “activates” the CNS. Waking up “activates” the CNS.

Ok i jst hear CT preaching and preaching on the CNS and how to activate it and such to get bette rresults, and was intrested to find out more[/quote]

I like CT a bunch, but I have a feeling “twitch reps” will be a forgotten term (if it actually gets noticed to begin with) in the very need future. I’m sure he can pull out a bunch of theory as to why he’s right and I’m wrong, but it really seems fad’ish. Kind of reminds me of Eric Cressey’s glute activation exercises you were supposed to perform before deadlifting… I mean - what’s wrong with just working your way up in weight? Why this an inferior approach?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Whoa! There goes my CNS![/quote]

If you’d simultaneously been “pulsing” with Anaconda, you’d have probably gained about 3.6 lbs. of muscle mass.

[quote]Henry Krinkle wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

Whoa! There goes my CNS!

If you’d simultaneously been “pulsing” with Anaconda, you’d have probably gained about 3.6 lbs. of muscle mass. [/quote]

Purely fast-twitch fibers, too!

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Criticism of terminology aside, there is usually room for improvement in neural recruitment.[/quote]

I believe this is the case to the point that it is never 100% achieved… with the strongest men on the planet having the best neuro-muscular stimulation.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Professor X wrote:

LOL, very true.

OP, the thing is that twitch reps are just one of many different ways to potentiate (which might be what CT means by activate) the CNS. If you watch most big guys train, you’ll notice that they “ramp” their weights (some call this “pyramiding” some just call it “warmping up”), meaning that they steadily add weight from set to set until they reach their top weight for that rep range. This is another method to potentiate the CNS

If you want to know more about them, then follow C_C’s advice and check out CT’s forum.[/quote]

I agree.