Twiceborn's Hepburn Routine

Anyone still following the Hepburn routine given by Twiceborn? If you are what were your reported increases and after how many cycles.

Also how r u guys using the A, B, and C program?
Any general information is welcomed.

Holy shit, he was born twice!? Like he was born once and then…born…again?

[quote]realt81 wrote:
Anyone still following the Hepburn routine given by Twiceborn? If you are what were your reported increases and after how many cycles.

Also how r u guys using the A, B, and C program?
Any general information is welcomed.[/quote]

I am still doing it, though, I am doing it two days a week, having added the C-P deadlift routine for one day a week.

I am still doing the heavy singles with my squats and my military presses. I hurt myself doing heavy singles on the curls. That taught me that you might have to switch off the heavy singles for some of the exercises, instead of waiting to do so for the entire set of exercise. I think I can still go the heavy singles for the squats for some time, but as for the military presses, I am just about maxed out in terms of singles.

Thanks for the response. I just started it and right now I am doin 7 singles for all exercises. So far everything is good. I definitely can see how u injured yourself. The singles are tough if you don’t focus on each one. Ill let u know after my second cycle how everything goes.

[quote]realt81 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I just started it and right now I am doin 7 singles for all exercises. So far everything is good. I definitely can see how u injured yourself. The singles are tough if you don’t focus on each one. Ill let u know after my second cycle how everything goes. [/quote]

What lifts are you doing?

Day 1
Bench
Military press
barbell curl

Day 2
Squat
Deadlift

Right now I am approaching 10 singles. I am currently on 7 singles for all exercises. I am not using 90% of my max. More like 80-85. I wanted to hold back to get a feel for the singles and the accumulated volume until the next cycle. Also next cycle I might swap out Militray press for Incline bench press just to help my upper chest fill out. My lower chest has been filling and now my chest looks somewhat more concave.

Overall I really like this not because the system is simple and progressive but because I dont have a lot of free time and this offers a lot of flexibilty.

How were your increases after each cycle? Have you tested your maxes?

[quote]realt81 wrote:
Day 1
Bench
Military press
barbell curl

Day 2
Squat
Deadlift

Also next cycle I might swap out Militray press for Incline bench press just to help my upper chest fill out. My lower chest has been filling and now my chest looks somewhat more concave.

How were your increases after each cycle? Have you tested your maxes?[/quote]

Are you doing 2 or 3 days per week?

So far, I have been able to increase 10 pounds after each cycle. I haven’t tested my maxes yet. I will do so when I feel like I need to switch to one of the other programs.

I’ve been on the A program for maybe two months now. I’ve never tested maxes so I can’t help you there, but on some lifts I’ve been able to progress faster than “planned” - sometimes I added a rep to two sets instead of just one. I’m doing 3 days a week. More in my log in the training logs forum.

entheogens- I dont really do it by days per week. I proceed to the next session depending on how my body feels. If I feel really good then Ill do A and B on back to back days. The most I’ll allow between sessions is 3 days and no more. You said you increased 10 pounds after each cycle. How many cycles ahve you completed?

Dsmolken- I know wat you’re saying about progressing really fast. I feel like I could do more but this is my first time so Im easing back. You plan on doing the B program anytime soon. Or is A still giving you results?

[quote]realt81 wrote:
entheogens- You said you increased 10 pounds after each cycle. How many cycles ahve you completed?
[/quote]

Three cycles. So, you see, I have made good gains on this program.

I remember the article by Mike Mahler about the A and B program. What is the C program about?