Twice a Day?

Is there a possible benefit in hitting the gym twice in one day, lifting each time? I’m really curious, and I also have way to much free time. Would there be any benefit to that much lifting? Thanks.

I know when I’ve had a few weeks with a lot of free time I used 2-a-days. On my second workout I would do light cardio, and anything I usually neglected when time ran short, like forearms, rotators, calves.

I have done this many times and gotten great gains. Make sure you eat accordingly.
Charles Poliquin wrote about it and Christian Thibaudeau as well.

I used basic exercises in the AM and very heavy weights and in the PM did the same muscle group and did high volume, high reps etc.
Each muscle group once every 5 days.

I took a week of after 4 weeks of this and had gained about 6lbs of muscle.

Hope this helps.

Check out CT’s European Bodybuilding article. Also, Charles Poliquin wrote an article on twice a days too. If I remember correctly, he said that 2 weeks on of 2-a-day and 1 week of 1-a-day would help prevent a drop in T-levels.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong though.

-ton

Simply put twice a day = Two extremly anabolic post workout windows.

Also, twice a day = More likely to overtrain.

Also twice a day means twice as much PWO nutrition needed. If that’s an issue.

[quote]samsmarts wrote:
Simply put twice a day = Two extremly anabolic post workout windows.

Also, twice a day = More likely to overtrain.[/quote]

I did it often in high school…usually did squats or cleans during gym class, then finished the workout in the afternoon with the team.

I also do 2 a days in the summer when I’m off. Typically, I just split the workout in half. Doing 1-2 movements in the first session. And 1-2 in the second. It might be something like Front squats in 1 and Cleans and Push Press in the 2nd.