TV Shows You're Watching

Currently…

Justified, Archer, Luck, Grimm, Chopped, Swamp People, The Sopranos and True Blood (recently started at the beginning with both of these).

Waiting for…
Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones

I used to watch House religiously, but it got too out-there for my taste and the quality dropped sharply a few seasons ago (IMO).

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Homeland
Game of Thrones

Rewatching all of Mad Men right now with the girlfriend in anticipation of Season 5 starting end of March. Incredibly well written show.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Mad Men and Homeland.

I’m surprised not many Americans here watch Homeland. Very interesting and well-acted show. I’d say it’s a more realistic deviation of the type of show 24 was. Probably one of the more high octane, high-thrill shows out there.

EDIT: Californication too but I haven’t seen any episodes from the new season yet. [/quote]

I’ve never heard of Homeland. What network is it on?

[quote]Supernatural - It’s okay now, but the series really should’ve ended two seasons ago.
[/quote]

I love this show, but I almost agree with you. I think the writers might too after all the characters they’ve killed off in the last two seasons.

The Wire, I know I’m a bit late to the bandwagon on this one but just started season 1 and I’m hooked.

[quote]Razamataz wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Mad Men and Homeland.

I’m surprised not many Americans here watch Homeland. Very interesting and well-acted show. I’d say it’s a more realistic deviation of the type of show 24 was. Probably one of the more high octane, high-thrill shows out there.

EDIT: Californication too but I haven’t seen any episodes from the new season yet. [/quote]

I’ve never heard of Homeland. What network is it on?[/quote]

It’s on Showtime over there.

SoA
Walking Dead
Big Bang Theory
Misfits

Saw the first season of Justified and really enjoyed it. Should catch up, but I let SoA and Big Bang get away from me in the past then I just crammed episodes. I probably dip into other series as well, but there’s almost too much good TV at the moment, that it’s impossible to keep up with everything.

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:
Old Steve Harvey show re-runs

[/quote]

Can we do re-runs?

Then Fawlty Towers and Black Adder are right up. Don’t care how many times I’ve seen them I’ll watch them again (they show them on BBC entertainment here) and laugh at the same jokes.

I liked the first season of BBT but kind of got stale for me. The academic jokes were funny but I didn’t feel the show was going anywhere (maybe it is now).

HIMYM - couldn’t really get into this show. It’s kind of funny. But I can’t really get into it. My sister (7 years younger) reckons this show is awesome.

2.5 men - no fucking way.

I also missed out the Simpsons - love new series of these, I’ve been out of touch with the show for some time now and they don’t even show re-runs in my neck of the woods.

Dragon’s Den when I manage to tape it on DVR.

Archer is heavily censored here. But the version I have isn’t and it makes any form of cardio at the gym well worth it.

The Office
Parks and Recreation
Family Guy
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Misfits
Walking Dead
Face-Off
Dexter
Street Sharks
Addams Family
I Love Lucy
Hill Street Blues
M.A.S.H.

I’m more into movies. There’s too many good TV shows to try and watch.

Justified (my favorite at the moment)
Fringe
Criminal Minds (but it is getting weaker by the season)
Spartacus Vengeance (mostly out of nostalgia, I really do not think they are up to par…yet)
NCIS and NCIS LA
Grimm (started out really good, hooked me in but they need to start working on the story)
The Mentalist.

I watch 1 hour of tv a day, a bit more in the weekend. Since I do not sleep much I prefer to add some movies when I have time.

[quote]roybot wrote:
SoA
Walking Dead
Big Bang Theory
Misfits

Saw the first season of Justified and really enjoyed it. Should catch up, but I let SoA and Big Bang get away from me in the past then I just crammed episodes. I probably dip into other series as well, but there’s almost too much good TV at the moment, that it’s impossible to keep up with everything.[/quote]

This is actually how I prefer to watch shows. I wait for the season to end, so I can then watch the whole season back-to-back and then I don’t have wait a week for a new episode. It’s great for those who demand instant gratification and alows me to really get into a show.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
Grimm (started out really good, hooked me in but they need to start working on the story)
[/quote]
I agree. But the show has gotten a lot better. Those first few episodes were pretty cheesey (the Bee people looked retarded), but they’ve gotten a lot darker in recent episodes (best one so far was the one about the troll mob hitman) and I wish they go somewhere with the subplot.

[quote]Razamataz wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
SoA
Walking Dead
Big Bang Theory
Misfits

Saw the first season of Justified and really enjoyed it. Should catch up, but I let SoA and Big Bang get away from me in the past then I just crammed episodes. I probably dip into other series as well, but there’s almost too much good TV at the moment, that it’s impossible to keep up with everything.[/quote]

This is actually how I prefer to watch shows. I wait for the season to end, so I can then watch the whole season back-to-back and then I don’t have wait a week for a new episode. It’s great for those who demand instant gratification and alows me to really get into a show.[/quote]

Yeah. I did Firefly and the first two seasons of BSG over a weekend and got a better feel of the story. Just dive right in and immerse yourself.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Walking Dead
No Reservations
Big Bang Theory

Supernatural - It’s okay now, but the series really should’ve ended two seasons ago.

Psych - I’m kinda bummed they stopped beginning new episodes with flashbacks to Sean as a kid. But it’s still funny and I like paying attention for the random '80s references.

Twilight Zone - I found out that 4 of the 5 seasons are on Netflix Instant, so I’m slowly working my way through the whole thing from the beginning. Not surprisingly, they stand the test of time relatively-well. Good stories and acting are good stories and acting.
[/quote]

I love The Twilight Zone so very, very much.

It used to be on at about 2:00 AM weeknights when I was a kid and on Fridays I’d do my best to stay up late and watch it. This was before we had a VCR.
Then Have Gun Will Travel but I’d be dead tired by the time its opening song was done.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Razamataz wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
SoA
Walking Dead
Big Bang Theory
Misfits

This is actually how I prefer to watch shows. I wait for the season to end, so I can then watch the whole season back-to-back and then I don’t have wait a week for a new episode. It’s great for those who demand instant gratification and alows me to really get into a show.[/quote]

Yeah. I did Firefly and the first two seasons of BSG over a weekend and got a better feel of the story. Just dive right in and immerse yourself.[/quote]

Weeep. Firefly. =(

That and Carnivale are two of the most disappointing, premature, cancellations I have ever watched.

Yeah…Firefly being killed so young and God damned CSI being immortal is so very wrong.

Justified.
Awake - just started last night on NBC. Really good.

CS

The Inbetweeners on BBC America.

Psyche.

Doc Martin.

Two Broke Girls is stupid, but good eye candy. You can leave the sound off.

The Weather Channel’s new morning weathergirl is built like a Roman statue.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Justified.
Awake - just started last night on NBC. Really good.

CS[/quote]

I’ve seen the promos for Awake - the plot just doesn’t agree with me (the dude not knowing if he’s awake or dreaming). How the fuck are they letting him continue to be a cop? Honestly. How?

Justified
Southland

Archer
Modern Family
Its always sunny in Philadelphia
Big bang Theory
American Dad