T Nation

TV Shows You're Watching

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
I pretty much just watch cartoons or movies the only regular television I watch is the US and UK Being Human. The series revolves around a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost who live in a house and are trying not to be monsters but humans and the issues that get brought up because of their choices(not drinking blood, what happens during the full moon etc).

The US version used the UK as a template but has since gone in a totally different direction for season 2 which is great as it’s not the same show with different actors. The US season 2 added a new character played by Dichen Lachman and I so love her.

[/quote]

I haven’t watched the US version of Being Human yet, but I really enjoyed the UK version. I assume there will be another season coming.

SPOILER
Did not like that they killed the vampire.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
I pretty much just watch cartoons or movies the only regular television I watch is the US and UK Being Human. The series revolves around a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost who live in a house and are trying not to be monsters but humans and the issues that get brought up because of their choices(not drinking blood, what happens during the full moon etc).

The US version used the UK as a template but has since gone in a totally different direction for season 2 which is great as it’s not the same show with different actors. The US season 2 added a new character played by Dichen Lachman and I so love her.

[/quote]

Yeah it sucked Mitchell was killed but he had to die he killed all those people. Season 4 started in the US yesterday

I haven’t watched the US version of Being Human yet, but I really enjoyed the UK version. I assume there will be another season coming.

SPOILER
Did not like that they killed the vampire.[/quote]

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
I pretty much just watch cartoons or movies the only regular television I watch is the US and UK Being Human. The series revolves around a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost who live in a house and are trying not to be monsters but humans and the issues that get brought up because of their choices(not drinking blood, what happens during the full moon etc).

The US version used the UK as a template but has since gone in a totally different direction for season 2 which is great as it’s not the same show with different actors. The US season 2 added a new character played by Dichen Lachman and I so love her.

[/quote]

Yeah it sucked Mitchell was killed but he had to die he killed all those people. Season 4 started in the US yesterday

I haven’t watched the US version of Being Human yet, but I really enjoyed the UK version. I assume there will be another season coming.

SPOILER
Did not like that they killed the vampire.[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know that we got the latest season here already.

Justified
Walking Dead
Office
Parks and Rec
Archer
How I Met Your Mother
Dual Survival (not sure if another season is on its way)
South Park
Key and Peele (it’s growing on me)
Louie (Louis CKs show)
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad (I just watched the first episode … Gus is a bad motherfucker)

Old Steve Harvey show re-runs
Modern Family
Shameless
Californation
Strange addiction
Parenthood

I really like Dexter, though I haven’t seen the current season at all.

Walking Dead
Oddities (don’t think it’s on anymore)
Iron Chef America (Morimoto is just plain awesome)
Chopped (yep, another cooking competition show)
Big Bang Theory makes me laugh even more than Family Guy (close second)

I’ve been meaning to check out Mad Men, partly because that’s my industry. It’s been what, four seasons or so? But I have yet to watch even one episode.

How I met your mother has gone weak. One of the funnier shows is/was Rules of Engagement. Not sure if it’s a mid-season replacement or what. But it is full of LULZ

I’m glad Justified is getting so popular. Elmore Leonard is doing a great job on this modern day western.

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
I’m glad Justified is getting so popular. Elmore Leonard is doing a great job on this modern day western.[/quote]

I read the first two Raylan books … gotta say they were entertaining as hell … Tim Olyphant does a great job bringing that character to life

I haven’t read the short story that Justified was spawned out of, but I will, damnit.

Dexter kinda died off for a bit are the new seasons as good as a the first 3?

Regularly:
Walking Dead – going strong.
Californication – going strong.
House – but I think this is the last season.
South Park – can do no wrong in my eyes.

Occasionally:
HIMYM – but it’s jumped the shark.
30 Rock – pretty cashed at this point. Surprising how it went from awesome to mediocre over a single season break; I suspect a change in writers but I’m too lazy to verify that.
Family Guy – almost embarrassingly awful for several seasons now. Only when I need something to fill the silence.
Jersey Shore – because I need to stay in a groove for next season to see just how hot Snookie got after dropping that weight.
While Collar – Matthew Bomer makes me feel all tingly and stuff. The show, itself, is meh, but it’s like the Law and Order franchises in that it’s not particularly interesting or well written, but comfortably consistent in it’s average-ness.

Mad Men and Homeland.

I’m surprised not many Americans here watch Homeland. Very interesting and well-acted show. I’d say it’s a more realistic deviation of the type of show 24 was. Probably one of the more high octane, high-thrill shows out there.

EDIT: Californication too but I haven’t seen any episodes from the new season yet.

[quote]revamp wrote:
Dexter kinda died off for a bit are the new seasons as good as a the first 3?[/quote]

The 4th season, in my opinion, is the strongest! John Lithgow makes a seriously bad ass psychopath!

Homeland just happens to be on when i go to the gym im waiting for the season to end before i download it but ive read some very good reviews on it.

Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Archer
Supernatural
Sons of Anarchy

[quote]Razamataz wrote:
I’m glad Justified is getting so popular. Elmore Leonard is doing a great job on this modern day western.[/quote]
This sounds great im downloading the first two seasons now as i doubt this will ever come out in australia.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Archer
Supernatural
Sons of Anarchy
[/quote]

Unforgivable I forgot SOA!

Painkiller Jane

I only watch shows on Netflix I just finished Dr Who, so now it’s PainKiller Jane. If you’re an X-Men fan then you may like this show. Basically, it’s a covert government team that investigates and neutralizes mutants (though they aren’t technically called mutants).

There are some odd things going on. It seems Kristanna Loken’s character is a mutant or possibly something more, but she’s on the team busy neutralizing other mutants. Also, the government seems to be doing something nefarious with the mutants after they’ve been neutralized and/or arrested. What? I don’t know yet.

Walking Dead
No Reservations
Big Bang Theory

Supernatural - It’s okay now, but the series really should’ve ended two seasons ago.

Psych - I’m kinda bummed they stopped beginning new episodes with flashbacks to Sean as a kid. But it’s still funny and I like paying attention for the random '80s references.

Twilight Zone - I found out that 4 of the 5 seasons are on Netflix Instant, so I’m slowly working my way through the whole thing from the beginning. Not surprisingly, they stand the test of time relatively-well. Good stories and acting are good stories and acting.

Watching House. Needs to end, glad it’s the last season.

Watching The Office. Also think it should be the last season.

Psych, still enjoy this one.

Shark Tank, Pawn Stars. I think I’m starting to like reality tv shows where you learn something.

I kind of like the storage unit buying tv shows but I’ve heard they are fake and producers or someone puts stuff into the storage units.

I think I am kind of tired of the regular tv shows because they’ll do the same thing season after season with no real character development or change to the formula. It makes it incredibly boring and easy to predict. Haven’t gotten invested in any new tv shows because I’ll have to see them to the end if I watch them for a couple seasons.