T Nation

TV Show 'Southland'

anybody else watching this? I’ve seen the first two episodes, and so far I thik it’s pretty good…

Yup. I’ve been enjoying it…despite there not really being any kind of…hook.

It’s a small thing, but I like that they’re just bleeping the swearing.

Worst show on television…and that is saying alot because there is utter shite on the tube these days.

I don’t think society needs more shows promoting cop hero worship.

Though I am biased because I hate all those crime dramas that paint society as a lost cause without the police.

I really liked the first episode - thought it felt like a movie. The 2nd one was more like a typical cop show, but still quite watchable. I hope it tends to be more like the 1st than 2nd episode.

DB

Jeez LIFTICVS, you must not watch a lot of tv then eh? You might not like it, but there is easily far, far, FAR worse out there.

I like it. There are good actors on there, and that will give them alot of versatility with the storylines. Don’t have to depend on one to carry the plot.
So far, so good.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Yup. I’ve been enjoying it…despite there not really being any kind of…hook.

It’s a small thing, but I like that they’re just bleeping the swearing.[/quote]

yeah, and the lack of theme music. it just kind of…is.

i liked the technical background, too…some is typcial TV stuff, but some of it is how things are done.

i didn’t watch tonight’s episode yet, but so far i really like the series.

As weird as it is to see “Ryan” from the OC doing something else, it really is pretty decent.

I’ve sat through the first 2 on HULU, which is more then I can say for most procedural cop shows.

Life on Mars was good though, sucks that it got the boot.

Good show tonight. Did you know the psycho cop (the one geeked by the movie producer) is C Thomas Howell? Tough to recognize, but it is him.

[quote]40&Big wrote:
Good show tonight. Did you know the psycho cop (the one geeked by the movie producer) is C Thomas Howell? Tough to recognize, but it is him.[/quote]

He looks rough…and his character does not promote cop heroism…lol.

[quote]40&Big wrote:
Good show tonight. Did you know the psycho cop (the one geeked by the movie producer) is C Thomas Howell? Tough to recognize, but it is him.[/quote]

Yes, its certainly been a long time sing “Soul Man”