TV Reporter, Cameraman Shot in VA

And this shall re-ignite the gun conversation once again. Freaking awful, and very sad for the families of the reporter and cameraman.

I saw this early, fucking crazy. It’ll be interesting to hear the facts as the come out, I can’t imagine this was a random act. They should give this guy the chair.

The video captures a very brief glimpse of the shooter, and the still frame of him is eerie as fuck. Yeah, I imagine this guy had it out for one, or both, of them. However, if he was really aiming for the person being interviewed, that’s to be determined as well. Fortunately, she survived and can be instrumental in providing some details of what she saw. I’m sure the state of shock is going to severely cloud her memory.

Suspect identified. Capture eminent.

Virginia will have NO problem with your suggestion.

Latest update says they believe the shooter was a disgruntled TV station employee.

FFS

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
Latest update says they believe the shooter was a disgruntled TV station employee.

FFS[/quote]

That would make sense.

Jesus…the fucking guy filmed the shooting from his POV and posted in online. It looks like it’s since been taken down, but all doubts this was intentional are gone. Also, apparently he faxed ABC a ~30 page (possible manifesto) document. This story just keeps getting worse by the hour.

He shot himself. It’s over. Our community is in shock over this.

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
And this shall re-ignite the gun conversation once again. [/quote]

“You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” - Rahm Emanuel

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:
He shot himself. It’s over. [/quote]

Typical coward.

Think there’s an underlying sexual motive here that has yet to be revealed? When a man kills a woman there usually is.

This country is going down hill. I really hope the conversation does not go to gun control, because that is a byproduct of the underlaying issue: inadequate mental health services, and the poor psychological state of American citizens today. People are reaching their breaking point. I don’t see these issues becoming less frequent until we obtain serious social reform. A person generally commits acts like this when they feel they have nothing to lose; e.g. trapped. That is a pervasive feeling today.

I’m curious… I don’t really think that banning guns is the answer, but I’ve always wondered why countries where guns ARE outright banned don’t seem to have these problems… or at least it’s not nearly as prevalent.

Can someone explain that?

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
I’m curious… I don’t really think that banning guns is the answer, but I’ve always wondered why countries where guns ARE outright banned don’t seem to have these problems… or at least it’s not nearly as prevalent.

Can someone explain that?[/quote]

I’m not sure what countries you are referring to, but they are most likely completely different culturally and/or not free.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

Yeah, they use knives and their women get raped more…

EDIT: also they likely don’t have 330m people, or the level of diversity we do either, nor the social-economic similarities we do.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

EDIT: also they likely don’t have 330m people, or the level of diversity we do either, nor the social-economic similarities we do. [/quote]

context doesnt mean much to people these days, it’s always better to generalize America as violent and horrible anytime something like this happens.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Think there’s an underlying sexual motive here that has yet to be revealed? When a man kills a woman there usually is.

[/quote]

I think it was just by circumstance. He identified as gay. He was previously fired from the same station, I do not know the specifics. His manifesto said this is in retaliation to Charleston and that he is starting a race war.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

EDIT: also they likely don’t have 330m people, or the level of diversity we do either, nor the social-economic similarities we do. [/quote]

^ This verbatim.

I think the saddest thing about this situation, family and friends losing loved ones to tragic violence, is that instead of a mental health focus this will just turn into more gun control and race debating.

[quote]daltron wrote:
I think the saddest thing about this situation, family and friends losing loved ones to tragic violence, is that instead of a mental health focus this will just turn into more gun control and race debating.[/quote]

Yup.