T Nation

Turning 40 = 40 BW Squats


#1

It was a horrible idea but I did it! Legs were hurting from tuesdays leg workout and I weighed in at 255 this morning. Although I didn't hit bottom on a lot of reps, it still hurt. A lot.


#2

No offense man, but I didn’t see a single rep completed in that vid. Those are high by half a foot…


#3

[quote]late2thegame wrote:
No offense man, but I didn’t see a single rep completed in that vid. Those are high by half a foot…[/quote]

no offense. I highly recommend trying your body weight for 40 reps though. It will probably help your 300 x 5 squat…


#4

Hoff Squats ^^


#5

I agree that was a horrible idea.


#6

“I didn’t hit bottom on a lot of reps” lol

You didn’t hit bottom on any of the reps, that was a proper rubbish effort. Sorry man, I think you should go back to the drawing board.


#7

Great half and quarter squats.


#8

late2thegame is legit, not just an internet warrior:


#9

O_o


#10

It was a great idea to have a physical goal for your 40th. But you must understand that most of us on these boards are pretty serious lifters (some even competitive powerlifters) and will call out squats that are clearly high. So take that information and put a new goal in place. Work on getting your squat to depth and then add weight. Best of luck to you!


#11

o_O


#12

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
It was a great idea to have a physical goal for your 40th. But you must understand that most of us on these boards are pretty serious lifters (some even competitive powerlifters) and will call out squats that are clearly high. So take that information and put a new goal in place. Work on getting your squat to depth and then add weight. Best of luck to you![/quote]

agree


#13

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
It was a great idea to have a physical goal for your 40th. But you must understand that most of us on these boards are pretty serious lifters (some even competitive powerlifters) and will call out squats that are clearly high. So take that information and put a new goal in place. Work on getting your squat to depth and then add weight. Best of luck to you![/quote]

Totally agree and without calling out everyone who is apparently a serious lifter, I think I already admitted that I didn’t hit bottom. I also think it’s not as bad as it looks as it might be the angle I shot it from. I get it though - I didn’t hit bottom. I didn’t realize I was in a powerlifting comp. Let me say it again, I already admitted that I didn’t go to bottom. When I do my usual training, I hit bottom. For my birthday challenge, I didn’t realize that it would upset so many people. That’s the internet though…

I usually don’t go over 8 reps for my training and thought it would be a tough challenge to try though. SO with that in mind, I challenge all of you to try and squat your body weight, 40 times. Video it. Post it. Let me know how it goes.

Good luck!


#14

[quote]hughgrection wrote:

SO with that in mind, I challenge all of you to try and squat your body weight, 40 times. Video it. Post it. Let me know how it goes.

Good luck![/quote]

Ummmmm, yeah ok. Says the man who hasn’t done it himself. Sorry bud, those half reps don’t count, PERIOD. Try again when you can squat into the hole for 40 reps. I’ll be waiting for that video patiently.