Turned the Big 30.....

[quote]Hriliu999 wrote:
I run into some guys I went to high school with, some looked old when they were 21 and just happily setteled into middle age - it always frustrated me.[/quote]

I remember running into some guys from high school right after college and I couldn’t believe how out of shape they had gotten in that short of a time period. It was as if they had done nothing since then but sit on their asses and eat. I think it goes back to those who believe the highest point of their life was high school. After that, they had little to push for. I guess they felt they were good enough back then and everything else was downhill.

My uncle once said, “Be careful of some those fine girls, man. Soon after high school, many foxes turn into oxes”. Despite the grammar, he was telling the damn truth.

I suspect that’s exactly what they did.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I remember running into some guys from high school right after college and I couldn’t believe how out of shape they had gotten in that short of a time period. It was as if they had done nothing since then but sit on their asses and eat.[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I remember running into some guys from high school right after college and I couldn’t believe how out of shape they had gotten in that short of a time period. It was as if they had done nothing since then but sit on their asses and eat. I think it goes back to those who believe the highest point of their life was high school. After that, they had little to push for. I guess they felt they were good enough back then and everything else was downhill.[/quote]

I went to my best friend’s wedding last July and got to see a lot of people from highschool that I hadn’t seen in years, some of them since I left highschool. It was a bit of a sorry sight, except for one guy who had studied to become a personal trainer, all the others had put on large amounts of weight, even those that had been stick-thin back when they were 16.

That’s a good one! I hope you don’t mind if I quote your uncle’s wise words.

I turned 30 this past February. Right around the time when my entire life went straight to hell and everything bad happened all at once and has kept going since then. So yes, 30 has been a miserable year in my life.

However, I’d have to say that my workouts are much better now, I’m bigger and stronger than I’ve ever been, and I can still hook up with young hotties.

My personality is still the same. I’ve learned more. I’ve become more mellow (yes, I’m more mellow now than I was most of my life…and people still think I’m wild, crazy and have too much energy).

I don’t feel 30. I don’t look 30. Hell, I’m going to be 31 in two more months. It seems odd to me to be that old, but I just don’t see it or feel it.

And despite all the issues/problems/stress I’ve had all year, I’m going to continue to get better with age.

“Like a fine wine, I get better with age.”

Happy B-day PGA!!! I’ll be 30 in Feb and I don’t even feel it. Most people guess me as much younger. I’m starting to think my 30s will be my “coming into my own” time of life. I have far more direction, motivation, and passion about the future than I had at 20.

If only my joints were 20, everything would be a whole lot easier.lol

Happy Birthday!

Aww thanks!! Flattery will get you everywhere!!

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
chinadoll wrote:
PGA~

You are officially welcomed into the “Dirty Thirty” club! Congratulations!!

Honestly, life’s a HELL of a lot better than in your twenties. You’re the same person, and if you haven’t lived too rugged of a life, you’re still young…only usually with fewer financial struggles and hopefully have gained some wisdom (not that 30 is old enough to be termed a “Wise One”, but hopefully the knocks we took in our teens and twenties have taught us someting!!)

Happy Birthday PGA!

~china

ChinaD, Stop teasing, you can’t be a day over 26yrs!

[/quote]

I also hit 30 in September and I have never felt better!! Happy Birthday!