Turned 35 Today

I guess there’s no kidding myself that I’m not an ‘adult’ anymore -lol. I will admit that since turning 30, my body responds a lot differently to training and dieting, and the consideration towards getting injured does weigh on my mind when I train… damn father time.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
my body responds a lot differently to training and dieting, and the consideration towards getting injured does weigh on my mind when I train… damn father time.
[/quote]

Welcome to our collective nightmare!

I look at it this way, when you get older, you just can’t keep doing the stupid stuff that you used to do when you were younger. You have to train smarter and allow yourself recovery time… things that you should have done when you were younger but it didn’t matter to you then because you could get away with it.

Welcome to Geezer Central.

Happy birthday, welcome to the club. Dont worry you still have like 3 or 4 good years left.

Shuffle board Friday Nights, Walker races on Saturday, and Bingo on Sunday.
Checked out your profile pix. Looking real good and strong. Welcome.

If you look hard enough there are a few cats promoting souped up Geritol… Welcome to the old folks home!

Happy birthday to you. Thirty five let me see when was that, ah who cares! Welcome to the best kept secret, the golden years!

Welcome to our exclusive little community. Think of all the senior discounts you’ll soon recieve, it’s not all bad.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Happy birthday, welcome to the club. Dont worry you still have like 3 or 4 good years left.[/quote]

Speaking for those of us over 40, that hurt.

Happy B’day, Stu. Honestly, it’s not all downhill from here – I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been and still taking PRs. What happens now is up to you.

Happy Birthday! and welcome. All of us are still having tons of fun doing all kinds of stuff!

Happy Birthday.

Don’t sweat it. I did my first strongman contest at 35. Still trying to do it at 40.

see ya

Mark

Thanks guys. The nice thing is that no one in my gym thinks I’m anywhere over 28, which I can live with -lol. Guess those jokes I used to make about ‘old timers’ putting metamucil in their protein shakes aren’t going to be as funny anymore.

S

I hope I have your muscularity when I’m 35. Hell I hope to have them now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome. I’ve only just joined the over 35 club recently myself (4 months ago).

Always a good feeling to surprise someone at the gym when they find out your real age, even better when they don’t believe you or exclaim “no way”.

Dont forget ur prune juice you old geezer!

lol jking, Your pretty damn built for 35! From ur older posts (saw profile pics) i wouldnt say your over 30!

Bah - you’re still a growing boy.

Looking outstandingly strong there Stu.

Welcome to the age of ‘mature’ lifting.

Looking stout! Plenty of gains to be had yet.

Welcome Stu, your AARP card is in the mail! I finally realized I am getting old when young store clerks and my kids’ friends call me Mr.

I recieved the ultimate kick in the crotch the other day when the grocery store clerk gave me 2 really long looks and then adjusted my total to include a senior citizen discount.

Sadly I accepted the $1.37 cents reduction of my bill and took the damn Wheat Thins home to my wife…