Turn Over Your (Legal) Firearm

“Say GOODBYE to my little friend!”

A topic that seems suspiciously missing from the political forum. Just a little of what to expect when they declare martial law in YOUR town USA because of [fill in the blank].

New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms as Water Recedes
NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8 - Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police. “Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons,” he said.

Total Gun Confiscation of Law Abiding Citizens Begins
Major newspapers are reporting that in middle-class neighborhoods undamaged by floodwaters paramilitary police are going door-to-door demanding citizens’ firearms.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2005/090905gunconfiscation.htm

Protecting America, one senior citizen at a time - a FOX exclusive.
Police forcibly tackling elderly, confiscating firearms and dragging them out of their homes
http://prisonplanet.com/Pages/Sept05/100905policevid.htm

“The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed” (unless of course there’s a flood)

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:

A topic that seems suspiciously missing from the political forum. Just a little of what to expect when they declare martial law in YOUR town USA because of [fill in the blank].

NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8 - Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms, from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police. “Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons,” he said.

Major newspapers are reporting that in middle-class neighborhoods undamaged by floodwaters paramilitary police are going door-to-door demanding citizens’ firearms.

Police forcibly tackling elderly, confiscating firearms and dragging them out of their homes

“The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed” (unless of course there’s a flood)[/quote]

This was all very disturbing. I think the mass chaos that followed Katrina is the ultimate justification for the 2nd amendment. The founding fathers knew what they were talking about, despite what the big government despots try to tell you.

Good reason to repeal the Brady Law and other ridiculous gun control measures.

Nobody is grabbing guns outside of NO.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
This was all very disturbing. I think the mass chaos that followed Katrina is the ultimate justification for the 2nd amendment. The founding fathers knew what they were talking about, despite what the big government despots try to tell you.[/quote]

I know. If there was ever a time when you WOULDN’T want to have your gun taken away, this is it.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Good reason to repeal the Brady Law and other ridiculous gun control measures.

Nobody is grabbing guns outside of NO.[/quote]

Glad to hear, although still a scary precedent.

All I have to say on this matter is:

"From my cold dead hands"

That’s why you shouldn’t register your weapons…instead buy yourself a mac-10 from the dealer on the corner.

[quote]carld57 wrote:

"From my cold dead hands"[/quote]

Yea…from my cold dead hands…Hold on I don’t like the sound of that.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
That’s why you shouldn’t register your weapons…instead buy yourself a mac-10 from the dealer on the corner.[/quote]

Yeah, the “looter” will still HAVE his weapon.

Actually I was wondering how they confiscated anything BUT REGISTERED firearms since wouldn’t that sort of imply they did a thorough weapons search of each residence for non-registered firearms?

Molon Labe “come and take them” RKBA.

Slim Jim wrote:
That’s why you shouldn’t register your weapons…instead buy yourself a mac-10 from the dealer on the corner:

…Nice post. Your intelligence towards firearms is the reason why are 2nd amendement rights are on the verge of distinction. Mac-10 hell why not an AK-47…

[quote]BigRJ wrote:

Slim Jim wrote:
That’s why you shouldn’t register your weapons…instead buy yourself a mac-10 from the dealer on the corner:

…Nice post. Your intelligence towards firearms is the reason why are 2nd amendement rights are on the verge of distinction. Mac-10 hell why not an AK-47…[/quote]

You’re right, why not an AK?

[quote]carld57 wrote:

"From my cold dead hands"[/quote]

I agree 1000% I have way too much ammo to let anyone take my weapons!!

It’s pretty apparent why they’re going for the guns: if they take away your ability to defend yourself, you’re going to want to leave when you feel threatened.

Retards; just like how our mayor (Baton Rouge)plans to ask for 10 billion to improve roads because of increased population. Of course, his plan includes another bridge over the Mississippi, a loop around the city, etc. It’d be cheaper just to buy all the transplants maps.

I’m glad I’m getting out of here at the end of the month. (too bad that means I have to fly in for home games :slight_smile: )

“The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed” (unless of course there’s a flood)[/quote]

Couldn’t agree with you more on this one JTF. Very scary. This kind of shit is why I’m a proud NRA member.

Fight crime…SHOOT BACK!
http://www.nra.org/

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Couldn’t agree with you more on this one JTF. Very scary. This kind of shit is why I’m a proud NRA member.

Fight crime…SHOOT BACK!
http://www.nra.org/[/quote]

I knew we could find common ground SOMEWHERE.

Gun Confiscations in New Orleans
GOA has received reports that the confiscation of legally-owned firearms has commenced in New Orleans. In addition to denouncing this in the press, GOA will also be looking to draft legislation at both the state and federal level to preclude authorities from imposing ANY firearms restrictions during emergency response activities.

This is expected to be a lengthy and arduous process. If you haven’t joined GOA yet, please consider going to http://www.gunowners.org/ordergoamem.htm and doing so to help in this endeavor.
House Getting Ready To “Roll Over And Play Dead” | GOA

Senate Bill Would Grant FBI Unlimited Access To Gun Sales Records
At issue is a provision in the Patriot Act reauthorization bill (S. 1266) authored by Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS). Now, GOA has long opposed the vast majority of Patriot Act powers as being detrimental to freedom in general and dangerous to gun owners in the particular.

In short, Sen. Roberts’ language would allow the FBI to seize ANY business records it believes would be relevant to an anti-terrorism investigation… without first seeking permission from any court in the land.

After having used an “administrative subpeona” (again, not subject to judicial review) to collect all gun purchase records across the country, your friendly anti-gun but oh-so-patriotic government would have brought about the gun owner’s second-worst-case scenario: a national firearms registration list.

bigflamer wrote:

Fight crime…SHOOT BACK!
http://www.nra.org/

I knew we could find common ground SOMEWHERE.

Gun Confiscations in New Orleans
GOA has received reports that the confiscation of legally-owned firearms has commenced in New Orleans. In addition to denouncing this in the press, GOA will also be looking to draft legislation at both the state and federal level to preclude authorities from imposing ANY firearms restrictions during emergency response activities.

This is expected to be a lengthy and arduous process. If you haven’t joined GOA yet, please consider going to http://www.gunowners.org/ordergoamem.htm and doing so to help in this endeavor.
House Getting Ready To “Roll Over And Play Dead” | GOA

Senate Bill Would Grant FBI Unlimited Access To Gun Sales Records
At issue is a provision in the Patriot Act reauthorization bill (S. 1266) authored by Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS). Now, GOA has long opposed the vast majority of Patriot Act powers as being detrimental to freedom in general and dangerous to gun owners in the particular.

In short, Sen. Roberts’ language would allow the FBI to seize ANY business records it believes would be relevant to an anti-terrorism investigation… without first seeking permission from any court in the land.

After having used an “administrative subpeona” (again, not subject to judicial review) to collect all gun purchase records across the country, your friendly anti-gun but oh-so-patriotic government would have brought about the gun owner’s second-worst-case scenario: a national firearms registration list.
http://www.gunowners.org/a062305.htm[/quote]

Yet more evidence that niether party actually cares about your freedom. Rather, they just can’t agree on which side to start chipping away first.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
BigRJ wrote:

Slim Jim wrote:

…Nice post. Your intelligence towards firearms is the reason why are 2nd amendement rights are on the verge of distinction. Mac-10 hell why not an AK-47…

Your right, why not an AK?

[/quote]
And please tell me how my intelligence towards firearms are why second amendment rights are on the verge of DISTINCTION? please I want to know how to DISTINGUISH them somemore cause I don’t think they’re DISTINGUISHED enough.

[quote]BigRJ wrote:

Slim Jim wrote:

…Nice post. Your intelligence towards firearms is the reason why are 2nd amendement rights are on the verge of distinction. Mac-10 hell why not an AK-47…[/quote]

A mac-10 with a suppressor and 3 - 30 round magazines fits nicely in an audio cassette style case. However, the AKs, SKs…etc. are more accurate and have such a HUGE ammo supply.

“Guns don’t kill people. Those little tiny bullets do.”

Criminals have been interviewed in prison, and guess what? They never register their guns, nor do they buy them at the local dealer.

Gun control only takes guns away from law abiding citizens, and actually has the reverse effect on crime.

[quote]etaco wrote:

Yet more evidence that niether party actually cares about your freedom. Rather, they just can’t agree on which side to start chipping away first. [/quote]

Words of wisdom.