T Nation

Turkish Reporter Mocks Obama in Blackface

This is hilarious, too bad I don’t know what he is saying.

Yes but who is the greater leader Obama or Kim il Jung?

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da8_1239137290 [/quote]

Then how is it hilarious? Just because he’s in black face?? It was SOO hilarious that you didn’t even bother looking into what it was all about,fool. It wasn’t done to mock Obama.

The reporter is actually praising Obama…but in return is asking help from Obama and American people. In doing so,he is embarrassed for asking…which could be referenced to some Turkish proverb?:

“One who asks for a favor darkens his face once, but one who doesn’t grant it darkens his face twice.”

This is an example of cultural ignorance…from both directions.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

This is an example of cultural ignorance…[/quote]

…and creepy avatars.

I have no clue what he was saying either, but I didn’t think it was hilarious.

Anyway, at least, these folks didn’t mock Obama. They burnt effigies of Bush and Hussein though.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Then how is it hilarious? Just because he’s in black face?? It was SOO hilarious that you didn’t even bother looking into what it was all about,fool. It wasn’t done to mock Obama.

The reporter is actually praising Obama…but in return is asking help from Obama and American people. In doing so,he is embarrassed for asking…which could be referenced to some Turkish proverb?:

“One who asks for a favor darkens his face once, but one who doesn’t grant it darkens his face twice.”

This is an example of cultural ignorance…from both directions.[/quote]

I still don’t get it.

Anyways, I still think it’s funny, whether it was mocking Obama or praising him. Imagine a U.S. reporter doing this in praise of the great leader. He would be burned at the cross, then peed on.

What I’m getting from this is that in Turkey its ok for someone to go on tv in blackface. At the same time some of my fellow countrymen think this is funny.

I think it is in poor taste to mock Obama
for the color of his skin. His stand on various issues or gaffes are fair game but
race should be off limits. I don’t understand people who are deliberately offensive to entire segments of society.