T Nation

Turkey Parmesan Spaghetti PWO?

Hi all,
I made Turkey Parmesan today with low fat breading and no cheese. The spaghetti consisted of grating a squash (suprisingly worked really well and tasted great). Is this an alright post-workout meal?

Obviously it’s not the best source of carbs, but it tasted awesome. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

[quote]morr6120 wrote:
Hi all,
I made Turkey Parmesan today with low fat breading and no cheese. The spaghetti consisted of grating a squash (suprisingly worked really well and tasted great). Is this an alright post-workout meal?

Obviously it’s not the best source of carbs, but it tasted awesome. Your input would be greatly appreciated. [/quote]

I’m assuming this is for a cutting phase, right?

If you’re bulking, italian food is great. It’s a staple when I’m bulking.

Yep definitely cutting, usually what I aim towards during the summer. But I mean lightly breaded turkey breasts, theres nothing too wrong with that right? 1/4 cup of the breading has like 20 g of carbs. So it’s still relatively low.

[quote]morr6120 wrote:
Yep definitely cutting, usually what I aim towards during the summer. But I mean lightly breaded turkey breasts, theres nothing too wrong with that right? 1/4 cup of the breading has like 20 g of carbs. So it’s still relatively low. [/quote]

Personally, I would just make meat balls with some ground beef or turkey and use tomato sauce. But, as long as you’re in a calorie deficit, I guess it’s fine. Just make sure breading and starches aren’t your main or only source of carbs. Make sure most of your carb intake is coming from quality carb sources, like fresh produce.