Turkey Cold Cuts?

Yea, I know the old theory of cold cuts was that they were bad due to too much additives and nitrates and other BS. The Price Chopper I go to carries a brand of turkey and ham that have 0 nitrates or other additives. I been buying it even though it’s a little more expensive. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Does it sound safe? I usually get a couple pounds a week of the stuff for those times when I’m in a hurry or just too lazy/tired to whip up a big protein meal. I throw a bunch of the turkey on a whole wheat wrap with some mayo cheeze and lettuce tomato, and in about 2 minutes I got a nice 30 grams of protein.

Also since we are on the subject, About how long would a turkey or chicken last if I just cooked one on sunday and then ate the meat on wraps throughout the week?

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Also since we are on the subject, About how long would a turkey or chicken last if I just cooked one on sunday and then ate the meat on wraps throughout the week?

V[/quote]

If you keep it covered with aluminum foil (the whole chicken), or if you cut off all the meat and keep it covered or in tupperware, it should last the whole week to two weeks without a problem in the refrigerator. I often cook up more chicken breasts than I can eat, cut them up and store them in the fridge to use to make sandwiches all week long. Never seem to have any problems with it keeping well.