Tuna...what to do with it

Try mixing it with an egg and something like oatmeal or crackers. Pat it out like it’s a burger and fry it. Pretty tasty.

Edgar03

Try it, it’s not half as bad as it sounds!! A few crackers on the side makes it even nore nice!!

Gophersex

I thought the same before I tried it. Have a go, what do you got to loose? Except your lunch:)

For lunch I always (almost always) eat a salad I just change out the protien. Romane lettuce, cucumbers, a little tomato, onion etc.
sprinkle of Fetta cheese topped with Flaxseed oil and low fat ceaser dressing

On top I put tuna, salmon, chicken etc. The tuna is not bad but it’s best if you drain it real good and of course albacore is the way to go, forget that cat food.

I usually mix my tuna with sauce (tomato, chilli, salsa) whatever I can find. Now I am getting sick of the sauce.

A week or two ago I actually put chocolate topping straight in the can on top of the tuna and ate it from the can. It was strange but it didn’t taste like tuna and that’s all I wanted.

Yo, if your in a rush, and dont want to dirty a dish, dump some salsa on that tuna. Do it right in the can, it tastes great-low fat too.

P.S. Moose, that one made me sick just hearing about it.

so what about the mercury content in tuna?

rub some on some panties…post a picture of some hotty on ebay and sell them as used…
j/k some guys were actually doing that though…
I like it mixed with macoroni…other than that not a big tuna eater…I like chicken!

feed it to my cat…

i don’t eat tuna, being a girl and not wanting mercury in my body. (someday i want kids) at the most i would say once a week, max. i already have mercury in my teeth, i’m trying not to eat too much. white albacore is supposedly higher in mercury than light tuna.

I don’t really worry about the mercury. At least I’m not shoveling some partially-hydrogenated, high-fructose corn syrup, soy type shit down my throat.

I’ll take my chances with a little mercury.

Mercury? I have never heard this before. What’s the deal, are there large amounts?

I find it hard to believe that there could actually be large enough amounts to actually cause any harm.

mercury again?
blah, blah, blah, blah
eat your damn tuna

everything I’ve ever heard from nutritionists, and the like say that you should probably eat no more than 2-3 cans per week. The reason tuna, along with swordfish,shark, etc… has a higher mercury content is because they are predatory fish. The little fish get eaten by the big fish, and then you have an elevated level of mercury. Try salmon, it tastes relatively close to tuna and doesn’t have the problems with mercury. Although I read something about being careful where it’s from because of PCB content (that would be the wonderful farm chemical runoff into the streams where they spawn)

A little rice+ soy sauce.
corn+peas maybe. OH WOW.

Tuna is a predatory fish??? WTF? That’s news to me.

I am going to try Ricotta Chease and tuna tonight, increased protein and fat from the chease instead of Mayo.

1001 Things to do with TUNA

buy cans of chicken instead

Great Thread dude!!!

Heres the 2 I live with, but will try some of these new ones :slight_smile:

1. Tuna, cottage cheese and 4 whole wheat crackers (I really hate cottage cheese and tuna, and it was due to the texture so the crushed up crackers fixed that and now I love it)

2. Tuna, Vinager, salt, tomatoes olive oil (this is Italian style, famliy has been doing this for years)

enjoy!

Well I know what NOT to mix it in with, and that’s HONEY… The mixture smells like year-old urine. If you don’t believe me, try it. I mean, the taste isn’t all that bad just don’t smell it.