T Nation

Tuna Steaks

Has anyone been digging the tuna steak packets that BumbleBee makes. I have been so stoked out by these steaks, I love fish, sushi is really expensive, so that isn’t a daily option, so these little steaks hit the spot for the daily fish fix. Yeah, I know you are probably saying, “why not hit up the flavored packets of chunk light tuna” I do like those flavored packs, but they were getting a little played out. So if you haven’t tried the new tuna steak packs, go pick some up, you will dig 'em.

Supposedly BumbleBee is coming out with wild salmon steaks in the same type of packing, which will help with the fat profile.

I tried them a couple of months ago. It sure beats eating plain tuna right out of the can.

Them things are real good. The only draw back is I have to eat about six at a time to make a meal, and at $2.00 each thats kinda pricey.

Hmmm…daily fish fix in the form of tuna. That doesn’t sound very good.

[quote]Joebob wrote:
Them things are real good. The only draw back is I have to eat about six at a time to make a meal, and at $2.00 each thats kinda pricey.[/quote]

each one is 60 grams of protein +/-, IIRC, so why are you eating 6 at a time?

That’s your whole days protein needs in that one meal.
No way that all gets utilized.

[quote]Clark Call wrote:
Supposedly BumbleBee is coming out with wild salmon steaks in the same type of packing, which will help with the fat profile.[/quote]

that’d be nice. I tried the smoked salmon one and barely managed to get it down.
I love salmon, but not smoked.
Weird.

I did notice that the primary part of the marinade was soybean oil though.