Tuna Preparation

I’m sure at some point this has been discussed (ad infinium, no doubt), but I haven’t stumbled upon it, so I’ll ask. How do you all go about preparing your tuna? I’m mostly a drain and out-of-the-can sorta’ guy myself, although on occasion I’ll mix in some relish. (Takes out the fishiness quite well, methinks.) And yourselves?

Have you tried those prepackaged tuna snacks that come with the crackers, little napkin and spoon? I could eat hundreds of those things. Why cant someone invent protein crackers that taste like ritz crackers?

I personally think that the only thing that makes tuna taste better is carbs.

Ramone.

I know this is wierd, but I can’t help it, it’s how I’ve been eating my tuna for years and years and years (since I was a wee child even): I mix my tuna with ketchup. I hate mayo. Always have, so I’ve used ketchup instead. Much tastier, IMO, anyways.

This is my favourite recipe.
1 or 2 cans of tuna in spring water.Open and drain. Place in bowl and add roughly chopped red and yellow sweet peppars.Mix together and drizzle over some decent olive oil.
Squeeze the juice of a lemon to taste and tuck in
Yummy
Dave F.

This was the kinda stuff I was looking for. Let’s keep it going, all. (BTW, Patricia, while I’ve never tried it with tuna, I do consider ketchup the condiment of the Gods[tm], so I can sympathize.)

I like it with some minched red onion, stone ground or honey mustard, dill, black pepper, garlic powder, and a bit of lemon juice…mmmmmmm

put the tuna in a bowl, and put a piece of provolone cheese on it. toss it in the microwave (covered) for a minute, then take it out, add a little bit of ketchup and mustard, and mix it all up. its damn tasty.

Mix it with Italian salad dressing, yum

Add some hot sauce, tebasco sauce etc. This is amazing. I also add a little cheddar cheese right now because I am on the T-dawg diet and I can. But this tastes amazing if you like hot stuff.

1/2 cup drained tuna, 2 cups diet pepsi. Blend for 30 seconds on high. Drink and enjoy!

I’ve been eating it with salsa. Othertimes with barbecue sauce (i like that better than ketchup), other times just good old fashion salt and pepper. I was inspired by the relish and went home and tried it for lunch, not too bad. Mustard also works well.

chopped celery, onion and just a dab of lowfat mayo. the taste reminds me of mom’s macaroni salad without the macaroni back when i used to eat whatever the hell i wanted to.

One or two cans of water packed solid white albacore drained, put in a bowl, drizzle 1 tbsp of flax oil over it, add some mustard, stir, eat.

One can of drained tuna, add one 4 oz. can of kippered herring, mix, eat.

I use it in place of chicken, just bump up the seasoning to kill the fishy taste. Pasta, yakisoba, ramen, udon, fried rice etc. If i’m in a hurry, out of the can with Tapatio hot sauce.

Tuna and Peanut Butter! Takes the fishy taste out and is and excellent combo of clean fat and protein.

I usually mix a can of tuna, drained, with half a cup of cottage cheese(to replace the mayo). This gives it a great (IMO) amino acid profile and plenty of protein. Add a little salt, pepper, spices, etc. to taste!
Jeff

Out of the tin straight - can’t be arsed stuffing around with seasoning etc… the longer it takes to prepare the less motivated I’ll be to start doing it!

Saute garlic, onions, different kinds of peppers, sweet and hot, in olive oil. Add several cans of tuna. Brown tuna. Top with cheese. You can also add eggs to the tuna before cooking.

Wasabi baby! Lots of wasabi to add some extra “Bite”!

I’ll have to try that relish idea though. I’m just trying to eat as “clean” as possible.

I use about 1 tbsp. Fat Free Miracle Whip, 1 tbsp. dill relish, and 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic. The ketchup and barbeque sauce ideas sound interesting, too.