Tuna Pasta

Something that my wife cooks for our family every now and then is Pasta with Tuna in the sauce. She will cook up some Pasta (sometimes whole wheat, sometimes not) usually Rigatoni and then heat up some canned tomato sauce, add a few spices and then throw in a can or two of Albacore Tuna. Top with fresh grated cheese and Voila

Very easy to make, very affordable and very tasty

Keith

Oh wow thats a very innovative, cutting edge recipe, imo the rest of the nation should post their lazy standard slop of shit recipe.

What got me through college was something like that…only I used only pasta and tuna…no butter, no cheese, just plain pasta with good ol’ chunk light tuna mixed in.

This wasn’t the most appetizing, but got me protein and carbs at a price that I could afford in college. Sometimes you gotta do what it takes.

[quote]Keith Wassung wrote:
Something that my wife cooks for our family every now and then is Pasta with Tuna in the sauce. She will cook up some Pasta (sometimes whole wheat, sometimes not) usually Rigatoni and then heat up some canned tomato sauce, add a few spices and then throw in a can or two of Albacore Tuna. Top with fresh grated cheese and Voila

Keith[/quote]

[quote]dcfball wrote:
Oh wow thats a very innovative, cutting edge recipe, imo the rest of the nation should post their lazy standard slop of shit recipe.

[/quote]

That was extremely small, hostile, and wrong! Do you have something against Keith?

Keith, I often make whole wheat pasta with tuna in it and low fat parmesan and the low cal spray butter on it. A quick convienent good carb and protein meal. I also sometimes throw peas in.

Other guy, I don’t even recall your name you are an ass,

That doesn’t sound too bad at all, plus it’s easy to make. dcfball, on the other hand, should go shit in his hand and eat it.

[quote]Keith Wassung wrote:

Keith[/quote]

Hey, tried it out. In fact, eating now at work even as I post this. What is nice is the tomato sauce helps take some the strong taste of the tunu out of it.

Great recipe, thanks Keith!

[quote]dcfball wrote:

[/quote]

That was a very lazy standard slop of shit post.

Italians are very fond of “Pasta Con Tono” I think thats the spelling. I can speak it but I cant write it.

My uncle used to fish and would bring home tuna he caught and cook it in the sauce. It was fantastic, I was too young and dumb to bother learning how. I gotta call him for the recipe.

When we didnt have the fresh tuna we used canned, not the same but good.

What the fuck is up with the negative posts.

Keith, I also enjoy that recipe!

For those of you bulking, adding a can of tuna and a can of diced tomatoes to a pot of mac & cheese is da bomb. Annies mac & cheese is a slightly healthier version.

[quote]dcfball wrote:

[/quote]

You still weigh 247? Maybe you should talk less shit and take better care of yourself.

Keith has always contributed great ideas and articles to the forum.

Lol you people are hilarious.

Damn the low carb diet! :wink: One of my favourite combos pasta n tuna

[quote]dcfball wrote:
Lol you people are hilarious. [/quote]

Wow.

[quote]dcfball wrote:

[/quote]

Perhaps if you ate some of this simple recipe, you might not be “so fat I want to die.”

On a fishy note - one of my favourite eveing meals at the moment is to pop in a pan, a can of pilchards (in own tomato sauce) then half a can of plum tomatos, sprinkle some curry powder or cumin powder, some chilli flakes, heat gently and then top off with broccoli. Nice!

[quote]bomberlow wrote:
On a fishy note - one of my favourite eveing meals at the moment is to pop in a pan, a can of pilchards (in own tomato sauce) then half a can of plum tomatos, sprinkle some curry powder or cumin powder, some chilli flakes, heat gently and then top off with broccoli. Nice! [/quote]

That’s not very fishy- you forget something?

[quote]th_underdog wrote:
bomberlow wrote:
On a fishy note - one of my favourite eveing meals at the moment is to pop in a pan, a can of pilchards (in own tomato sauce) then half a can of plum tomatos, sprinkle some curry powder or cumin powder, some chilli flakes, heat gently and then top off with broccoli. Nice!

That’s not very fishy- you forget something?[/quote]

Pilchards are a small sardine like fish.

Thanks for the recipe Keith. One of my favorite post workout meals is mac & cheese with tuna. Yummy fast carbs and protein mix.

Ohh. Ya learn something new everyday, huh?

Pilchards rule. I love any oily fish. Mackerel are really cheap. They tend to piss everyone off if you have a communal kitchen though…

[quote]th_underdog wrote:
Ohh. Ya learn something new everyday, huh?[/quote]

Yep pilchards are cheap small fishy that pack a punch, also no worries about mecury etc. as with being a smaller fish.