T Nation

Tuition is Too Damn High

More city co-eds turning to sugar daddies for school support

More New York City co-eds are turning to a new source of income â?? sugar daddies â?? to cope with the rising cost of their college tuition, surprising statistics released yesterday reveal.

And the majority is enrolled at New York University, according to the sugar-daddy dating site SeekingArrangement.com.

Nearly 300 NYU co-eds joined the siteâ??s service last year seeking a â??mutually beneficialâ?? arrangement with rich older men â?? a 154 percent jump over 2011.

It was the second-highest number of new members for any college in the country.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

More New York City co-eds are turning to a new source of income â?? sugar daddies â?? to cope with the rising cost of their college tuition, surprising statistics released yesterday reveal.

[/quote]

Soooooo… good news?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

More New York City co-eds are turning to a new source of income �¢?? sugar daddies �¢?? to cope with the rising cost of their college tuition, surprising statistics released yesterday reveal.

[/quote]

Soooooo… good news?[/quote]

Probably a sign that the rates of people attaining university degrees will trend downward.

I don’t personally have a problem with these arrangements. It’s akin to a husband giving his housewife a weekly allowance.

Of course tuition is too damn high

Anytime you have mass amounts of government loans because greedy/reasonable people will not lend $ themselves, then you are going to wind up with increased demand. That’s the purpose

Then it is only a matter of time before that increased demand allows for higher prices to be charged. If you can obviously (and easily) get more $, then why not?

I know a few men that will be happy :slight_smile:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I don’t personally have a problem with these arrangements. It’s akin to a husband giving his housewife a weekly allowance. [/quote]

What is the difference between this and prostitution?

( aside from this arrangement being legal )

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I don’t personally have a problem with these arrangements. It’s akin to a husband giving his housewife a weekly allowance. [/quote]

( aside from this arrangement being legal )[/quote]
None you mean the difference between marriage and prostitution right?

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

None you mean the difference between marriage and prostitution right?[/quote]

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That too.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

I love the image! lol…

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I don’t personally have a problem with these arrangements. It’s akin to a husband giving his housewife a weekly allowance.
[/quote]
Prior to easy divorce and technological contraception: over 90% of the time the “husband-giving-his-housewife-a-weekly-allowance” (or “husband-turning-over-the-paycheck-and-getting-an-allowance”) arrangement was permanent; and produced & raised children in a somewhat stable situation. Thus contributing to a somewhat orderly and self-perpetuating society.

On the other hand: I think perhaps sex in exchange for college support is no worse than sex in the context of deeply-felt but nonetheless temporary and fickle emotional connections.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That too.
[/quote]

I’d say the big difference in both from prostitution is in the number of johns. I’d assume a woman or man I guess that marries for money or someone that has a financial arrangement for sex is going to be more exclusive than a prostitute that is working somewhat on volume.

Another difference is the paradigm of marriage which is arguably more beneficial for women is the legally accepted contract. The sugar daddy thing while perhaps not illegal wouldn’t be able to be legally contracted for.

There really is little difference in many marriages and sugar daddy relationships other than the balance of power more favors the person with the money in the latter and traditionally this has been men though not always. For a financially well to do man the second is probably the better choice. Not as much risk as either marriage or random prostitutes.

Why the popcorn gif? Just because I am not a misogynist doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be clear to me and I would think most that traditional marriage as its set up benefits the woman more than the man.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That too.
[/quote]

Well, with prostitution you agree on the price in advance, you usually get what you paid for, there are review sites and a stiff competition among the prostitutes.

If things go sour either her or you stands up and leaves and you get to keep most of your stuff and she does not have the power of a nation state behind her.

Fuck me, that sounds awesome!

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That too.
[/quote]

I’d say the big difference in both from prostitution is in the number of johns. I’d assume a woman or man I guess that marries for money or someone that has a financial arrangement for sex is going to be more exclusive than a prostitute that is working somewhat on volume.

Another difference is the paradigm of marriage which is arguably more beneficial for women is the legally accepted contract. The sugar daddy thing while perhaps not illegal wouldn’t be able to be legally contracted for.

There really is little difference in many marriages and sugar daddy relationships other than the balance of power more favors the person with the money in the latter and traditionally this has been men though not always. For a financially well to do man the second is probably the better choice. Not as much risk as either marriage or random prostitutes.

Why the popcorn gif? Just because I am not a misogynist doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be clear to me and I would think most that traditional marriage as its set up benefits the woman more than the man.
[/quote]

Was waiting for her answer.

Women trying to conjure up a difference between marriage and prostitution without at least implicitly admitting that prostitutes are actually the better deal on a lot of levels are always entertaining.

Alas, it was not meant to be.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Women trying to conjure up a difference between marriage and prostitution without at least implicitly admitting that prostitutes are actually the better deal on a lot of levels are always entertaining.

Alas, it was not meant to be. [/quote]

Ultimately it depends on what you want from the relationship. Obviously prostitution or an arrangement is better for the man if physicality is primary to him. You aren’t stuck with the same woman, your prostitute won’t ever have a headache, if your arrangement becomes not enjoyable you don’t see her anymore. Your relationship likely won’t be as deep emotionally if that’s important to you however its frankly not to a lot of people.

Marriage would be a better contract if for example both parties had to resign to state married at 5 year intervals.

[quote]orion wrote:

Well, with prostitution you agree on the price in advance, you usually get what you paid for, there are review sites and a stiff competition among the prostitutes.

If things go sour either her or you stands up and leaves and you get to keep most of your stuff and she does not have the power of a nation state behind her.

Fuck me, that sounds awesome!

[/quote]

I agree. I always thought that if I wanted to go the way of feminism and become a “successful” career woman “who doesn’t need a man” bla bla bla…that it would be easier to pay for fantastic looking male specimen.

However, for the males that need the status symbol, that need to obey society’s demands for style over substance, a trophy wife does for him and his career what a prostitute never will.

To these men, maybe marriage to an exclusive whore is an investment that allows him to continue to enjoy not only approval but maintain and/or climb his hierarchic status and promote his career.

The day they elect a single male without a dog for president you will know society has truly changed.

[quote]groo wrote:

[/quote]

On the whole I agree.

Aside form marriage for money serving to protect the males status in society, marriage for money also allows him to be have extra marital affairs - while the trophy wife ( nowadays hopefully ) just spends his money, and maybe ( hopefully again ) raises his offspring.

Sugar daddy and prostitution are more honest than marriage for money, in my opinion.

However, to a lot of women security is their primary desire. Where I think these women go wrong is that they marry for money and lie to themselves and their husbands that they married because they"looove" him.

It was for love, the love of the security his money was going to bring her.

But then they add insult to injury by demanding he connect with her emotionally when deep down he knows the connection is conditional on his having the money to secure ( her “love” ).

If I had married for money whilst remaining sexually loyal to the man, I would have just felt like a high class, monogamous prostitute.

The Alpha Whore, if you will.

from the mans point of view Divorce is the F–king you get fore the F–king you got

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Alas, it was not meant to be. [/quote]

Ultimately it depends on what you want from the relationship. Obviously prostitution or an arrangement is better for the man if physicality is primary to him. You aren’t stuck with the same woman, your prostitute won’t ever have a headache, if your arrangement becomes not enjoyable you don’t see her anymore. Your relationship likely won’t be as deep emotionally if that’s important to you however its frankly not to a lot of people.

Marriage would be a better contract if for example both parties had to resign to state married at 5 year intervals.
[/quote]
If the parties are unable to come to terms at the end of one of the intervals and they have minor children, do the minor children get euthanized?