T Nation

TUF Season 5 Final

Am I the only guy here that is really disappointed in the final of Season 5. I mean Manny “big mouth” Gamburian and Nate “209!209!209!” Diaz were real pains in the ass and it’s a shame to know that one of them has to win. The only thing worse would have been Marlon vs. Gabe or something.

mike

I’m not disappointed. Manny went out there and took it to every guy he fought. I love his style. He puts the pressure on his opponent and takes them out of their gameplan with his aggression.

And, how can you not like Diaz, either Nate or Nick? They’re just two dudes who will scrap at any time. Nate has some slick ground skills.

I think it will be a good fight…maybe we’ll get a Nick Diaz-Karo Parisyan rematch down the road, too, after what happened on the show last night. Of course, that would require Dana hiring Nick back, which if he were smart, he’d do instantly.

I have not watched more than three episodes this season.

What happened between Diaz and Parisyan?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I have not watched more than three episodes this season.

What happened between Diaz and Parisyan?[/quote]

It was stupid…

Karo kept touching Nate, Nate got uncomfortable, Karo got pissed.

Best part as Karo’s walking out of the room he’s like: “don’t you know who I am?” lol

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I have not watched more than three episodes this season.

What happened between Diaz and Parisyan?[/quote]

Parisyan was acting like an arrogant prick and was disrespecting Diaz in particular by kind of joking/pushing him around. Like a school yard bully. Diaz kind of stood up for himself and said don’t push me around and there was hand bags at 20 paces, with everyone breaking it up. No punches exchanged just harsh words and a lot of posturing.

It seemed like Karo was trying to belittle the TUF guys. I think maybe because he’s bitter that they are more famous than him yet he feels as the better, more established UFC fighter he deserves recognition. He just came across as a dick.

Afterwards Karo event went as far as to say “Do these guys know who i am!?”

I am very pleased with the finals, both fighters deserve it.

Am I the only one that thinks Manny is shorter than 5’5"

[quote]PackFM wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I have not watched more than three episodes this season.

What happened between Diaz and Parisyan?

It was stupid…

Karo kept touching Nate, Nate got uncomfortable, Karo got pissed.

Best part as Karo’s walking out of the room he’s like: “don’t you know who I am?” lol
[/quote]

Is Diaz the TUF competitor that knocked Parisyan TFO a couple of years ago in a UFC match?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
PackFM wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I have not watched more than three episodes this season.

What happened between Diaz and Parisyan?

It was stupid…

Karo kept touching Nate, Nate got uncomfortable, Karo got pissed.

Best part as Karo’s walking out of the room he’s like: “don’t you know who I am?” lol

Is Diaz the TUF competitor that knocked Parisyan TFO a couple of years ago in a UFC match?[/quote]

No, Nick Diaz never competed on TUF, he fought Karo Parisyan in '04 but lost to a split decision.

Nate (Nicks litle brother) fights at 155, Karo fights at 170.

I am impressed with Manny’s pit bull mentality but he was kinda blanket-like against Lauzon.

I really wanted Lauzon to win, I like his style. He seemed “off” in that fight… he has a good future.

It will be intersting to see if Manny stays at 155.

If he wants to stay with the UFC he must, on the other hand he could make a big splash in the WEC featherweight class.

In the past two TUF winners have dropped down in weight after winning the show, Rashad Evans and Joe Stevenson.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:

In the past two TUF winners have dropped down in weight after winning the show, Rashad Evans and Joe Stevenson.[/quote]

Three.

Diego Sanchez won the 185 pound class in TUF1.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
I really wanted Lauzon to win, I like his style. He seemed “off” in that fight… he has a good future.
[/quote]

I think he seemed “off” because Manny put him under pressure for the entire fight.

Disappointed in the final matchup? No way. Diaz was very impressive vs. Gray and I love Manny’s work ethic and attitude.

And just for the record, Karo Parisyan came out of that episode looking like a real arrogant turd.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:

In the past two TUF winners have dropped down in weight after winning the show, Rashad Evans and Joe Stevenson.

Three.

Diego Sanchez won the 185 pound class in TUF1.[/quote]

Good catch, I forgot Sanchez.

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:
I really wanted Lauzon to win, I like his style. He seemed “off” in that fight… he has a good future.

I think he seemed “off” because Manny put him under pressure for the entire fight.

Disappointed in the final matchup? No way. Diaz was very impressive vs. Gray and I love Manny’s work ethic and attitude.

And just for the record, Karo Parisyan came out of that episode looking like a real arrogant turd.

[/quote]
I like Manny he is a good fighter and absolutley deserves to be in the final.

i think this final is the best fight. and the semi’s were great too.

diaz and manny are the two fighters with the most never say die heart on that show. they are the only two with the guts to pull out legit 2nd and 3rd winds.

karo was being such a dick. that shit he was doing to try show everyone he is the “alpha” dog was totally disrespectful. it was like he could tell nate was the coolest guy in the room so he was trying to put him down. watch it and you’ll see everytime he gives diaz a little slap or grab diaz gives him one back to even it up. diaz didn’t lay down for his shit and that pissed him off.

then when he’s trying to “talk” to nate after the first scuffle he’s still trying to own him by making nate come out of the room, like he’s his dad or something, but diaz wasn’t having any of it. i couldn’t believe that shit karo said about " do these guys know who i am ? " that shit was so funny i wonder if they just made it all up for tv.

the last couple tuf shows were pretty good. though i have to say i’ve enjoyed the show alot more since i got dvr and i prolly wouldn’t watch at all if i didn’t.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Am I the only guy here that is really disappointed in the final of Season 5. I mean Manny “big mouth” Gamburian and Nate “209!209!209!” Diaz were real pains in the ass and it’s a shame to know that one of them has to win. The only thing worse would have been Marlon vs. Gabe or something.

mike

[/quote]

Not really at all. They certainly deserve it. Of course, I watched the show knowing that they were in the finals so I didn’t really cheer for anyone else.

I like Nate’s chances of getting a tap on Manny in the finale. His card is amazingly active, and Manny just tries to ride on top and will caught I think. If Manny does win, it will be a boring lay and pray victory.

Hey Donut, how did you know that they were going to be in the finals before it was shown?

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
Hey Donut, how did you know that they were going to be in the finals before it was shown?[/quote]

You can usually find it about a week or two after the show stops filming by digging around on internet forums. They come back to their gyms and start training for the fight, so people who train in the gyms are able to figure out what’s up.

How long is it between the semi-finals and the final?

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
How long is it between the semi-finals and the final?[/quote]

Probably 3 or 4 months I believe.