TUF: GSP vs Kos

I wanna watch Mike Tyson punch Koscheck in the face. :slight_smile:

The fight wasn’t bad but meh. I was pulling for the english guy. Too bad he didn’t land (or throw) more punches… where he had the advantage clearly.

[quote]The ShiZniT wrote:
I’ve watched every TUF and like em all and my IQ is 82, which has got to be up there near the top percentile. I wanna see Kos, or anyone, give GSP a beatdown. Reasons being, he’s not American, his accent is gay, and he fights boring and safe.[/quote]

hahaha.

I’ve watched every TUF and like em all and my IQ is 82, which has got to be up there near the top percentile. I wanna see Kos, or anyone, give GSP a beatdown. Reasons being, he’s not American, his accent is gay, and he fights boring and safe.[/quote]

top percentile of what?

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

top percentile of what?

[/quote]
You must be in the lower percentile too.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

The fight wasn’t bad but meh. I was pulling for the english guy. Too bad he didn’t land (or throw) more punches… where he had the advantage clearly.[/quote]

i was surprised by his wrestling, although i think the other guy overestimated his own ability a bit…

Koscheck sounds like the biggest dumbass jock I have ever heard speak.

This show is made for DVR. Record Wednesday night. Watch Thursday morning with breakfast, fastforward right to the last 15 minutes, making one stop to watch a little of the “training” footage to get tips from Koscheck about how it’s important to train mindlessly (I’m no where near his accomplishments as an athlete… but I think I’m questioning his coaching a little bit, although I’m sure the show just edits and distorts to show what they want to).

Takes about 20 minutes to get through an hour-long show. You know it’s quality.

Again a good fight, this season is refreshing. Kos’ guy has potential and a great ground game for a 21 year old. Once he fixes his non-existent wrestling and spends more time on his standup he could turn into a prospect. He just got dominated with a much higher level of BJJ technicality.

GSP’s guy is a true blue BJJ fighter, slow and methodical. He kept it just technical enough for a BJJ guy like me to not call it LnP. Beautiful ground game, and a good showing from both guys.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Koscheck sounds like the biggest dumbass jock I have ever heard speak. [/quote]

He is playing that role to make the season interesting. I like him better than the French Canadian robot.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
Again a good fight, this season is refreshing. Kos’ guy has potential and a great ground game for a 21 year old. Once he fixes his non-existent wrestling and spends more time on his standup he could turn into a prospect. He just got dominated with a much higher level of BJJ technicality.

GSP’s guy is a true blue BJJ fighter, slow and methodical. He kept it just technical enough for a BJJ guy like me to not call it LnP. Beautiful ground game, and a good showing from both guys.[/quote]
I’d say it had less to do with being beaten by a guy with higher level bjj and more to do with being less experienced in mma than his opponent.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

The fight wasn’t bad but meh. I was pulling for the english guy. Too bad he didn’t land (or throw) more punches… where he had the advantage clearly.[/quote]

i was surprised by his wrestling, although i think the other guy overestimated his own ability a bit…[/quote]
Agreed.

I think that guy is over-hyped completely.

Oh wait…

most TUF fighters are. D:

I have a whole new level of respect for GSP.

I like that he’s a “good guy”.

hmm…wwird fight tonight. i was watching the fight, wondering why the hell spencer didn’t train to fight a southpaw, unitl i realized he was the shotuhpaw. he got schooled pretty good…

i’m curious as to why Nam didn’t get picked first.

and Kos is an even bigger jackass…

Nam didn’t look that great, he couldn’t finish a one handed Spencer. Spencer’s a better fighter. Kos’s button pushing wasn’t entertaining at all and did make him look like a douche this time. I wish someone would have clocked that “drunk” thai fighter, he looked like a tubby slob. And GSP’s other French or Canadian trainer needs to cut the rest of his pieces of hair off, he looks retarded.

Nam didn’t look that great, he couldn’t finish a one handed Spencer. Spencer’s a better fighter. Kos’s button pushing wasn’t entertaining at all and did make him look like a douche this time. I wish someone would have clocked that “drunk” thai fighter, he looked like a tubby slob. And GSP’s other French or Canadian trainer needs to cut the rest of his pieces of hair off, he looks retarded.[/quote]

I would have liked to see more of the training with the drunk-French-Muay-Thai guy.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
hmm…wwird fight tonight. i was watching the fight, wondering why the hell spencer didn’t train to fight a southpaw, unitl i realized he was the shotuhpaw. he got schooled pretty good…

i’m curious as to why Nam didn’t get picked first.

and Kos is an even bigger jackass…[/quote]
Nam is a natural FW or BW but he still had a competitive fight with Josh Thomson and Billy Evangelista at LW.

I really… REALLY… REALLY hope the french Thai coach would just head kick Kos into a coma and shut him up.

I mean the guys acts like a grade 7 jock!!!

Good matchup. Phan looked great, and Paige was holding his own until his alleged injuries. The level of skill shown so far is much higher than the last two seasons.

I was thinking: “Damn Kos is a fucking douche” until I realized it’s a TV show leading up to a WW championship fight, and Koscheck was trying his best to entertain. I’m one of those guys that does watch each episode in its entirety, more so for the training sessions than the oft-retarded house hijinks. If Kos was just another GSP, well, it would be awesome (two GSPs fighting each other?!) but the show would lack flavor, unless they brought in drunk MT/wrestling/BJJ champ every training session.

Nam didn’t look that great, he couldn’t finish a one handed Spencer. Spencer’s a better fighter. Kos’s button pushing wasn’t entertaining at all and did make him look like a douche this time. I wish someone would have clocked that “drunk” thai fighter, he looked like a tubby slob. And GSP’s other French or Canadian trainer needs to cut the rest of his pieces of hair off, he looks retarded.[/quote]

GSP’s ‘other French or Canadian’ trainer with the toupe is actually a super genius.

Its John Danahar

he is from New Zealand
and is one of the teachers at Renzo Gracie Academy
truth be told he might need a hair cut but he is a regular guy
and prob one of the finest BJJ
coaches in the US some say the very best.

I make television for a living- and aside from a very superficial look at the odd fight
really I cant watch TUF-

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

GSP’s ‘other French or Canadian’ trainer with the toupe is actually a super genius.

Its John Danahar

he is from New Zealand
and is one of the teachers at Renzo Gracie Academy
truth be told he might need a hair cut but he is a regular guy
and prob one of the finest BJJ
coaches in the US some say the very best.

I make television for a living- and aside from a very superficial look at the odd fight
really I cant watch TUF- [/quote]

I believe that. I respect GSP and his boys, but don’t like em. And they’re ugly, and not American.