T Nation

TUF 8

Well another season of the ultimate fighter is upon us, filled with the usuall cocky fighters, overweight ones who can not make weight, just plain weird fighters, and fighters who can not really to.

Manitoba boy Kryzsto Sozynyskie or however you spell it looked very impressive and ready to go. Maybe we will finally get a Canadian TUF champion.

Anyone here trying out for season 9? Welterweights and Middleweights, British and U.S fighters

I know who the finalists are…

I was amazed with Clay Guida’s brother. That guy is a complete ass hat. If I was Clay I’d kick his fucking ass and never talk to him again for making me look bad like that.

Then Rashad’s brother gave up after the first round due to a bum rib. Hopefully, he’ll be alright but I doubt we’ll see him in the UFC anytime soon.

Best part of the 1st episode was when that blond guy beat the crap out of the trash talking Machete. “Put me back in the D.C. times with Napoleon and Hitler I’d be a Warlord pillaging straight up criminal dog”. Guy was so stupid he didn’t know it was B.C. and couldn’t fight. Way to give up after the first round though so Dana will never make the mistake of giving you a chance again.

Also, I thought it was kind of funny how Nog and Mir both said they hated stomps and agreed not to use them in their fight.

Straight criminal, dog.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Straight criminal, dog.[/quote]

Heh, I actually trained with that guy for a couple months while he was here in Hawaii last year. I didn’t even realize it was him when I watched the episode because he goes by Freddy, and the entire time he was here he was fairly soft spoken - nothing like the character that came across on TV. After I found out he was on and I re-watched the episode, I was like “WTF are you doing?” and then he quit.

i watched it and one guy i like said when he goes into the cage and hears the gate closed he prays to god to forgive for what
he is about to do. best line i’ve heard on the show in a while

Junie Browning looked pretty good imo.
At the very least I was heartened to see that the potentials generally had winning records and nobody straight gassed like in the TUF7 prelims.

Junie is the fucking man. While I’m no longer training in BJJ, he and I trained (and he still trains) at the same gym in Lexington, Kentucky. I was 17 when he first came in, and had been doing BJJ heavily for about a year prior, so I had seen a bunch of guys come in wanting to do “Ultimate Fighting.”

Allen said the same thing, and I kinda shrugged it off, because how many of those guys ever actually get anywhere? He has put a tremendous amount of work into his career, and I really look forward to being able to point at the TV screen at UFC 90 or 91 and say “That guy? I totally used to tap him out. Like, all the time.”

WAR JUNIE!

shane primm and mcglau. ftw reppin gracie tampa what what!!!

I recently started training at Amal’s and freaked the fuck out the fight with Eliot should not have even gone to a third round the other guy got worked on the ground and Eliot still beat him standing up. God at least he got in.

Wow, that Shane Primm fight shocked me. Watching the prelims I thought Shane was going to win the whole thing. Very surprising.

[quote]Sneaky weasel wrote:
Junie is the fucking man. While I’m no longer training in BJJ, he and I trained (and he still trains) at the same gym in Lexington, Kentucky.

I was 17 when he first came in, and had been doing BJJ heavily for about a year prior, so I had seen a bunch of guys come in wanting to do “Ultimate Fighting.”

Allen said the same thing, and I kinda shrugged it off, because how many of those guys ever actually get anywhere? He has put a tremendous amount of work into his career, and I really look forward to being able to point at the TV screen at UFC 90 or 91 and say “That guy? I totally used to tap him out. Like, all the time.”

WAR JUNIE![/quote]

I had my very first BJJ lesson alongside Roli Delgado down in Little Rock way back in the day.

WAR ROLI!

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
I had my very first BJJ lesson alongside Roli Delgado down in Little Rock way back in the day.

WAR ROLI!
[/quote]

Isn’t he the guy that they go after next week for not having a legit black belt? Funny thing is everything I’ve heard says he’s legit so I wonder what the deal is. Didn’t he win NAGA or some other prestigious tournament? So even if he was a white belt he’s still got talent/skill.

Best thing I’ve ever heard was somebody claim they have a red belt in Muay Thai. It’s straight up criminal dog!!!

And seriously, how the heck is Junie not off the show yet? If Dana wants to be like every other sports exec and have a sliding scale of acceptable behavior based on talent-level, that’s fine, but at least be honest about it.

Dont kick Jesse Taylor out for being an ass in public and then making STUPID STUPID comments about rampage but hten watch Junie leap over a cage and do nothing more than lean over to the guy next to you and say “it’s a good thing the athletic director (or whatever) isnt here”

Yeah, Roli won the expert division at NAGA last year (among other tournaments), and coaches one of the most successful BJJ comp teams in the country. He got his black belt from Gracie Barra BB Diojone Frantas in Brazil a couple years ago, here’s the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3817591929122517184&ei=fW7xSOCSA4uE-wH-qJTeDg&q=rolando+delgado

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8972182587251883939&hl=en

that little punk with the bleached hair and a tattoo on each delt is a prick ,i hope dana dont kick him off and he gets beat by an underdog just for being such a knob.

[quote]Sneaky weasel wrote:
Junie is the fucking man. While I’m no longer training in BJJ, he and I trained (and he still trains) at the same gym in Lexington, Kentucky. I was 17 when he first came in, and had been doing BJJ heavily for about a year prior, so I had seen a bunch of guys come in wanting to do “Ultimate Fighting.”

WAR JUNIE![/quote]

Junie needs his shit pushed in. He makes all of us in Kentucky look like a bunch of inbred hicks, with the classic ‘my family beats me, my dad is an alcoholic, everyone is against me, and I have no concept of personal responsibility’ story. I sincerely hope he is the only person like that in your gym.

I’m only sure of three things this season.

1 - Al “Stanky” Stankiewicz is freaking awesome.

2 - Report are claiming that Dana has said he found “the next Anderson Silva” in the lightweight division this season, and I’m hoping against hope that it isn’t Junie “The Lunatik” Browning.
http://www.myspace.com/allen_browning Like KBC said, Junie getting a pass for his shenanigans undermines everything they put Jesse Taylor through last season.

3 - Krzyzstof seems to have Forrest Griffin-level charisma outside the ring and I hope he goes far. Polish power!

[quote]2 - Report are claiming that Dana has said he found “the next Anderson Silva” in the lightweight division this season, and I’m hoping against hope that it isn’t Junie “The Lunatik” Browning.
http://www.myspace.com/allen_browning Like KBC said, Junie getting a pass for his shenanigans undermines everything they put Jesse Taylor through last season.[/quote]

According to an interview with Dana, it’s not Junie. Personally, I think it’s Nover:

Lots of cool little tidbits came out of this audio interview with Dana White, especially this one. Lots of people assumed after seeing the opening rounds that Junie was labeled as the LW Anderson Silva after his dominating first victory. However, that is not the case according to Dana White, and he is saying he was referring to a different, more talented fighter.

Also…

• There have been no thought put towards what they are going to do with UFC 100

• Rachelle Leah is amazing in Playboy, and is one of the only cover girls whose pictures weren’t airbrushed.

• Womens MMA will never come to the UFC. Says he feels bad for Gina Carano.

• Says he can’t say definitively what happened with Shamrock and the cut, but he can say he has NEVER had an even remotely shady dealing with Ken. Has nothing bad to say about him, but thinks he should never fight again. On the other hand, he thinks Frank is a douchebag.

• Officially says GSP/Penn will be superbowl Sunday.

• Anderson Silva will have an All Access show hosted by Rachelle Leah.

• Defends decision of putting alcohol into TUF house by saying that if these guys are maniacs and alcoholics, he wants to know that before he signs them to UFC contracts.

This latest season is just good TV, I don’t usually watch shows let alone reality but this shit has me hooked.

Bader looks really impressive and so does the guy with the Polish name (Krysztof or some such) My favourite quote was his deadpan “You are the biggest bitch of them all.”