TUF 10 8 Minute Preview

this will be the best season ever. i am not interested if kimbo has a target on his back. in my mind he is no real mma fighter.

maybe he will do great. i would be happy with that. if he does i am shure he earns a spot at an UFN.

i doubt kimbo wins his first fight… seriously :confused:

sucks, i liek the guy, but hes mostly hype in mma.

i dont usually watch tuf… will probably watch a bit of this one though.

peace

Did anyone else see the look in Rampage’s eyes after Rashad told him he quit against Shogun?

I don’t know it it was editing or not but that stirred up an interesting response from him.

This TUF season has a lot of nobodies. How many former NFL guys? 4 or 5? As long as he doesn’t end up against Nelson in the first round I don’t see how he can’t get through a couple fights. Kimbo losing the first round would be bad for ratings. My guess is that he goes up against one of the former NFL guys and it’s a slugfest. Rampage seems to like him…then again Rampage is good for the dramatic.

[quote]BantamRunner wrote:
This TUF season has a lot of nobodies. How many former NFL guys? 4 or 5? As long as he doesn’t end up against Nelson in the first round I don’t see how he can’t get through a couple fights. [/quote]

Umm…since when has TUF had a lot of “somebodies?”…outside “The Comeback” season? I think Nelson is among the top of the food chain…BUT there are some guys that are more than capable of ending Kimbo in the first round.

I think Kimbo is decent comparing to this group of 16. I would rate him at least a middle tier within this group. And to be honest, I’m really not impressed with Roy Nelson. Seriously, and this isn’t insult, that gut of his really gotta go. It slows him down and IMO makes the sport look bad.

I really think it’s unfair that Zuffa is not paying Kimbo more than others since they are riding on his fame. I’m not sure if I’m mistaken, but I think I read somewhere there will be no eliminations this season. Win or loose, everybody stays in the house. Is this true?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
BantamRunner wrote:
This TUF season has a lot of nobodies. How many former NFL guys? 4 or 5? As long as he doesn’t end up against Nelson in the first round I don’t see how he can’t get through a couple fights.

Umm…since when has TUF had a lot of “somebodies?”…outside “The Comeback” season? I think Nelson is among the top of the food chain…BUT there are some guys that are more than capable of ending Kimbo in the first round.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t understand that post at all.

The thing is, unless you have inside info on a lot of these guys you have no real idea how hard they were training coming into this and what their octagon presence is. It’s not much of a stretch that here are several guys there with more training and more MMA fights under their belts than Kimbo. Not to mention Kimbo’s MMA fights were basically hand picked for him.

That’s what makes the TUF fun to watch. Even in the comeback season, you really didn’t know who has it in them, and who really wants it.

[quote]oriensus wrote:

I really think it’s unfair that Zuffa is not paying Kimbo more than others since they are riding on his fame. I’m not sure if I’m mistaken, but I think I read somewhere there will be no eliminations this season. Win or loose, everybody stays in the house. Is this true? [/quote]

How are they riding on his fame? What is he famous for? Internet street fights and getting knocked out by Seth Petruzelli while the owner’s son got his panties in an absolutely epic bunch in the front row.

Seriously. In the world of MMA, he’s nothing.

I view him as just another fighter on the show. Doesn’t motivate me either way in terms of watching this season.

[quote]BantamRunner wrote:
This TUF season has a lot of nobodies. How many former NFL guys? 4 or 5? As long as he doesn’t end up against Nelson in the first round I don’t see how he can’t get through a couple fights. Kimbo losing the first round would be bad for ratings. My guess is that he goes up against one of the former NFL guys and it’s a slugfest. Rampage seems to like him…then again Rampage is good for the dramatic. [/quote]

Ummm, no. One of my teammates has fought two guys on the show and they are both badass. Darril Schoonover is 10 and 0 finishing all of his fights with submissions or knockouts, Justin Wren is 6 and 1 and is a Greco Roman champion. Those are the only two guys I know on the show just because they are from Texas, and I am sure that there are other guys on there who can match up with them and are just as good as they are.

[quote]titopuente wrote:
BantamRunner wrote:
This TUF season has a lot of nobodies. How many former NFL guys? 4 or 5? As long as he doesn’t end up against Nelson in the first round I don’t see how he can’t get through a couple fights. Kimbo losing the first round would be bad for ratings. My guess is that he goes up against one of the former NFL guys and it’s a slugfest. Rampage seems to like him…then again Rampage is good for the dramatic.

Ummm, no. One of my teammates has fought two guys on the show and they are both badass. Darril Schoonover is 10 and 0 finishing all of his fights with submissions or knockouts, Justin Wren is 6 and 1 and is a Greco Roman champion. Those are the only two guys I know on the show just because they are from Texas, and I am sure that there are other guys on there who can match up with them and are just as good as they are.[/quote]

No doubt…too bad Rex Richards got hurt before the tryouts.

edit I might have to correct myself as I think Richards was selected for the cast but was injured before they started filming.

Good preview. Look forward to watching an all-heavyweights show. Marcus Jones is HUGE!! Roy Nelson a little full of himself there when he thought he was the main attraction, not Kimbo. Kimbo’s upper body is really impressive, let’s see what he can do. I think Rampage/Rashad arguing may be better than some of the fights.

I think that Kimbo will get a contract with the UFC regardless of how he does. I’m sure they are going to give him strikers to fight on the show.

I see a Kimbo vs Chuck in a big New Years Eve fight or something like that to bring in the PPV buys.

What I don’t understand is why Roy Nelson decided to do the show, he should be able to get a contract if not with the UFC atleast with strikeforce considering the lack of fighters they have at heavy weight.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
oriensus wrote:

I really think it’s unfair that Zuffa is not paying Kimbo more than others since they are riding on his fame. I’m not sure if I’m mistaken, but I think I read somewhere there will be no eliminations this season. Win or loose, everybody stays in the house. Is this true?

How are they riding on his fame? What is he famous for? Internet street fights and getting knocked out by Seth Petruzelli while the owner’s son got his panties in an absolutely epic bunch in the front row.

Seriously. In the world of MMA, he’s nothing.

I view him as just another fighter on the show. Doesn’t motivate me either way in terms of watching this season.
[/quote]

Ok, I get that you don’t like Kimbo but we’re not talking about what you like or dislike. C’mon guy, we all know he has achieved certain level of fame. A level of fame that many MMA guys who hasn’t achieved even though they’re much, much better than Kimbo. The point here is not whether he is somebody in MMA, we know he’s practically nobody in terms of pure MMA status.

I and my girlfriend will be watching TUF 10 because of him. Many others are tuning in simply because of him. People like him will tune in wanting him to do good and people who don’t like him will tune in and wishing he’ll get slaughtered. There’s no denying TUF 10 ratings WILL go up because of Kimbo.

[quote]oriensus wrote:

Ok, I get that you don’t like Kimbo but we’re not talking about what you like or dislike. C’mon guy, we all know he has achieved certain level of fame. A level of fame that many MMA guys who hasn’t achieved even though they’re much, much better than Kimbo. The point here is not whether he is somebody in MMA, we know he’s practically nobody in terms of pure MMA status.

I and my girlfriend will be watching TUF 10 because of him. Many others are tuning in simply because of him. People like him will tune in wanting him to do good and people who don’t like him will tune in and wishing he’ll get slaughtered. There’s no denying TUF 10 ratings WILL go up because of Kimbo.
[/quote]

I actually do like him. I think he’s a very intriguing person. He is also a very good self-promoter.

My response was more aimed at your discussion of him getting paid more money.

They all come in on equal footing. That’s the whole premise of the show and why they eliminated the team competitions and replaced them with fight-offs.

It is completely against the spirit of the show to pay him more. I actually found it against the spirit of the show to introduce Kimbo seperately. I was irritated by that.

Someone else posted about Kimbo getting a contract either way. I wish I didn’t think this was the case. Look at what happened with Punie Browning.

Kimbo is related to Rhadi Ferguson, former olympic judo player and very good submission grappler. It would be cool if Rhadi came by to train w/ them but probably unlikely. Roy Nelson is going walk through everyone on the show, so kind of a meh season.

Holy shit, Marcus jones is huge!!! 6’ 6" at 265!! and I’m sure that’s just his weigh in weight.

I watched the clip again, and noticed that Greg Jackson (Rashad’s trainer)is one of the coaches for TUF. Jackson is the man, I think this will fair well for Team Rashad, as long as the guys listen to the coaches and improve.

Question: Is Roy Nelson that good? I’ve never seen his fights, but he was the IFL champ right?

with regards to Kimbo’s fame. I don’t think his fanbase of youtube watchers would make much of an addition to the UFC’s current fanbase. He’s an entertainer for sure, but not supabeast status. At least not that I’ve seen.

Roy’s pretty good and is a Renzo Gracie black belt, if you rewatch the Arlovski fight he was working on a Kimura, but the ref stood them back up. There is a new preview on the UFC site and Rampage is pissed and literally tearing a door to shreds thes tension between sugar nips and quinton is going to make this show.

[quote]drewh wrote:
There is a new preview on the UFC site and Rampage is pissed and literally tearing a door to shreds thes tension between sugar nips and quinton is going to make this show.[/quote]

Holy shit was that awesome. Totally pumped me up.

Reminded me of the last year of college living in the Rugby House. We were in a house that the city had decided (largely thanks to us) was no longer zoned for multi family housing and was to be demo’d.

The last week in that house we did some insane shit. Not to mention what we did to houses/bars when we traveled to other schools for matches. I have always like Rampage but watching him demolish that door made me like him even more.

Can’t explain it but that was cool.