T Nation

Trying to Stay Motivated

What keeps you guys motivated?

Having people actually know I lift, even in street clothes and keeping my family safe are my main motivation. People only see you with your shirt off 3 months a year. Also that hot chick in the mini skirt at work. What motivates you?

1. anger
  2. the opposite sex
  3. health

those work well for me for the past 7 years

Motivations, in no order:

• look the part

• get the respect

• get the girls

• health, but I see cardio more as health

in random order:
-before and after pictures
-seeing others succeed
-the opposite sex
-watching action movies

1. Impress Others / (Mainly Chicks)
  2. Defend my girlfriend
  3. Have a reputation of a bad ass.

[quote]jonesn972 wrote:
What keeps you guys motivated?

Having people actually know I lift, even in street clothes and keeping my family safe are my main motivation. People only see you with your shirt off 3 months a year. Also that hot chick in the mini skirt at work. What motivates you?[/quote]

Lifting makes me feel great. What I need motivation for is dieting!

To me, seeing that my limitations will move is a huge motivator.

Self improvement
Girls
Proving everyone wrong
confidence

no particular order

my manliness

Another thing that motivates me is that guy at the gym. He lifts more than I do but Im trying to catch him. He doesn’t even know its a competition, and he’s not always the same person. I just pick him out, and make sure Im working harder than he is.

Seeing those little pussy-ass “men” with arms like toothpicks who consider themselves superior. Those little worms make me puke. I started to build in order to get a back like an aircraftcarrier and arms like timber, so that where-ever I go
those little whiners see me and fear me.

Swedish girls play a part as well ( I don’t need to tell you that they are first-class :slight_smile: )

And if you don’t feel like working out or you have a bad day; listen to some heavy/trash metal like Pantera or Nuclear Assualt. That usually gets me pretty agressive right away!

Here a little list of my motivational reasons

my job
my sport
decreasing stress
get bigger and stronger for my sport
fun

• To become the person I want to be
  • To prove everyone else wrong
  • To smite my enemies and crush those who oppose me
  • To look the part of frontman vocalist for my grunge-metal band
  • To look good nekkid

Pretty much in that order. I suppose the before/after pics help keep the motivation going, but the true motivation, for me, comes from within.