Trying to Start, Looking to Get Stronger

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:
I should have listed the AI as optional as well because some guys can get away with it but definitely something that is better to have and not need than need and not have.

I am a little confused with ur cycle. I understand the weeks and stuff. But do I have to buy all those? Is there a cycle where I could use just one kind of gear?[/quote]

test only,

heres my cycle for test only,you need to learn about the esters and half lives and all that though to make an informed choice.

but mine is
wks 1-6 test prop 75mg ED (75 mgs shot every day to come out to 525mgs a week)
wk 1-8 adex 1mg ed ( this is alot but I am very estrogen sensitive and its wha tworks for me to contain the bloating and such)

nolva 20mg ed when needed for nipple itching saved for pct of 4 weeks 20mg a day

my advice for you though is look into it for a while longer.

I dont think your ready either. tighten up your training and diet a little bit.
ya you may have kind of been stuck on your strength but you are still pretty strong,keep up the good work and youll be ready when you are ready.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Whoa! wrote:
Big3, having looked at some of your other posts, I’d have to say you’re not ready for gear man. Don’t take that the wrong way; many of us have been in the same boat as you are right now, and experience says you’ll be happier if you wait a few years. Trust me you’ll thank me.

P.S. How strong are you right now? List off a few recent PRs, and if possible, how much your numbers have changed in the last year.

355 bench, 505 squat, 475 deadlift. Ive been hardly going up on bench, since I was 17 ive been floating around 335-355. I get normal gains in squat and dead. [/quote]

Those are some decent numbers for your age, especially if they’re raw. The DL could use some work though. Hate to say it, but your bench may not get whole lot better unless you gain bodyweight. Again, if it’s raw. Equipped is a little different.

Keep hammering away at it. The squat and dead will come along, and who knows, if you stay injury free you could find your bench knocking on the door to 400. I just don’t see steroids as being worth it to you right now though.

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
TheBig3 wrote:
Whoa! wrote:
Big3, having looked at some of your other posts, I’d have to say you’re not ready for gear man. Don’t take that the wrong way; many of us have been in the same boat as you are right now, and experience says you’ll be happier if you wait a few years. Trust me you’ll thank me.

P.S. How strong are you right now? List off a few recent PRs, and if possible, how much your numbers have changed in the last year.

355 bench, 505 squat, 475 deadlift. Ive been hardly going up on bench, since I was 17 ive been floating around 335-355. I get normal gains in squat and dead.

Those are some decent numbers for your age, especially if they’re raw. The DL could use some work though. Hate to say it, but your bench may not get whole lot better unless you gain bodyweight. Again, if it’s raw. Equipped is a little different.

Keep hammering away at it. The squat and dead will come along, and who knows, if you stay injury free you could find your bench knocking on the door to 400. I just don’t see steroids as being worth it to you right now though.[/quote]

My goal is to to be one of the top jr lifters in the world, and with these numbers and the way I progress it isnt gonna happen. Its a crazy dream, but atleast it makes my workouts that more intense.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
My goal is to to be one of the top jr lifters in the world, and with these numbers and the way I progress it isnt gonna happen. Its a crazy dream, but atleast it makes my workouts that more intense. [/quote]

Not crazy at all. You’ve got five years until you’re not a junior anymore. What’s your best total in a three lift meet so far?

You have been lifting for 2 years, in your teens or low 20’s and have no fucking clue ago steroids other then probably what you have heard on t.v. Wait another 2 years before you even think about them, you are young and can make gains right now, steroids are not magic and wont make you a top jr lifter.

There is a fucking 17 year old on this very site with one more year of lifting then you and can squat 700 and dead 700 and almost bench 500 he has not done steroids either. You can achieve similar goals, you don’t need them right now just think about it more. You seem to be thinking ‘omg I need these drugs to be awesome’ and this is not the case. Its a waste of gear to use when your young.

Its your choice though, just don’t jump right into something as serious as steroids, especially when you haven’t even researched ANYTHING.

[quote]shizen wrote:
You have been lifting for 2 years, in your teens or low 20’s and have no fucking clue ago steroids other then probably what you have heard on t.v. Wait another 2 years before you even think about them, you are young and can make gains right now, steroids are not magic and wont make you a top jr lifter.

There is a fucking 17 year old on this very site with one more year of lifting then you and can squat 700 and dead 700 and almost bench 500 he has not done steroids either. You can achieve similar goals, you don’t need them right now just think about it more. You seem to be thinking ‘omg I need these drugs to be awesome’ and this is not the case. Its a waste of gear to use when your young.

Its your choice though, just don’t jump right into something as serious as steroids, especially when you haven’t even researched ANYTHING.

[/quote]

Sweet.

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
TheBig3 wrote:
My goal is to to be one of the top jr lifters in the world, and with these numbers and the way I progress it isnt gonna happen. Its a crazy dream, but atleast it makes my workouts that more intense.

Not crazy at all. You’ve got five years until you’re not a junior anymore. What’s your best total in a three lift meet so far?[/quote]

Im not gonna lie man, havent competed yet. My first one is in september. Gonna look for a 1305 total, thanks for the support.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Im not gonna lie man, havent competed yet. My first one is in september. Gonna look for a 1305 total, thanks for the support.[/quote]

That’s cool. 1305 sounds reasonable, and I hope you get it. Just make sure you nail your opening squat, that’s the most important lift of the meet. If you miss it, you’re playing catch-up. It’s like an uphill battle, so nail it!

Also, if your second attempts on squat and/or bench have you feeling that you haven’t left a whole lot on the platform, pass on the third(s). Many might disagree with me on this, but the reason I say this is because it’s your first meet, so it’s not like there’s a whole lot on the line. You’re just establishing a total so that you can beat it next time. It’s better to save that energy for the deadlift. Almost everyone I know has pulled their best DL in competition, and if you pull a really big one it’ll leave you hungry for more.

I’m rambling now. I’ll just make a few points that I think you should heed.

-Don’t take steroids right now. Instead use the money to find the right supportive equipment for you. This can make or break the budding PLer.
-Compete as often as your body and life will allow you to. At least every six months. This will give you the experience you need and the drive to do better at each meet.
-Start getting PLUSA magazine if you don’t already, and keep your eye on the top 100 in the back. Once you make the top 100, strive to make the top 50, the top 20, and so on. I know someone who told me to do this on several occasions years ago, his name is Greg Panora. He’s done alright in the sport since then.
-GET AROUND THE RIGHT PEOPLE! I saved this for last because it’s the most important. You need to be around smart guys. The way you approached the whole steroid thing when you came into this thread leads me to believe that you’re kind of the bullheaded type, which can serve a powerlifter well, but you need a yin to your yang, so to speak.

Find the guys that are using the latest training, techniques, and equipment to put up great numbers. They’ll be able to show you what you’re doing wrong and how to correct it before it gets worse. They’ll tell you when to say when, and when to lay it all on the line. And yes, they’ll be able to make a much better call as to when YOU are ready to take the plunge to the dark side, if ever, than we on the internet can.

There are lots of PLers in Pennsylvania. Pick a group and train with them; if it’s not helping you, pick a different group.

Best of luck man.

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
TheBig3 wrote:
Im not gonna lie man, havent competed yet. My first one is in september. Gonna look for a 1305 total, thanks for the support.

That’s cool. 1305 sounds reasonable, and I hope you get it. Just make sure you nail your opening squat, that’s the most important lift of the meet. If you miss it, you’re playing catch-up. It’s like an uphill battle, so nail it!

Also, if your second attempts on squat and/or bench have you feeling that you haven’t left a whole lot on the platform, pass on the third(s). Many might disagree with me on this, but the reason I say this is because it’s your first meet, so it’s not like there’s a whole lot on the line. You’re just establishing a total so that you can beat it next time. It’s better to save that energy for the deadlift. Almost everyone I know has pulled their best DL in competition, and if you pull a really big one it’ll leave you hungry for more.

I’m rambling now. I’ll just make a few points that I think you should heed.

-Don’t take steroids right now. Instead use the money to find the right supportive equipment for you. This can make or break the budding PLer.
-Compete as often as your body and life will allow you to. At least every six months. This will give you the experience you need and the drive to do better at each meet.
-Start getting PLUSA magazine if you don’t already, and keep your eye on the top 100 in the back. Once you make the top 100, strive to make the top 50, the top 20, and so on. I know someone who told me to do this on several occasions years ago, his name is Greg Panora. He’s done alright in the sport since then.
-GET AROUND THE RIGHT PEOPLE! I saved this for last because it’s the most important. You need to be around smart guys. The way you approached the whole steroid thing when you came into this thread leads me to believe that you’re kind of the bullheaded type, which can serve a powerlifter well, but you need a yin to your yang, so to speak.

Find the guys that are using the latest training, techniques, and equipment to put up great numbers. They’ll be able to show you what you’re doing wrong and how to correct it before it gets worse. They’ll tell you when to say when, and when to lay it all on the line. And yes, they’ll be able to make a much better call as to when YOU are ready to take the plunge to the dark side, if ever, than we on the internet can.

There are lots of PLers in Pennsylvania. Pick a group and train with them; if it’s not helping you, pick a different group.

Best of luck man.[/quote]

Ok, thanks alot man.