T Nation

Trying to Start, Looking to Get Stronger

Im 6’2. 225 pounds looking to get stronger. But noone I know takes steroids and Im afraid to ask around at my gym. Can anyone tell me what to take and the cycling I should do. If this sounds a little vague im sorry, but I have very little knowledge of roids.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Im 6’2. 225 pounds looking to get stronger. But noone I know takes steroids and Im afraid to ask around at my gym. Can anyone tell me what to take and the cycling I should do. If this sounds a little vague im sorry, but I have very little knowledge of roids.[/quote]

Hey TheBig3,

many here can offer you great assistance however you must do your share first. That is you must do your homework and read the “stickys” and do a fair share of research so you have a decent understanding of the subject matter at hand.

The stickys are the first 6 topics that always appear first when you load the steroids forum topics. They outline a great beginner cycle, who should cycle, who shouldn’t, all ramifications that you must know about. Time to do your homework!!

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
TheBig3 wrote:
Im 6’2. 225 pounds looking to get stronger. But noone I know takes steroids and Im afraid to ask around at my gym. Can anyone tell me what to take and the cycling I should do. If this sounds a little vague im sorry, but I have very little knowledge of roids.

Hey TheBig3,

many here can offer you great assistance however you must do your share first. That is you must do your homework and read the “stickys” and do a fair share of research so you have a decent understanding of the subject matter at hand.

The stickys are the first 6 topics that always appear first when you load the steroids forum topics. They outline a great beginner cycle, who should cycle, who shouldn’t, all ramifications that you must know about. Time to do your homework!!

[/quote]

lol, ill start that right now.

Yeah, there’s plenty of info. Let us know when you think you have a ‘proposed cycle’. We’ll be glad to assist.

Actually another thread had a cycle.

PART I - YOUR FIRST CYCLE

This is an ideal first cycle for everyone:

(NOTE - W X-Y means start of week X to end of week Y)

W 1-10 Test Enth 250mg E3D
W 1-4 Dbol 10mg 3x/d
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)
optional
W 6-12 Proviron 25mg 2x/d
W 1-12 Nolva 20mg/d if gyno symptoms start to show

Save the Deca, Tren, Masteron, EQ, Winny, HGH, IGF-1, etc, etc that you have heard about to get more out of future cycles…chances are this isn’t going to be the only cycle you run so add them into future cycles one at a time so you know what works best for you and you continue to see big gains in future cycles. They don’t really work better than test, they just work different…I will go over them in the later sections so just forget about them until you understand this one.

Post Cycle Therapy starts week 13

PCT Option 1 (SERM PCT)
W 13 Nolva 20mg 2x/d or Clomid 50mg 2x/d
W 14-16 Nolva 20mg/d or Clomid 25mg/d

PCT Option 2 (Test Taper)
W 10-14 Test Enth 40mg E3D
W 15-16 Test Enth 30mg E3D
W 17-18 Test Enth 20mg E3D
W 19-20 Test Enth 10mg E3D

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Actually another thread had a cycle.

PART I - YOUR FIRST CYCLE

This is an ideal first cycle for everyone:

(NOTE - W X-Y means start of week X to end of week Y)

W 1-10 Test Enth 250mg E3D
W 1-4 Dbol 10mg 3x/d
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)
optional
W 6-12 Proviron 25mg 2x/d
W 1-12 Nolva 20mg/d if gyno symptoms start to show

Save the Deca, Tren, Masteron, EQ, Winny, HGH, IGF-1, etc, etc that you have heard about to get more out of future cycles…chances are this isn’t going to be the only cycle you run so add them into future cycles one at a time so you know what works best for you and you continue to see big gains in future cycles. They don’t really work better than test, they just work different…I will go over them in the later sections so just forget about them until you understand this one.

Post Cycle Therapy starts week 13

PCT Option 1 (SERM PCT)
W 13 Nolva 20mg 2x/d or Clomid 50mg 2x/d
W 14-16 Nolva 20mg/d or Clomid 25mg/d

PCT Option 2 (Test Taper)
W 10-14 Test Enth 40mg E3D
W 15-16 Test Enth 30mg E3D
W 17-18 Test Enth 20mg E3D
W 19-20 Test Enth 10mg E3D
[/quote]

Yes, that is highly recommended. Now all you have to do is figure out:

• if you fall into any of the categories that are not recommended to use gear
  • If you want to follow the proposed cycle as is or strip it down to test & AI only and then PCT.
  • Locate a source or several sources to obtain what you need. Hopefully at reasonable prices and not underdosed.
  • Try to minimize risk of getting busted by authorities
  • Learn about injecting and how to calculate dosages
  • Learn about how to store your gear
  • Make sure you have nutrition & training nailed down
  • Make sure you don’t get ripped off or buy bunk gear
  • Ensure you have the necessary $$$
  • etc., etc…

Good luck!!

I should have listed the AI as optional as well because some guys can get away with it but definitely something that is better to have and not need than need and not have.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
I should have listed the AI as optional as well because some guys can get away with it but definitely something that is better to have and not need than need and not have.[/quote]

Would you recommend that I start that cycle with or without Adex. Keep in mind that I plan to start Proviron from day 1 to keep my already high SHBG in check. For more details see my thread:

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
I should have listed the AI as optional as well because some guys can get away with it but definitely something that is better to have and not need than need and not have.[/quote]

I am a little confused with ur cycle. I understand the weeks and stuff. But do I have to buy all those? Is there a cycle where I could use just one kind of gear?

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:
I should have listed the AI as optional as well because some guys can get away with it but definitely something that is better to have and not need than need and not have.

I am a little confused with ur cycle. I understand the weeks and stuff. But do I have to buy all those? Is there a cycle where I could use just one kind of gear?[/quote]

That’s where taking in knowledge on your side is so important. I recommend you check out “The Over 35 Lifter” forum and read the sticky at the top of the page (on Estrogen).

There are some basic facts about hormonal balancing that you must be knowledgeable about to prevent things from going very wrong.

Even after just reading all the stickys on this forum, you should be able to answer your own question.

BTW, I have only a little experience in this area, but I have done a fair share of knowledge seeking.

Hell, check out my thread. I am doing the same cycle with tweaks to customize it for my needs and physiology. Some with a lot more experience than me have offered advice since they see that I am making a genuine effort to learn and do things properly.

TB3, There is always Test only as a solid first cycle. You are a big guy so using Test Enanthate at 600-800mg per week would be a great first cycle. Regardless of what you hear buy some Adex, because if you need it and don’t have it, you’ll be needing a bra. You can do a 10-12 week cycle and be fine.

Weeks 1 -10
Test E 300mg Mondays & Thursdays
Adex (I used once a week and suffered little bloat and no gyno…
Week 11 start taper - (See Test Taper Protocol Sticky)

This grossed me 25 lbs, which netted out to be around 14 of solid mass.

Standard 5 X 5 training
Taking in 7500 calories a day with approx 1000 carbs and 400g protein.

I am 6’4" and a fairly lean 224ish now.

Started at 213 (skinny Fat) shot up to 238 (lots of water) Leaned out to 224ish. Cut carbs to under 100 per day.

Slightly over-simplified…but it worked!

Piece of cake…

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:

I am a little confused with ur cycle. I understand the weeks and stuff. But do I have to buy all those? Is there a cycle where I could use just one kind of gear?[/quote]

Steroids cause side effects. In order to use steroids and have little to no side effects you need to take other drugs to combat them.

This is the reason there seem to be a lot of drugs in this cycle. This IS a uni-steroid cycle! The other drugs are there to combat sides.
Those who do a steroid, any steroid, and don’t have the relevant drugs on side AT LEAST to combat the sides that are likely to show - are those who get the worst results to side effect ratio… they are those that you hear about with the horror stories.

JJ

Its not as complex as it it sounds and you follow the steps in this thread and you will get remarkable results.

Hmm, this is very complicated stuff. I thought it was putting a needle in your butt every day for a few weeks. Im gonna have to find someone I can actually talk to in person, I think its pretty risky taking dosages off the internet.

Who are you going to talk to in person? A doctor won’t exactly tell you how to take drugs lol. Anyone at your gym is going to have the same or likely less knowledge than the guys here.

I think you should spend some more time researching of whether or not this is really something you want to get into.

Yes, it is rather complicated stuff. However, personally I think you should read all the stickies and keep talking to the people on this board, as most AAS users I’ve known in person are excruciatingly under-educated. So much so that I wonder how they haven’t suffered crazy side effects.

The guys here are by far some of the best educated and most knowledgeable, ESPECIALLY when it comes to doses.

Also, you’re going to find wide variation on dosing because people respond to different things or are at different stages in their AAS use.

500-600 mg/week of Test is pretty much standard as a starting cycle. For everybody.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Who are you going to talk to in person? A doctor won’t exactly tell you how to take drugs lol. Anyone at your gym is going to have the same or likely less knowledge than the guys here.

I think you should spend some more time researching of whether or not this is really something you want to get into. [/quote]

Theres 5 or 6 guys I suspect that take them at my gym, I was just saying on my original post id rather not talk to them. Ill see what they have to say and take that into consideration. I think this would be a little more hands on. And any questions I could just ask them. I will still research this on the internet and would like more opinions in this thread.

TheBig3, what are you eating, what sort of training and for how many years? Is it just functional strength you are after, or do you have a specific sporting goal?

Seeing some serious strength gains, after a seemingly endless plateau can make one feel on top of the world. It can also be very depressing, when the cycle ends and your gains stop.

Not thread jacking ,but I’d just like to say right now:

AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS, I HATE YOU AND I CURSE YOU! May a postal shit bomb explode in your collective ugly beaurocratric faces! Come and get me, you bastards! Feel the force of an angry bitch, deprived of her gear! Don’t let my tiny hands deceive you!

Sorry, Big, but impoting gear can be the biggest pain in the ass, when it all goes bulk-belly up!

Good luck with your research and your goals.
D

Big3, having looked at some of your other posts, I’d have to say you’re not ready for gear man. Don’t take that the wrong way; many of us have been in the same boat as you are right now, and experience says you’ll be happier if you wait a few years. Trust me you’ll thank me.

P.S. How strong are you right now? List off a few recent PRs, and if possible, how much your numbers have changed in the last year.

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
Big3, having looked at some of your other posts, I’d have to say you’re not ready for gear man. Don’t take that the wrong way; many of us have been in the same boat as you are right now, and experience says you’ll be happier if you wait a few years. Trust me you’ll thank me.

P.S. How strong are you right now? List off a few recent PRs, and if possible, how much your numbers have changed in the last year.[/quote]

355 bench, 505 squat, 475 deadlift. Ive been hardly going up on bench, since I was 17 ive been floating around 335-355. I get normal gains in squat and dead.