T Nation

Trying to Start a Good Work Out Program

hey guys, i used to play volleyball until '09 since then i havent done any type of sports. Two of my friends are trying to get me to go with them to work out but then i asked them what was their work outs like and they said they only work one muscle a day. my question is if thats ok? maybe i see it kind of weird cus when i practiced vball we only worked muscles that we needed for the sport… any suggestions on what my work out should consist… im 6’3 and 175 trying to get an evenly strong body.

one muscle a day? in order to get decent progress your going to want to do more than that. you couldn’t even bench, squat or deadlift on a program like that

one muscle a day? in order to get decent progress your going to want to do more than that. you couldn’t even bench, squat or deadlift on a program like that

look at the article on 5/3/1 it’s not targeted for bodybuilders but if you want strength do it

Why go to the trouble of creating an account to ask a basic question that’s been dealt with a million times? It’d be much faster to read the stickies at the top of the forum or use the search function.

I truly don’t it. The other thing I don’t get is people here will now actually try to help you while knowing you didn’t read the stickies.

</bewildered rant>

Read the stickies.