T Nation

Trying to Qualify for IPF Worlds Dilemna


#1

Alright guys so there is a problem on my hands. I am trying to compete at IPF Classic Worlds next year in June because I think I can be very competitive in my division. The problem is I would have to win the division at Raw Nationals this October to be able to go to worlds, but I need to qualify for nationals and I have never done a USAPL meet. The qualifying total for nationals is extremely easy to get but there is no upcoming USAPL meets in my area before nationals. Should I just fly out to a USAPL meet in another state or...????


#2

If its feasible for you to go to another state and compete at a USAPL meet to qualify then I guess you don’t have any other option.


#3

Well you have a few options:

Get the USAPL to organize a meet in your area.

Bribe some USAPL officials to qualify you.

Buy a plane ticket and fly to another state to compete.

I mean there’s a difference between can’t fly to another state and don’t want to fly to another state. How important is that world comp to you?


#4

You are going to have to travel to get to Nationals and Worlds so why not for the qualifying meet as well?


#5

You have next year as well for sub-junior (you said you’re 16, right?) so either way you can train to break records then. If you want to go this year, I guess you’ll have to travel - but if not, get you head down and work hard for a year or so and you’ll do serious damage next year. Good luck, keep it up!


#6

[quote]halcj wrote:
You have next year as well for sub-junior (you said you’re 16, right?) so either way you can train to break records then. If you want to go this year, I guess you’ll have to travel - but if not, get you head down and work hard for a year or so and you’ll do serious damage next year. Good luck, keep it up![/quote]
Thats what I was thinking. But I will only be able to compete at Worlds for one year as a subjunior in 2017. Thanks bro!


#7

If the travel expense isn’t an issue then it would be worth it to go twice. Otherwise it might be a good idea to do as many meets as you can that roughly align with your training schedule to get experience. Mock meets can help as well. Good luck!


#8

[quote]andy7411 wrote:
Alright guys so there is a problem on my hands. I am trying to compete at IPF Classic Worlds next year in June because I think I can be very competitive in my division. The problem is I would have to win the division at Raw Nationals this October to be able to go to worlds, but I need to qualify for nationals and I have never done a USAPL meet. The qualifying total for nationals is extremely easy to get but there is no upcoming USAPL meets in my area before nationals. Should I just fly out to a USAPL meet in another state or…???[/quote]

yea, that’s pretty much you’re only option. Where are you? There isn’t even one driving distance from you?


#9

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]andy7411 wrote:
Alright guys so there is a problem on my hands. I am trying to compete at IPF Classic Worlds next year in June because I think I can be very competitive in my division. The problem is I would have to win the division at Raw Nationals this October to be able to go to worlds, but I need to qualify for nationals and I have never done a USAPL meet. The qualifying total for nationals is extremely easy to get but there is no upcoming USAPL meets in my area before nationals. Should I just fly out to a USAPL meet in another state or…???[/quote]

yea, that’s pretty much you’re only option. Where are you? There isn’t even one driving distance from you?[/quote]
Im in nor cal. There isn’t another one until November