T Nation

Trying to Qualify for IPF Worlds Dilemna

Alright guys so there is a problem on my hands. I am trying to compete at IPF Classic Worlds next year in June because I think I can be very competitive in my division. The problem is I would have to win the division at Raw Nationals this October to be able to go to worlds, but I need to qualify for nationals and I have never done a USAPL meet. The qualifying total for nationals is extremely easy to get but there is no upcoming USAPL meets in my area before nationals. Should I just fly out to a USAPL meet in another state or...????

If its feasible for you to go to another state and compete at a USAPL meet to qualify then I guess you don’t have any other option.

Well you have a few options:

Get the USAPL to organize a meet in your area.

Bribe some USAPL officials to qualify you.

Buy a plane ticket and fly to another state to compete.

I mean there’s a difference between can’t fly to another state and don’t want to fly to another state. How important is that world comp to you?

You are going to have to travel to get to Nationals and Worlds so why not for the qualifying meet as well?

You have next year as well for sub-junior (you said you’re 16, right?) so either way you can train to break records then. If you want to go this year, I guess you’ll have to travel - but if not, get you head down and work hard for a year or so and you’ll do serious damage next year. Good luck, keep it up!

[quote]halcj wrote:
You have next year as well for sub-junior (you said you’re 16, right?) so either way you can train to break records then. If you want to go this year, I guess you’ll have to travel - but if not, get you head down and work hard for a year or so and you’ll do serious damage next year. Good luck, keep it up![/quote]
Thats what I was thinking. But I will only be able to compete at Worlds for one year as a subjunior in 2017. Thanks bro!

If the travel expense isn’t an issue then it would be worth it to go twice. Otherwise it might be a good idea to do as many meets as you can that roughly align with your training schedule to get experience. Mock meets can help as well. Good luck!

[quote]andy7411 wrote:
Alright guys so there is a problem on my hands. I am trying to compete at IPF Classic Worlds next year in June because I think I can be very competitive in my division. The problem is I would have to win the division at Raw Nationals this October to be able to go to worlds, but I need to qualify for nationals and I have never done a USAPL meet. The qualifying total for nationals is extremely easy to get but there is no upcoming USAPL meets in my area before nationals. Should I just fly out to a USAPL meet in another state or…???[/quote]

yea, that’s pretty much you’re only option. Where are you? There isn’t even one driving distance from you?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]andy7411 wrote:
Alright guys so there is a problem on my hands. I am trying to compete at IPF Classic Worlds next year in June because I think I can be very competitive in my division. The problem is I would have to win the division at Raw Nationals this October to be able to go to worlds, but I need to qualify for nationals and I have never done a USAPL meet. The qualifying total for nationals is extremely easy to get but there is no upcoming USAPL meets in my area before nationals. Should I just fly out to a USAPL meet in another state or…???[/quote]

yea, that’s pretty much you’re only option. Where are you? There isn’t even one driving distance from you?[/quote]
Im in nor cal. There isn’t another one until November