Trying to Lean Out for the Summer

i'm 5'11" 210lbs trying to lean out for the summer and retain my muscle.(my top 4 abs. are visible when flexed) i would guess i'm about 15% bodyfat.

(i would like to be about 8% bodyfat)
i’m getting around 2450 calories per day with about 315 grams of protein.
i’m supplementing with creatine, protein shakes, and an E/C stack.

i lift on M,W,F and do cardio kickboxing on T,T.
can you please critique my plan?(diet, weights, cardio)
i would appreciate any feedback you have.

2444 total calories-
313 grams protein
185 grams carb.
52 grams fat

breakfast-
vanilla shake with ground oats-
390 total calories
49 grams protein
31 grams carb.
7 grams fat

mid-morning meal-
chicken, broccoli, 2 fish oil caps-
275 total calories
47 grams protein
10 grams carb.
7 grams fat

lunch-
tuna salad, cottage cheese, 2 fish oil caps-
508 total calories
58 grams protein
13 grams carb.
24 grams fat.

pre-workout shake-
504 total calories
54 grams protein
58 grams carb.
10 grams fat

post-workout shake-
504 total calories
54 grams protein
58 grams carb.
10 grams fat

dinner-
chicken with broccoli, 2 fish oil caps-
275 total calories
47 grams protein
10 grams carb.
7 grams fat

you need more calories at the beginning of your day. 390 starting off is not good. while you may be thinking that you want to spread your total evenly across the day, you also need to remember that its very important to get some quality nutrition in when you first wake up. this isnt so much for fat loss, but for maintaining your muscle. im going to start leaning out for the summer in probably a month or so, and just slowly strip a little fat. im not even worried about it.

i eat pretty shitty right now but i dont think ill have any problems turning it on and doing it. i think youre good with the high protein. i will be eating high protein, and complex carbs only for the most part. simple carbs after a workout only. i think ill also be doing P+F/ P+C meals. anyway, good luck with that.

Here’s a quick tip. Make your pre & post workout shakes 2-1 ratio of carbs to protein & and try adding a little creatine. This type of shake will benefit you a lot more.

Hope this helps a little.
B

Your breakfast should be the biggest meal in the day… Might want to change things around a bit. Do you follow that religiously? You don’t eat any red meat or eggs? Might want to get a variety of different proteins and not rely so much on whey. Just me 2 cents

thanks for the tips guys.
i do eat steak instead of chicken a couple times a week, and even cod sometimes. but this is pretty easy to follow so i mainly stick to it.

do you think the calories are about right? or do i need more or less?

what do you suggest for breakfast? i eat just a shake now because it’s quick and i don’t have to cook anything before i go to work.
-jrodd

anyone else?