Trying to Keep Serious

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Recent PR’s:
Squat: 365 x 5 (real squats below parallel)
Deadlifts: 375 x 8
Bench press: 245 x 8

I want low 300s bench, mid 400s deadlift, low 400s squat. I think these are good goals for a natty with average genetics like myself and for someone who has lost some time for whatever reason, as I have.
[/quote]

Looking sexy Brix, but you are weak. Adjust your strength goals to something more appropriate given your size such as 465/365/575.[/quote]

Honestly would’ve guessed his numbers were a li’l higher, but I wouldn’t call him “weak”. People train for different things, and he’s obviously strong enough to look jacked, so something’s obviously working.
[/quote]

He is weak as a kitten. Typical sign of a roid-monkey.
[/quote]

What a dumb, worthless piece of shit you are.[/quote]

Calm down. Infinite isn’t happy with most posters’ strength levels. :slight_smile:

Too bad I can’t set the IPF world on fire. :frowning:

If Brick is weak, I don’t wanna hear what Infinite thinks of me :/. Any idea of when you might start getting ready for prep, Brick? Certain time of year you’d prefer to compete?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
If Brick is weak, I don’t wanna hear what Infinite thinks of me :/. Any idea of when you might start getting ready for prep, Brick? Certain time of year you’d prefer to compete?[/quote]

He might approve of me soon. Muscle memory is working for me and I’m somewhat stronger than when I posted those numbers, but not strong enough to compete with IPF world record holders and grid iron stars benching 225 for 30 reps.

I have to plan for a wedding that we are aiming to be in the Fall. So I most likely have some time because my fiance told me if I prep during wedding planning she will go batshit crazy. Maybe I will pick a show in late 2014.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Recent PR’s:

I want low 300s bench, mid 400s deadlift, low 400s squat. I think these are good goals for a natty with average genetics like myself and for someone who has lost some time for whatever reason, as I have.
[/quote]

Looking sexy Brix, but you are weak. Adjust your strength goals to something more appropriate given your size such as 465/365/575.[/quote]

Honestly would’ve guessed his numbers were a li’l higher, but I wouldn’t call him “weak”. People train for different things, and he’s obviously strong enough to look jacked, so something’s obviously working.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your inability to spot humor is truly most distressing, but it seems quite common on this board.

ps: What I find funny though is that many people involved with BBing and posting on forums like this one seem to have a no clue on what “good” strength numbers are. And I’m far from comparing someone like Brix with IPF world record holders. That would be as retarded as comparing his size with Big Ramy’s. And I completely understand that how much you lift in the big 3 is not very important for BBing goals.

What kind of assistance work for quads?

Because I don’t have access to a hack squat or plate-loaded leg press anymore, I’ve been trying to experiment and am always looking for some ideas.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Recent PR’s:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your inability to spot humor is truly most distressing, but it seems quite common on this board.

ps: What I find funny though is that many people involved with BBing and posting on forums like this one seem to have a no clue on what “good” strength numbers are. And I’m far from comparing someone like Brix with IPF world record holders. That would be as retarded as comparing his size with Big Ramy’s. And I completely understand that how much you lift in the big 3 is not very important for BBing goals.[/quote]

It’s all good. I was hoping you could see my sarcasm.

Anyway, hair is starting to grow back in just for you BTK! How’s the ADT alarm job going?

[quote]DoingWork421 wrote:
What kind of assistance work for quads?

Because I don’t have access to a hack squat or plate-loaded leg press anymore, I’ve been trying to experiment and am always looking for some ideas. [/quote]

Lunges, stepups (not really fond of these), and front squats.

Brixxxxxxxxxx! What happened? Took up Crossfit? You better applied my training advice or I will troll you!

Update, bitch!

Oh god, just saw this now, BTK. I will likely post more during the week or the weekend. Did NOT take up Crossit and I am implementing what you suggested.

I am quite busy at night as I’ve been studying for ACE Fitness Trainer exam. It’s pretty detailed material and I take the test on April 4th. I want to train some people in my spare time outside of my regular job. You think I can do this, serve as a model of fitness even though I’m all weak? :slight_smile:

How’s the alarm installation job going?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Oh god, just saw this now, BTK. I will likely post more during the week or the weekend. Did NOT take up Crossit and I am implementing what you suggested.

I am quite busy at night as I’ve been studying for ACE Fitness Trainer exam. It’s pretty detailed material and I take the test on April 4th. I want to train some people in my spare time outside of my regular job. You think I can do this, serve as a model of fitness even though I’m all weak? :slight_smile:

How’s the alarm installation job going?
[/quote]

Good. Does it work? And no, you are too weak for now.

ps: Kind of hard to do it now since they got me. You can call me Dennis btw.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Recent PR’s:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Calm down. Infinite isn’t happy with most posters’ strength levels. :slight_smile:

Too bad I can’t set the IPF world on fire. :([/quote]

Infinite told me I was weak too. I then cried in a corner for days in the gym while whispering to myself, “you are strong”.

Looking good Brick! Keep up the good work.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Recent PR’s:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Infinite told me I was weak too. I then cried in a corner for days in the gym while whispering to myself, “you are strong”.

Looking good Brick! Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Yeah, I can empathize. He has criticized many a T-man’s physical capabilities. Everyday I have to look at myself in the mirror and face my fate of never squatting 700, benching 500, and deadlifting 800.

Thanks for the compliment.

Lol I think this thread is further proof that you don’t need to be ‘strong’ in the big 3 to have a good physique, which is what I’ve been saying for ages. This guy has at best slightly above average lifts, yet looks better than 90% of the people on this site, I’m also willing to bet he is more stronger than most of the people who have higher lifts but are like a buck 60-80, just based purely on his size alone.

I base this assertion on the fact that nearly every big and lean guy i’ve seen that uses the bodybuilding rep range (10-12+) can still lift objects (heavy boxes, couches, laundry machines, etc.) in the real world without much difficulty. That’s the only strength that really matters anyways. Gym strength is irrelevant, in bodybuilding and in the real world. Looking strong is pretty much strength all in its own.

Agreed. If you cant lift laundry machines and carry them out of a coin-op on a daily basis, there is no point to life. Who even cares about deadlifting?

[quote]WWEAttitude wrote:
I base this assertion on the fact that nearly every big and lean guy i’ve seen that uses the bodybuilding rep range (10-12+) can still lift objects (heavy boxes, couches, laundry machines, etc.) in the real world without much difficulty. That’s the only strength that really matters anyways. Gym strength is irrelevant, in bodybuilding and in the real world. Looking strong is pretty much strength all in its own. [/quote]

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Recent PR’s:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you sure? I can’t remember doing that. I thought your numbers were pretty good. But, yeah, you are weak…

Looking grainy. You got some great thickness, i would work on lat width if i was you but looking good man.

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
Looking grainy. You got some great thickness, i would work on lat width if i was you but looking good man.[/quote]

Thank you very much.

New pic. Slowly losing weight. Not hell bent on getting shredded, but want to get lean.

I think if I lose five to eight more pounds, I will be past dead/love handle zone.

look to be a pretty decent level of leanness. A good “gym look” if you know what I mean.

I’m not sure if you’re looking for criticism or whatever, but it looks like your lats could come up a touch. Ever tried pre-exhausting them? Made a big difference for me.

Also, I learned this from a video I watched on this site years ago. Very spicy way to really brutalise your lats. You may have tried it, but in case you’ve not it’s a tri-set where you do:

Straight Arm Pulldowns → leaning back pulldown (kneel down in front of the cable station) → leaning forward pulldown (still just kneeling in front of the cable station).

Absolutely horrible lactic acid burn in your lats after. 3 sets of that hits your lats harder than 10 sets of regular pulldowns, in my opinion.