Trying to Keep Serious

Just wanna ask you guys what,if any,supplements you find success with.I do protein shakes and now and then DHEA,perhaps a test booster.Creatine does nothing for me.At one time i’d get Rivalus’ Anabolic Rx when it was on sale-it was 2 products: Helix24 and Enpulse boxed together.First time I used it I got back acne,and aggression,which went away in several weeks.Enpulse is still sold but the Helix went away with the new prohormone law…

[quote]steron99 wrote:
Just wanna ask you guys what,if any,supplements you find success with.I do protein shakes and now and then DHEA,perhaps a test booster.Creatine does nothing for me.At one time i’d get Rivalus’ Anabolic Rx when it was on sale-it was 2 products: Helix24 and Enpulse boxed together.First time I used it I got back acne,and aggression,which went away in several weeks.Enpulse is still sold but the Helix went away with the new prohormone law…[/quote]

I don’t use any supplements except Plazma and Finibars.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]steron99 wrote:
Just wanna ask you guys what,if any,supplements you find success with.I do protein shakes and now and then DHEA,perhaps a test booster.Creatine does nothing for me.At one time i’d get Rivalus’ Anabolic Rx when it was on sale-it was 2 products: Helix24 and Enpulse boxed together.First time I used it I got back acne,and aggression,which went away in several weeks.Enpulse is still sold but the Helix went away with the new prohormone law…[/quote]

I don’t use any supplements except Plazma and Finibars. [/quote]

I call bullsh-t. If I’ve learned one thing from the insane glut of youtube channels and videos it’s that no one gets that jacked without a steady diet of Top Ramen Noodles.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]steron99 wrote:

I don’t use any supplements except Plazma and Finibars. [/quote]

I call bullsh-t. If I’ve learned one thing from the insane glut of youtube channels and videos it’s that no one gets that jacked without a steady diet of Top Ramen Noodles.

S[/quote]

This is why I never messed with roids. Top Ramen and tuna is more powerful.

Brick,

Did you ever switch to a more “bodybuilding” split or have you stuck with 5/3/1? With all your recent postings in other threads about the majority of people doing best on upper lower or full body splits due to higher frequency I’m curious if you personally have switched to a more “bodybuilding” 1x a week split as you were referencing in the earlier part of the thread or do you still do a 2x a week frequency similar to 5/3/1.

Or maybe when you originally mentioned your plan to switch to a more bodybuilding split you were talking in terms of an upper/lower split anyway?

[quote]staystrong wrote:
Brick,

Did you ever switch to a more “bodybuilding” split or have you stuck with 5/3/1? With all your recent postings in other threads about the majority of people doing best on upper lower or full body splits due to higher frequency I’m curious if you personally have switched to a more “bodybuilding” 1x a week split as you were referencing in the earlier part of the thread or do you still do a 2x a week frequency similar to 5/3/1.

Or maybe when you originally mentioned your plan to switch to a more bodybuilding split you were talking in terms of an upper/lower split anyway?[/quote]

Thanks for the post.

After some time I grew frustrated with 5/3/1. It worked for a bit, but after some time it felt like something was missing in it for me. I now do an upper-lower split, similar to the routines like PHUL, Lyle McDonald’s GBR, or Candito’s Hypertrophy, and the like, all of which look very similar. It’s just how I feel and progress best. I just do basic stuff and use isolation exercises for bodyparts that lag.

One of the things I started to think of and dislike about 5/3/1 (though it is NOT a bad program) is that in it one treats exercises as “assistance” . I believe that for physique and bodybuilding, nothing should be treated as “assistance” because the goal is to bring all bodyparts up to snuff. I also think the 5/3/1 percentage based programming can lead to unnecessarily slow progress for some. If others like it, that’s fine.

I agree.And thanks for the info on supps.The high school guys can’t get over coffee as a preworkout.

[quote]steron99 wrote:
I agree.And thanks for the info on supps.The high school guys can’t get over coffee as a preworkout.[/quote]

Man, I remember taking a diet coke, an ephedrine pill, and a “No Doze” back when I was in college. And people used to look at me like I was crazy -lol.

S

Now semi-permabulking/see-food dieting this summer. Too many fun events lately to get around. :slight_smile:

I THINK I have some new growth in the traps and chest. I can’t say for sure because I am not one who believe there is non stop progress and I believe I will be eternally flat chested.

Traps definitely up!

Looking rugged as hell!

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Now semi-permabulking/see-food dieting this summer. Too many fun events lately to get around. :slight_smile:

I THINK I have some new growth in the traps and chest. I can’t say for sure because I am not one who believe there is non stop progress and I believe I will be eternally flat chested. [/quote]

Me too. I cant even imagine myself with a full chest.
My arms and delts could grow from 2 sets per week but im desperate in the chest department.

Have you guys tried Decline Presses? Maybe pre-exhaust your pecs first with a pec-dec or something. But for years I did incline work, and I relied on my triceps too much, so I had fantastic Pec Minor development and triceps. Now that is beginning to change.

[quote]Gorillakiv83 wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I THINK I have some new growth in the traps and chest. I can’t say for sure because I am not one who believe there is non stop progress and I believe I will be eternally flat chested. [/quote]

My arms and delts could grow from 2 sets per week but im desperate in the chest department.
[/quote]

I’m the opposite: big chest with little tiny arms and delts sticking out of it! Haha

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

I’m the opposite: big chest with little tiny arms and delts sticking out of it! Haha[/quote]

You have so many strange descriptions of yourself. One of these days you need to actually post a picture, lol.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

I’m the opposite: big chest with little tiny arms and delts sticking out of it! Haha[/quote]

You have so many strange descriptions of yourself. One of these days you need to actually post a picture, lol. [/quote]

haha, I do, don’t I? I do tend to exaggerate my flaws a little for the sake of lulz. My boss has been on my ass to get a smartphone so he can email me on my days off so when I finally cave to the pressure I’ll get a photo up. I realise I need to actually prove I walk the walk eventually

Update.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Update. [/quote]

Delts and arms are up in size!

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Update. [/quote]

Delts and arms are up in size![/quote]

Thanks dude! i THINK there is a bit more fullness in the pecs. I changed from barbell flat bench and incline bench presses to using dumbbells and some pre-exhaust with cables or dumbbells.

Yeah I thought your chest grew a bit as well. One thing that may help is to do your pre-exhaust on a decline, even if you use declines no where else in the workout, because Declines are the only way to eliminate the use of the deltoids in chest work. And you look like you have very powerful delts.

I’m open to trying this. I always stayed away from declines because my upper chest lags and my entire chest lags behind my whole body.

I’ve also tried some guillotine presses lately too. I do an upper-lower split. One upper day has guillotine presses and the other day has a dumbbell bench variation.