Trying to Keep Serious

So I got the bug again, and I think this time it’s for good this time. That is, I feel more addicted than ever and I PRAY that being my life is where I want it now, that hopefully nothing will majorly derail this obsession with lifting again!

So I am sharing some progress pictures with you guys, because out of all the boards there, including the madhouses like GB and BB, I like this one the best because it consists of a small group of level headed guys.

If things keep progressing, and again, without the thing called LIFE that lifters resent getting in the way of things, I will focus on doing a physique show in the future.

To get back into things, I have been doing nothing but a bare bones 5/3/1 program. When some strength barriers are broken, I will switch to a traditional bodybuilding split, likely in 2 or 3 months.

Diet
1.25 grams carbs per pound
1.25 grams protein per pound
0.25 grams fat per pound

Yes, I am an IIFYMer. I’ve been conservative with calories because I’ve recomped a bit from coming back to hardcore lifting from general fitness stuff. However, sometimes life and my taste buds and social life get the best of me and I chow down on the delicious fattening calories, but i have not gotten much fat.

I am admittedly in the dead zone–not fat, but not cut–but I believe this is where I feel the most capable and strongest. No, I am not a permabulker, but if I eat too little, even if I will look a bit better, I will not have the “oomph” I need. Anyway, I am not ready to shred up yet.

Gun show. :slight_smile:

Thighs

Side shot, love handles included. :slight_smile:

Full body, undies in living room.

Back, somewhat flexing with phone in hand.

#lovehandles #lowerbackfat

Looking huge man, and I think you should give yourself more credit on your leanness. Sure you’re in offseason mode, but abs visible when “bulking” means you’re doing something right. I know keeping balance in your life is a big priority for you (as it should be for most!), and physique might fall a little more in line with this in terms of the conditioning required, but I think bodybuilding would be a better fit for you! Your quads look like too much of a strength to not have judged on stage, imo

If you want to compete, awesome you should diet the shit out of it and compete.

But otherwise you look gnarly. Whatever you’re doing, keep doing it.

Thanks people!

I concur. I’d be happy if I walked around the daily with that level of leaness. You are maybe 4 weeks from being ripped and 8 weeks from being contest ready. Perfect level to enjoy life and keep making GAINZ.

How much do you weigh?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
…but if I eat too little, even if I will look a bit better, I will not have the “oomph” I need.
[/quote]

Amen!

lol… Brick, you aint in the dead zone my man, you are at the tail end of it and about to break into the Lean Zone. Where most people need to lose 15 pounds to get to where you’re at, if you lost 15 pounds of fat you would be quite lean indeed… Maybe not quite stage lean, but approaching it.

Not exactly sure what you have been doing… But if this is how you look when you are sloppy and not that into it, I predict GOOD things for when you are banging on all 4 cylinders.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Full body, undies in living room. [/quote]
I think you look lightest, leanest, and best here. Definitely a good choice for the avatar. :wink:

Like the guys have said, you’re clearly on a roll and in a good place to go in any direction. Whatever you’ve been up to, diet and training-wise, has been working very well, so if you choose to nail down a specific goal, it should be a piece of cake (IIFYM joke. Lol.)

Looking, dare I say it, fullhouse ;).

Awesome physique, really powerful looking. Would love to see you do a show.

You look awesome

Lookin really good Brick.

You’re a tank, dude. Got some serious pipes. What kind of numbers are you throwin’ around, and what are your self imposed strength goals? Off topic, how do you like those NB Minimus? Been thinking of picking up a pair.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:
I concur. I’d be happy if I walked around the daily with that level of leaness. You are maybe 4 weeks from being ripped and 8 weeks from being contest ready. Perfect level to enjoy life and keep making GAINZ.[/quote]

Thanks.

Do you mean I look like I can use a three month contest prep?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Looking huge man, and I think you should give yourself more credit on your leanness. Sure you’re in offseason mode, but abs visible when “bulking” means you’re doing something right. I know keeping balance in your life is a big priority for you (as it should be for most!), and physique might fall a little more in line with this in terms of the conditioning required, but I think bodybuilding would be a better fit for you! Your quads look like too much of a strength to not have judged on stage, imo[/quote]

Thanks a lot!

I was thinking the same thing: my thighs are a strength, so why cover them. I was thinking I could wear those short biker type briefs in physique.

Keep in mind I only want to compete for the love and fun of it and to market myself as a dietitian-nutritionist, not to set the bodybuilding or physique world on fire, which I can’t do.