Trying To Have A Girl

Any ideas how I could increase the odds of my wife and I having a girl?
She stopped taking her pills this week so it’s GO TIME BABY!
Nothing hotter than plunking the wife with the intention of knocking her up.

Seriously. Any Ideas??

Short of some type of genetic engineering, I don’t believe you can do anything but hope you screw it up and end up with a girl–JK–
Just had my baby girl 4 mos. and 1 day ago. Absolutely beautiful. Good luck and God bless

Its quite easy really… I have seen the research on frogs and tadpoles and stuff. When she gets pregnant, just have her sit in a sauna for the first 4 months with the heat way up… badda bing, instant girl production.

There is a technique I remember hearing about where a fertility clinic will take your semen and actually centrifuge it. I forget the specifics but even this method is not 100%
On the brightside if you have a boy, I hear they are much easier to raise, less emotionally taxing.

from my wife:

Google the “Shettles Method”

She also recommends Mothering Forum

Look for “trying to concieve” or TTC forum

Hope this helps.

It’s a good idea to wait a few months for the birth control pills to clear out of her system before attempting to conceive…

I understand that the “boy” sperm swim faster, but the “girl” sperm last longer - so try to time sex for just before she ovulates so the “girls” will be there waiting for the egg.

Good luck!

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Any ideas how I could increase the odds of my wife and I having a girl?
She stopped taking her pills this week so it’s GO TIME BABY!
Nothing hotter than plunking the wife with the intention of knocking her up.

Seriously. Any Ideas?[/quote]

There is a theory out there of sperm speed and travel distence. It all revolves around when your wife ovulates.

To break it down to its main points;

If you want a boy, you have sex on the day after she ovulates because the sperm carrying the “Y” chromosome are fast swimmers and will reach the egg at the appropriate spot in the falopian tube for conception to occure. These male sperm dont live as long and thus will die out quickly.

If you want a girl, you have sex starting 2 days before your wife should ovulate and have sex the morning of ovulation, but then NO MORE sex. THe “X” carrying sperm swim slower, but live longer. You want them to be alive and waiting for the egg to meet up in the falopian tube.

Much of this pertains to basil body temperatures, cervical firmness, and fertile mucus production. It’s alot of organization for your wife.

There are a few books out there that I suggest you get, and I believe they are called

“Chosing the sex of your baby”, and “The Fertility Awareness Handbook”.

I will check with my wife on the titles.

I have 5 kids. The first we didnt try for any specific sex. The last 3 pregnancies (Last one we got twins with) we followed the suggestions of those books and it worked.

[quote]Jillybop13 wrote:

I understand that the “boy” sperm swim faster, but the “girl” sperm last longer -

Good luck!
[/quote]

I love your mind Jillibop.
I couldn’t have said it better, : )

I could give her a go.

So far all I have made are girls, wife tells me I have “Girly” sperm.

All children start as a girl, then get modified hormonally.

Maybe it should be a gestation of 10 days.

Thanx for all the good advice! I’m gonna try and time the doin’it two days prior to her ovulation. Sounds like sound theory to me.

Whhooooooooopeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well, I have two daughters and read quite a bit on this while I was pregnant and before. There is a chinese chart that will tell you what month to get pregnant in at what age for the sex…both of mine were right and 6 out of 8 friends and several business associates were right as well. I truly believe in it. I found it in a book called Boy or Girl…also on the Internet…‘chinese chart’…‘sex of baby’…etc. There are books at Barnes & Noble that will give you some techniques to try…do not want to get that descriptive on here. I do know that male sperms swim faster but die sooner and female sperms swim slower and live longer. That can help in trying to plan when to ‘try’ around ovulation. Hope this helps!

Michelle

My wife and I have heard that girl sperm can last longer in heat so take a nice long hot bath before sex. And a couple of days before ovulation.

Microwave radiation will gurantee that you will only have girls. When I was working for a telecom contractor, a few guys who worked on the towers adjusting antennae, their respective wives gave birth to girls. Of the 4 guys who I knew, 7-8 of their kids were girls. The boy was born before his father worked on communications towers, so there is something to do with RF. The engineers who worked on the ground had no such experience. -The Starkdog

[quote]miniross wrote:

Maybe it should be a gestation of 10 days.[/quote]

No, you are male of female from the moment you are fertilized. You either have 2 X chromosomes or an X and a Y. Males don’t start off with ovaries and a vagina.

[quote]willymammoth wrote:
miniross wrote:

Maybe it should be a gestation of 10 days.

No, you are male of female from the moment you are fertilized. You either have 2 X chromosomes or an X and a Y. Males don’t start off with ovaries and a vagina.[/quote]

From an external standpoint, fetuses will develop into females if they are not exposed to androgens. Prior to a certain point, boy and girl fetuses will both “appear” female. Ever wonder what the line down your scrotum is? Have you heard of the term “undescended testicle?” Why do males have nipples?

http://www.gfmer.ch/Books/Reproductive_health/Human_sexual_differentiation.htm