Trying to Get Thick

Decided to create a training log as an easy way to track my workouts and keep myself accountable. The whole point of my training right now is to get my strength back to where it use to be and maybe get a little thick.

I am a senior in high school and just finished my wrestling season and started playing some rugby. I don’t usually lift during the wrestling season and had to lose some weight so a lot of my numbers went down. Currently my program is going to be all over the place because of wresting and rugby practice on the same day so I am going to try and get as many lifts as I can in a week.

My old numbers were a 425 squat for 4 reps belted and with sleeves 315 bench for 1 rep 205 or 215 push press for one rep and I haven’t deadlifted in a long time because of two disc herniations but a like a 515 pound farmer carry for I forget how many feet. I weighed about 210-215 then currently in the low 180s. Today was what I considered my first day back lifting.

I started with safety bar squat 3 sets of 8 at 255 then a set of 5 at 235 paused. Then did 3 sets of 10 goblet squats with 105 pounds. Then 3 sets of 30 kettlebell swings with 45 pounds. Lastly strict press 3 sets of 8 with 95 pounds. I would like to go up ten pounds each week for a few weeks on the compound lifts but I think I will repeat the weight with the squats next week because it felt heavier then I thought.

Today I felt like absolute garbage while at the gym. I did 3 sets of 12 pull ups. 3 sets of 10 chest supported rows. 3 sets of 10 dumbbell rows 100 pounds then 3 sets of 10 curls with the fat grips with 40s and then 2 sets of 8 without the fat grips with the 50s. I went to do some conditioning later on and felt much better. For conditioning I ran stairs for 25 minutes afterwords my legs were pretty toasted.