Trying to Get Leaner

Now I am not sure if this is true so I will just ask. I’ve read in several spot were it is better to work harder in short time intervals than to say extend the work out is this true?

yup. That’s exactly true. Those marathon workouts you’re doing are counter productive. I’ll give you an idea of what my push workout is at the moment which takes about an hour:

-Incline press: 4 sets
-Decline press: 4 sets
-Incline flyes: 3 sets (I don’t actually do flyes I do this weird thing on an incline press machine but it doesn’t matter)
-Pec dec: 3 sets
-Triceps Pushdowns superset with Lateral Raises: 3 or 4 sets

And that’s it, although sometimes I throw in a little core or rotator cuff work at the end. Takes about an hour, maybe an hour and a quarter including warm ups and shit like that. After I’ve finished that there’s no way I could go for another hour and a half!

Work harder and try and keep it to round about an hour.

Thank you, I will be giving this a go. It is definatly worth a go if it works for you I can see how it does for me… Do you have certain suppliments you take or is that just up for grabs

don’t feel you need to replicate my workout exactly if you don’t want to, it was just an example of the sort of thing you could try. It’s 14 sets total for chest and 3 or 4 for triceps/lateral delts.

Supplements wise I take a few but not really any “bodybuilding” supps if you know what I mean. I take:

-fish oil
-curcumin
-vitamin D
-glutamine
-Vitamin K
-ZMA

They’re more geared towards health than muscle building, although I’m sure they probably do help with it, albeit indirectly.

I take Performix Iridum SST i a Thermogenic, I take TestroVax for Testostrone, I take water pill and Iron, Zinc, Fish Oil and 2000mg and Apple Cider Vinegar. I had to change my way of life what my doctor told me is what woke me up and I knew that Hey Im not 20 if I want quality of life I need to Discipline mind and body… I like the Break down of your work out it gives me a Ground work.

This is exactly what I mean by intensity. For a few more ideas, browse a few of the logs over in the training logs section, should help you get some ideas about what people who’ve achieved what you want to achieve are doing. But not my log, it’s boring as fuck.

Alright than you for you’re time in replying. As well as thank you to everyone. I have to be honest when I say that good health was only maybe a fraction of my reasoning. But having my doctors lay news on me about certain things it made me realize that I was not doing myself Justice. My parents are very well past the prime so I want to be sure when they pass I rely on me not family

That’s some fantastic motivation right there, use it wisely and good luck to you. Any questions, there’s always people here willing to help, mostly by telling you to do 5/3/1.

Thank you, and I will remember that I’ve been doing some reading on 5/3/1 to get me started

I was originally joking, “just do 5/3/1” is a bit of a throw away line around here now, but honestly, it wouldn’t be a bad idea. For your goals, make sure you read the whole book, 5/3/1 is far more than just a rep scheme, the conditioning, speed work, recovery etc. are probably as important for your goals than the 5/3/1 sets.

Yeah I figured you were, however after reading some things about it I find that there are beneficial things in there and things I need to seriously think through. I know from 3 years ago this is the first year I have been able to go cut grass and not be winded and its a great feeling