Trying To Get It Right

New guy here with the goal of getting it right for the long term.

My stats:

Age 54
5’6"
170 lbs
Typical belly fat
No major health conditions
RX Adderall for many yrs, no others
Training recently started weight training
Testes no problems other than they vanished
Morning wood sometimes
I have all my hair and have not noticed any change.

In recent years my libido has decreased and rather than just give up and consider it a normal part of getting old I started reading and decided to take some action. I found a “Mens Health” clinic that started me on 200mg test-c injection every 10 days. The first couple injections made me really sore at the inj site but that got better and is no longer a prob. After 3-4 injections my nips got really tender so I ask about it and got a blank stare like they had never heard of that? I had read enough to know it was a common problem. The good news is that problem did slowly go away and around the same time I noticed libido was much improved. I have now been on the same 200mg every 10 days for just over 3 months and my family jewels have been gone since about the second month.

I ask them about HCG and got another blank stare like what is that.

So I went back to reading and I admit it gets very confusing.

The only lab results I have are from 12/15/12

LabCorp

HGB 18.0 High g/dl 12.6 - 17.7
HCT 52.7 High % 37.5 - 51.0

Testosterone, Serum 566 ng/dl 348 - 1197

Estradiol Roche ECLIA methodology 17.8 pg/ml 7.6 - 42.6 (time frame when nips were sore)

PSA 1.1

A little more personal history. I have worked the worst schedule you could imagine for almost 35 yrs. All 3 shifts, weekends, holidays, and changing shifts every 2 weeks since the 70’s. My circadian rhythm has no rhythm and my eating habits have no pattern. I think they say it’s not real good for your health? The good part is I plan to retire soon and all things considered my health is good.

I would like to switch from IM injections to subq and consider adding HCG.

Welcome Denny,

You would benefit from reading the TRT: Protocol for Injections sticky at the top of the forum page, as well as the advice for new guys, and estradiol:why you should care stickies. They have a lot of good information that you can print out and take to the doctor.

If you are getting blank stares on these things, he’s probably not very seasoned in TRT. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. It could just mean that he doesn’t know. You’ll have to teach him. GPs have to deal with all sorts of problems, and REALLY knowing the proper way to conduct TRT takes a LONG time.

the hCG will help with the “vanishing testes”, and also alleviate the aching if you have any. You may be surprised at how much they were aching when they don’t ache at all.

There seems to be some sort of correlation between adderall and low testosterone.

Start reading up on anastrozole (arimidex). It talks about it in the stickies. Testosterone aromatases to estradiol (E2). Anastrozole controls that aromatase.

Read up in the protocol for injection sticky for injection times. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 200mg/10days protocol, but that’s definitely going to set your body into a roller coaster. Test cyp half life is around 7 days.

Read. Read. Read.

Best of luck to you.

Your labs were on day 10? Sort of useless.

Too much T:
-HGB 18.0 High g/dl 12.6 - 17.7
-HCT 52.7 High % 37.5 - 51.0

Try the standard protocol and see if you can get these blood issues resolved:

• 100mg/week T ester injected twice a week or more often
  • anastrozole 1.0mg/week in EOD divided doses
  • 250iu hCG SC EOD

Have you seen the finding a TRT doc sticky?

Sounds like you are very stressed. Lab work:

• CBC
  • fasting cholesterol
  • fasting glucose
  • AM cortisol, do the lab draw at 8AM
  • TSH
  • fT3
  • fT4
  • CRP
  • homocysteine
  • TT
  • FT
  • E2

Where are you located? -that can be helpful

Do labs 1/2 between injections

waist size? -need to know this

Work place exposure to fumes, fire retardents or chemicals?

Post your body temperatures as per the advice for new guys sticky and thyroid basics.

KSman, I am west of town in the country not far from Stull. This Fri at 23rd St for a brew? What time??

Waist 33-34 5’6" 170 lbs

I guess the blood draw was on day 10. Have since drained a pint but have not done blood work.

I hadn’t noticed a lot of roller coaster effect on the 10 day schedule but my schedule changes about that often which changes how I sleep and feel anyway.

I thought my E would be higher as sore/tender/itchy as my nips were? That has since gone away?

5PM? if you confirm and I acknowledge here

Red baseball cap, grey hair.

Bring your lab reports if you have more data.

I will be there.

I will check back here until I head that way.

Thanks!

Got it. 5PM