T Nation

Trying to Get Back Into it

Long time reader, first time poster.

Current size:
- H: 6'2"
- W: 170
- BF: 16% (roughly)

I've been lifting religiously for 3 years ... never really took more than a week off during that time. Recently had to take a full month off with a partially torn right tricep, and I'm trying to get back into a suitable plan now that things are healed up.

During my month off, I lost about 15lbs and quite a bit on my lifts.

For the past week, I've been using the Bill Starr 5x5 routine to help rebuild a solid base. I've never used a plan like this - I've always used a 4 or 5 day split focusing on the 6-10 rep range to build size. I'm concerned that certain areas will be neglected ... vertical pulling, shoulder development, etc., as well as general bulk.

Should I stick with this plan or change back to my comfort zone of the higher rep split??

Any kind of advice is greatly appreciated.

6"2’ 170. Lifting for size for three years? How’s that working out for you? Looks to me like you need to work on your diet instead of your routine. Why don’t you combine your daily diet into one or two meals and then eat some more? Then eat some more.

Then have a snack.

Well I started at about 145 and got up to slightly over 185. But you’re right, I am going to be bumping up my diet.