Trying to Gain Muscle, What To Do?

Alright, I’ve been trying to gain mass for about a month. I’ve gained a few pounds, hopefully most of which is muscle. Heres the catch, I’m one of those guys that doesn’t want to lose his abs while gaining. I guess being a FFB the thought of losing them again scares me to death. Oh well. The past week they seem to be almost invisible again.

I’ve read the article posted recently about calory excess for around 4 weeks then 2 weeks calorie defficit. Should I try this to make sure my abs stay atleast somewhat visible?

Here is an example day of eating, I eat the same stuff pretty much every day.

Breakfast: 6 eggs, apple, 1 scoop Grow! Whey, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt, 2 tablespoons peanut butter

snack 1: 2 scoops Grow! Whey, 1 apple, 1 orange

Pre work out: 8oz chicken, 2 cups broccoli, 1 orange

Post work out: 10 oz 92% ground beef, 3 cups broccoli, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 scoops Grow! Whey, 1 cup blueberries

Snack 2: 8 oz 92% gb, 2 cups broccoli, 2tbsp Olive oil OR natural peanut butter

snack 3: 1 scoop Grow! Whey, apple, natural peanut butter

Snack 4 (pre bed) 1 cup cottage cheese OR 2 scoops Grow! Whey, natural peanut butter.

Any advice on the diet? I’m 170 pounds right now. I know not to mix carbs with fats, could the peanut butter and fruit at the same time be causing the unwanted fat gain?