Trying to Cut

[quote]esskay wrote:
Get on a beginner barbell program, like Starting Strength or Pavel 3-5 or something similar. Cronometer.com is a handy website for keeping food logs, I’ve found. It sounds like you are not eating enough. If you are worried about gaining/losing fat, try carb cycling. There are articles on here about it. And drop the peaches and sugary fruits, you can get all your vitamins from vegetables and animal products and dont need the extra sugar. [/quote]

Im decided Im gonna do 5/3/1. Everyone seems to be raving about it here so Ill give it a go. Ok yeah, cronometer is better than fitday.com I just signed up for it. I completely forgot about carb cycling until you guys in this thread mentioned it. Ive read some articles on it a while back, but never really thought I would do it, at least in the near future. Ill check it out. About the fruits, I get sugar/carb cravings and they really hit take care of that problem well. If you dont recommend peachs, which fruits would you recommend? Thanks for your straight to the point help.

[quote]JessicaE_224 wrote:
I do the BTN Push Press standing in a cage, facing the mirror, with hooks behind me at just below shoulder height. That makes it easier to unrack and re-rack the bar. You can also (if in a cage) set up catches at a level low enough that they don’t interfere with your movement, but high enough that if you need to dump the bar behind you (if your muscles give out, or whatever) you can, safely.

I haven’t had a problem with the movement yet. But you can also just do push presses in front. I just find it’s a really good movement to overload the triceps with, and really helps with lockout strength.

As for the nutrition thing, it’s a really popular site that, again, recommends a 16 hour fast/8 hour feeding window regimen. The author has many pages on the site with lots of detailed information about how and why one should follow the protocol. On the right side of the main page the author has a topless photo of himself flexing (sounds lame, I know) and below that is his twitter feed. Hopefully those are enough hints.[/quote]

There isnt a cage at the 24 hour fitness Im going to join unfortunately. Regardless, Ill give them a shot once I get comfortable with push presses again. I found the website. I came across it before, but the shirtless guy with the twitter account threw me off big time haha. Thanks. Ill check out what intermittent fasting is all about.

[quote]Devilhunter187 wrote:

[quote]esskay wrote:
Get on a beginner barbell program, like Starting Strength or Pavel 3-5 or something similar. Cronometer.com is a handy website for keeping food logs, I’ve found. It sounds like you are not eating enough. If you are worried about gaining/losing fat, try carb cycling. There are articles on here about it. And drop the peaches and sugary fruits, you can get all your vitamins from vegetables and animal products and dont need the extra sugar. [/quote]

Im decided Im gonna do 5/3/1. Everyone seems to be raving about it here so Ill give it a go. Ok yeah, cronometer is better than fitday.com I just signed up for it. I completely forgot about carb cycling until you guys in this thread mentioned it. Ive read some articles on it a while back, but never really thought I would do it, at least in the near future. Ill check it out. About the fruits, I get sugar/carb cravings and they really hit take care of that problem well. If you dont recommend peachs, which fruits would you recommend? Thanks for your straight to the point help.[/quote]

I dont recommend any fruits, but thats just me. I have been eating low-carb/carb cycling for 6+ months now, I never get any sort of cravings like that, though I do drink a fair amount of diet soda, mostly Coke Zero and Diet Moutain Dew. Also, you can get cheap sugar-free fruit flavored waters from the grocery store, Wal Mart has them for like $0.65/liter near me. I get a couple liters and just keep them in the fridge for whenever I want something to drink that is not water, milk, or soda.

I looked at the intermittent fasting protocols and looked at some of the testimonials of tnationers that have done it. Mostly positive results. Ive decided not to cut anymore since there isnt a lot to “cut.” I bookmarked it/wrote it down for when I eventually do cut though. Thanks for the advice.

[quote]esskay wrote:

[quote]esskay wrote:

Im decided Im gonna do 5/3/1. Everyone seems to be raving about it here so Ill give it a go. Ok yeah, cronometer is better than fitday.com I just signed up for it. I completely forgot about carb cycling until you guys in this thread mentioned it. Ive read some articles on it a while back, but never really thought I would do it, at least in the near future. Ill check it out. About the fruits, I get sugar/carb cravings and they really hit take care of that problem well. If you dont recommend peachs, which fruits would you recommend? Thanks for your straight to the point help.[/quote]

I dont recommend any fruits, but thats just me. I have been eating low-carb/carb cycling for 6+ months now, I never get any sort of cravings like that, though I do drink a fair amount of diet soda, mostly Coke Zero and Diet Moutain Dew. Also, you can get cheap sugar-free fruit flavored waters from the grocery store, Wal Mart has them for like $0.65/liter near me. I get a couple liters and just keep them in the fridge for whenever I want something to drink that is not water, milk, or soda.[/quote]

I like fruits way too much to completely give them up. I will look into less sugary fruits though. Thanks for the help.

Berries are supposed to be lower in sugar. And apparently apples have some fat loss benefits. There’s a huge debate about the necessity of fruit in a fat loss diet, but I’ve found that, along the lines of what you said about sugar cravings, eating a few servings of fruit helps me stick to my diet, and “they” say that 1-3 servings/day won’t hurt, especially if you’re working out and keeping track of food intake. I find bananas to be the most satisfying, probably because they’re starchy.

OP,

Your diet and workout plan is horrible. You’re not going to look good with abs at your size unless you have great genetics/muscle shape/muscle bellies (which you obviously don’t or you wouldn’t be asking this)

Spend some time (years) building a significant amount of muscle and then cut up and get abs.

Diet:
Figure out your maintenance level calories and make sure you’re in a caloric surpluss. Start with 300cals over.
1.25-1.5 grams of protein per lb of BW
25-30% of your calories from fat
Fill in the rest of your calories with carbs

Training:
531- you’ve expressed intrest in this so go for it. You’ll build a good base strength level here which is key.

Get a gym membership already. Consistency is key.

I looked at the intermittent fasting protocols and looked at some of the testimonials of tnationers that have done it. Mostly positive results. Ive decided not to cut anymore since there isnt a lot to “cut.” I bookmarked it/wrote it down for when I eventually do cut though. Thanks for the advice.[/quote]

I heard good things about Intermittent Fasting from Shelby Starnes & John Meadows