T Nation

Trying to Bulk


#1


Hi I'm new to this forum and came here for feedback and advice. I've been lifting since I was 14 because my dad was a powerlifter back in the day. I started off really small at 105 lbs and ate steadily and clean my whole life. Now I'm currently 145 and growing I'm increasing my calorie and protein intake. I'm looking to gain more bulk. Idc about losing definition I just want more mass. I can shred down no problem with a steady diet.

My current lifting stats- bench 225 for 3 reps, squat- 265 for 5 reps. I know I'm not big at all that's what I'm here for.


#2

Food eat it haha. I know sounds like a smart ass thing to say bit its the only answer to your question honestly. Protein 1.5g per pound of body weight, 2g carbs per BW, fat .7g Body weight.

218g Protein- 870 calories.
290g Carbs- 1160 calories.
100g Fat- 900 calories.
total- 2930 calories per day.
Give a month if you have not increased any body weight at a satisfying rate add in extra carbs or maybe a extra cheat meal per week

Focus on eating almost completely Eggs( Whole and Whites ), Steak, Chicken, Cheese, Cottage Chesse, and Greek Yogurt.
For Carbs focus on Oats, Pasta, and Potatoes ( White and Sweet )
Fats focus on Olive Oils, Advocatos, and Almonds if its not covered from Eggs and Beef.

Dont be scared to cheat 10% of the time. So say you eat 4 meals aday, that’s 28 meals a weeks so 3 of those meals just eat what ever you want Pizza and Buffets go to town but don’t be fuck tard at each meal.

You have a great base and miles ahead of alot people starting so good luck and have fun.


#3

Thanks for the feedback brotha. I eat healthy most of the time and try and eat as much as I can. Daily I have 4 eggs every morning with a sausage and piece of toast. Then I have prepped meals already throughout the day with fish/chicken with broccoli cuts or spinach with brown or white rice depending on my mood. Been doing this for the past year. I’m a full time student so I usually cook the nights before school. I have my shakes in between for extra calories. I’ve experimented a lot with different workout routines but lately I’ve found that since I’ve had a partner I’ve gotten a lot stronger because I can go heavy. What would you recommend for recovery and sleep? Here’s another photo of me from almost a year ago till now.


#4

Just out of curiosity… How did your tattoo jump from the right to the left?.. Either way if its really you and not some crazy photo shop awesome progress and I wouldn’t change anything other than adding calories to your diet. Your literally light years ahead of others your age and even men twice your age.


#5

Lol… Mirror = magic


#6

Its not in a mirror though… I thought that as well but in both pics some one else is taking the photo… or am I just missing it…


#7

LOL he must be a wizard


#8

I think it’s on the other side because I took the picture using a timer on my phone and it automatically flips your picture on the iPhone when you take the picture facing you. Thanks for the feedback you guys! Any supplement advice? I used to just ask my dad but I’m in college now and want to figure it all out on my own.


#9

Here’s another of my back. My main goal this year is to add width to my back and size to my chest. I have to get a pic up of my legs to show I’m not all upper body. Another one of my goals is to have more muscle separation in my legs.


#10

Lol and btw I don’t know how to use photoshop I’m not that savvy on a pc, I wish I was!


#11

As far as training goes for your goals, I’d recommend using a 10x10 rep scheme for about a month.

something like this:

monday - superset incline bench and pullup 10x10

tuesday - ab work

wednesday - upright rows 10x10
superset incline curls and dips 10x10

thursday - ab work

friday- superset hack squat and leg curl 10x10
calf raise - 3x20

saturday - rest
sunday - rest


#12

As far as training goes for your goals, I’d recommend using a 10x10 rep scheme for about a month.

something like this:

monday - superset incline bench and pullup 10x10

tuesday - ab work

wednesday - upright rows 10x10
superset incline curls and dips 10x10

thursday - ab work

friday- superset hack squat and leg curl 10x10
calf raise - 3x20

saturday - rest
sunday - rest


#13

[quote]bbbb1234 wrote:
As far as training goes for your goals, I’d recommend using a 10x10 rep scheme for about a month.

something like this:

monday - superset incline bench and pullup 10x10

tuesday - ab work

wednesday - upright rows 10x10
superset incline curls and dips 10x10

thursday - ab work

friday- superset hack squat and leg curl 10x10
calf raise - 3x20

saturday - rest
sunday - rest[/quote]

Thanks man I think I’ll start it tomorrow thanks!


#14

[quote]Rj25 wrote:

[quote]bbbb1234 wrote:
As far as training goes for your goals, I’d recommend using a 10x10 rep scheme for about a month.

something like this:

monday - superset incline bench and pullup 10x10

tuesday - ab work

wednesday - upright rows 10x10
superset incline curls and dips 10x10

thursday - ab work

friday- superset hack squat and leg curl 10x10
calf raise - 3x20

saturday - rest
sunday - rest[/quote]

Thanks man I think I’ll start it tomorrow thanks!
[/quote]

please dont do this.


#15

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:

[quote]Rj25 wrote:

[quote]bbbb1234 wrote:
As far as training goes for your goals, I’d recommend using a 10x10 rep scheme for about a month.

something like this:

monday - superset incline bench and pullup 10x10

tuesday - ab work

wednesday - upright rows 10x10
superset incline curls and dips 10x10

thursday - ab work

friday- superset hack squat and leg curl 10x10
calf raise - 3x20

saturday - rest
sunday - rest[/quote]

Thanks man I think I’ll start it tomorrow thanks!
[/quote]

please dont do this.
[/quote]

I agree with Ryan. This program only hits your muscles from one angle. To get the most from your workout you want to hit from all angles. This program also does not even include the smartest or “most effective” exercises for the muscle groups listed.


#16

Don’t follow a random program that some guy on the internet (with only 8 posts- we don’t know him yet) suggests.
For real progress, choose one of the tried and tested programs from one of the many experts on this site. Look through the articles, there are many that fit your goals.


#17

[quote]Fyzjin2 wrote:
Don’t follow a random program that some guy on the internet (with only 8 posts- we don’t know him yet) suggests.
For real progress, choose one of the tried and tested programs from one of the many experts on this site. Look through the articles, there are many that fit your goals.[/quote]
Well it’s worth a shot its something different. I’ve been experimenting with different routines since I was 14. The best I’ve found is switching from 5x5 to 3x3 and 3x10 is pretty effective. Not one person is the same and everybody reacts differently but thanks for the advice mayne


#18

This is just my adaptation of german volume training (a tried and true bodybuilding method). I wouldn’t follow it for more than a month because the volume is so high, but you will see results from it. I kind of combined german volume training with a Vince Gironda style workout. There are many great workout on this and other sites (along with a lot of bad ones). The purpose of this workout is to break a plateau and shock your muscles with a lot of volume.

If you decide to give this workout a try, let me know how it goes!


#19

[quote]Rj25 wrote:

[quote]Fyzjin2 wrote:
The best I’ve found is switching from 5x5 to 3x3 and 3x10 is pretty effective. [/quote]

Good strategy. You’re in good shape -so don’t make any drastic changes, 5/3/1 is something to look into and is similar to what you posted.

Also as Reed suggested have the occasional cheat meal. Note Joe Defranco’s advice…


#20

[quote]bbbb1234 wrote:
This is just my adaptation of german volume training (a tried and true bodybuilding method). I wouldn’t follow it for more than a month because the volume is so high, but you will see results from it. I kind of combined german volume training with a Vince Gironda style workout. There are many great workout on this and other sites (along with a lot of bad ones). The purpose of this workout is to break a plateau and shock your muscles with a lot of volume.

If you decide to give this workout a try, let me know how it goes![/quote]

Well I joined this forum for additional input and more methods of training so thank you, I will definitely let you know if I start the routine.