Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

Things escalated completely. I have no idea what goes through her head. Up until this point we could still talk reasonable. That is gone for sure.
She threatened to call the cops on me yesterday if I didn’t leave - conveniently at 11.30 pm. While I can’t Imagine that the police would have thrown me out, since I was sober, not aggressive and reasonable, I just didn’t have the energy anymore - left and “slept” in the gym again.

I move into a room (shared flat) at the 1st of february. This week can’t be over quick enough. Still there is so much to organize with her and she is not following any logical arguments and just makes up stuff that I am supposed to blindly accept

2 Likes

This is standard procedure.

You could always put up with it for several more years before finally getting fed up with the abuse but take it from me what you’re doing is way better.

1 Like

We are far beyond the point of putting up with it…

1 Like

Yeah Mark is telling the truth.
Believe me, if the cops comes around and she says it’s her flat and tells stories they would ask you to leave.
It might be a good thing this ending now…
unless the reason is she’s pregnant :slight_smile: lol (this is just a joke)
Good thing you at least have somewhere to move to by feb 1

2 Likes

Now my friends are here, came all the way to Munich. We are at the hotel and I am laying in bed with a fever.
Everything just gets worse and worse and worse.

1 Like

Yeah, this was me… As hard as it feels right now, you’re doing the right thing. I let complacency and fear of change overcome my rational thinking, so you’re being smarter and braver than I was.

2 Likes

I was wrong. Things went even further.
We were meeting up to discuss what she thinking she deserves financially. In a seperate room inside of the university’s library. Before that we exchanged some very nasty texts. I didn’t let her pull me down on her niveau but to give you a taste of how fucked up she got, she wished “my fat parents would both die of a heart attack soon” (I have ascreenshot of that).

When we met, she refused to listen to any complaints I had about the way she was calculating my debt. She continued with her insults and tried to get into my head about how no one loved me and my parents would secretly hate me and how my friends were no real friends and so on. She also repeated how she wished my mother would choke to death.
I refused to sign her contract that she layed out and she threatened if I wouldn’t sign this, she would destroy all my property that is in the flat (I have no key anymore). She gave me like 3 minutes and I did the only thing that was left - called police emergency number. They were very helpful and explained that what she was doing is a case of coercion for which I could press charges. He also said if she is refusing to give me my belongings police would help me to get it out.

She later refused that she said anything that she did or that she tried to blackmail me. She said it as if I was a lunatic and would just make that all up.

Unfortunately she didn’t return to the flat, so Police wouldn’t have been able to help me. Now she is going to a lawyer to press charges against me. She banned me from entering the flat and ist staying somewhere else herself. She said she would place all my stuff in front of the flat on friday evening. That mens she gets to decide what she deems mine and I have no influence on how she treats my stuff.

That is how it went down in short form. I don’t recognise this woman anymore. Now I have to wait for her lawyer’s letter and hope for the best for friday

Dude, I wish I could tell you something that would make this easier. The best advice I can give you is to protect yourself. Document everything, keep all texts, emails and other correspondence. Don’t interact with her privately at all, always have someone else there with you, or be in a public place. Finally, don’t let her goad you down to her level, but it sounds like you’re keeping a pretty good handle on that one. My ex-wife was abusive, both emotionally and physically (because she knew I wouldn’t lift a hand against her), but she was a master at playing the ‘big strong man against tiny helpless girl’ card. Don’t leave an opening for that shit.

edited for grammar.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about that my friend.
Like Steve I can’t say something to make things better.
You’ve done all you could.
And Steve covered the rest.
I wish you the best in this shitty situation.

1 Like

The hell, I bounce for a few months to come back to you being homeless? C’mon man.

1 Like

Sounds like something my ex would try. Get a lawyer.

1 Like

Finally back after about three weeks or so.
Everything is going really shitty as my ex isn’t giving me my belongings and so on… Freaking hectic.
Won’t bother you with all the details but police was involved - even though not overly helpful (which is no complaint, the officer was nice and tried to help but there wasn’t much he could do).
Now it seems like I need a lawyer. Maybe I’ll get some of my stuff tomorrow. She refuses to hand me anything if I am bringing someone with me. I on the hand need a helping hand and more importantly a witness.

Still got some training in finally. Good news is I can use my strongman equipment - for now - on the first floor, which is not rented out. I have lost a good bit of time and have aged about 5 years, so Tim adjusted everything aimed towards my contest in 9 weeks. Weights on carries and log will climb drastically now.

1 farmer’s walk
5 x 15 m @ 102,5 kg

2 yoke walk
5 x 40 m @ 140 kg (drop and turn at 20 m)

3 doh axle deadlift
3 @ 76 kg
1 @ 96 kg
1 @ 106 kg
1 @ 111 kg
2 x 2 @ 101 kg

Notes:

• I don’t know if it was lack of warm up or the fact that I have been sleeping on air matresses and worse but my hips were screaming really fucking loud at me.
2 Likes

@OTHSteve thanks man, I keep everything documented that I can. I just want to cut her out of my life at this point. I need to settle things though, so that I get my stuff back. Financially we will see what comes from it.

@mortdk thanks buddy, I try to keep my head above water.

@TX_iron haha no kidding, everything goes to shit in here. Good to see you back though!

@MarkKO I already contacted one and am awaiting her call back. So we’ll see.

2 Likes

Could you get a voice recording on your phone of her insults/refusal to give you your things for court?

That screams trap to me so loudly… Things have definitely progressed beyond the point where resolution can happen without court intervention.

It’s great that you’re able to get some training in, that helps a lot with keeping you on an even keel when shit is going sideways.

2 Likes

Still dealing with a bit of this cold that I can’t seem to get off.

1 Log lift (Clean every rep)
4 x 10 @ 60 kg
Clean once: 1 x 10 @ 60 kg

I admit it, I was a pussy. Or I listened to my body. I was dying and my hip started to bother me a bit again on the 4th set. So I decided to just do 1 clean and press away on the 5th.

I was basically doing viper presses or clean + strict press, so triceps and delts were cooked

2a strict press
2 x 10 @ 50 kg
1 x 8 @ 50 kg

Threw in the towel here. My body wouldn’t let me anymore. I was constantly dizzy and felt very shit and sick. Had a cold shower to calm down and an oat bar. The carbs helped a lot which suggests that my blood sugars crashed.

I am going to rest up for one or two days and then hopefully have a good workout again.

On a side note: my traps, upper back, forearms and glutes are sore to the point of my traps being painful. Should have expected that though since I haven’t done farmer’s in forever.

@liftangryordie500 I don’t see how I could get her to do that.

@OTHSteve exactly what I have been thinking. I won’t fall for it. I really want and need some of my stuff but If she insists on no witnesses, I can guarantee something is up

Hope youre doing well bro stay strong

Ride the low, because the high will truely insane for you

2 Likes

Hey man, thanks for checking in.

Well all in all I’d say I could do worse.
My ex continues to amaze me (in a negative way) by showing a side of her that I either was to blind to see for so long or that she just now unleashed. I actually ask myself if I just made this lovely side of her up or if she really unites these two very different sides within herself.

There are good and bad news. Good: I have all my important stuff back. My flatmates are really cool (although one moves out and a new one moves in for her). My room isn’t too bad but needs a fix things still.
Bad news: I am still sick. After this last workout I got really sick and returned to the doctor. They took my blood, did an electrocardiogram and so on. On Monday I was still sick and returned. The doctor informed me that my inflammation levels in my blood were “very, very high” and prescribed antibiotics. So another week off work and off training (well hopefully one week).

I’d absolutely like to cancel the upcoming contest but I can’t because we already have plane tickets. My ex informed me that she is also going to be there and that she will enjoy seeing me fail and hopes I injure myself.

I’d like that very much, hopefully you’re right.

2 Likes