Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

Sounds very good! I see how that would help me put Mark’s suggestion into practise

Damn some good information! Thanks a ton for taking the time @FlatsFarmer!

And all of you Guys, really! I am excited to try these cues!

Edit:
Also I had a very quick foam roll on my legs about an hour after training today and the left was by far tighter, especially tfl! So we are on to something there.

1 Like

1 front squats
5 x 3 @ 85 kg

2 squats
5 x 10 @ 105 kg

3 seated leg curls
3 x 10 - as heavy as possible

4 horizontal back raises
1 x 15
2 x 15 @ 20 kg

Notes:

• the 5 x 10 still sucks but is getting easier.
  • deload now!
2 Likes

Got my new program today or rather the new cycle. Fuck me dead this is gonna be a tough one!
If everything goes according to (this) plan, I am 100% walking out as a stronger man on the other side.

2 Likes

I had Tim explain me some things and now a) the program doesn’t look AS tough and b) I made the previous cycle harder on myself than it was necessary.

1 Like

Deload workout

1 strict press
5 x 3 @ 40 kg

2 Log clean + viper Press (clean every rep)
2 x 10 @ 45 kg
Clean once + strict press
10 @ 45 kg

3 Face pulls
3 x 15-20

4 band pull aparts
Some for a few

5 plankes
2 x 1 min

Sauna

Notes:

• this was more of a catching up with Wayne session.
2 Likes

Deload training

Foam rolling

1 squat
5 x 3 @ 80 kg

2 front squats
4 x 3 @ 50 kg

3 deadlifts
2 x 4 @ 60 kg

4 stretching

5 quick sauna session

Notes:

• I have been feeling tight lately, so the focus for this session was stretching
1 Like

1 squat
5 x 5 @ 132,5 kg

2 front squats
5 x 10 @ 65 kg

3 sldl
5 x 10 @ 87,5 kg

Notes:

• felt pretty shitty going in. Back was complaining about tightness.
  • I am not happy with yesterday’s squats. I Fell forward on a lot of reps and bracing was definitely off.
  • also I felt kind of a lot of pressure (not pain) on my knees. Today they feel perfect again. Still unusual.
  • I think on days like that it would be good to take more warm up sets to find my groove.
  • all this said, this workout was a complete arse kicker! Fuck did I feel drained at the end.
4 Likes

1 strict press
5 x 10 @ 50 kg

2 Log lift (Clean once)
5 x 10 @ 57,5 kg

3 Chin ups (20 total)
3,3,2,3, 3, 2, 3

4 one arm seated machine rows
5 x 20 per arm

Notes:

• pressing was super easy.
  • boring work but thinking of the bigger picture
1 Like

Math ist hard

2 Likes

Merry cake day

Thanks man. Like I said last year, I am not going anywhere

3 Likes

1 deadlifts
1 x 5 @ 150 kg
3 x 5 @ 142,5 kg (Last one beltless)

2 Front squats
5 x 5 @ 85 kg

3a seated leg curl
3 x 12

3b horizontal back raise
1 x 15
2 x 15 @ 20 kg

Notes:

• deadlifts felt heavier than they should have at that weight. Good workout though. Not too taxing.
3 Likes

1 axle push press
5 x 5 @ 93 kg

2 strict press
5 x 10 @ 50 kg (two beltless, three belted)

3 pull ups (21 total)
2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1 - threw in the towel. Only 15 but there was no point anymore

4 Assisted machine pull ups
6 reps

5 seated machine rows
5 x 10

Notes:

• enjoyed some tasty beverages in the city last night with Wayne, Jordan and Chris (another guy from down under whom I got to know last night). Great evening until I came home and had yet another fight with my girlfriend… Things aren’t looking too good for our relationship, sadly.
  • I hate the the axle. Why is this so much worse than a barbell?! Good work though, quality of the sets differed a bit because I really have to focus If I want to make this weight go up smoothly on an axle
2 Likes

Is she preggo? Monthly visit?

No. Four charakters

1 Like

Hard as it is, maybe sit down with her when you’re both calm and just evaluate whether both of you are benefiting from being together. If on balance you are, great, and it’s worth working through whatever shit you have to. If you aren’t, maybe it’s better to go your separate ways.

3 Likes

1 squats
5 x 3 @ 140 kg

2 front squats
5 x 5 @ 85 kg

3 sldl (beltless + doh)
5 x 8 @ 97,5 kg

4 stretching

Notes:

• couldn’t get my head in it. Gym was too crowded, didn’t have my headphones, wasn’t focused. As a result, my squats again didn’t feel right. I loosened my belt significantly on the last two sets. I think that helped with me fallung in forward (@MarkKo if you could watch for that, once I upload) but yeah as I said, squats weren’t clicking at all yesterday.
  • front squats went better.
2 Likes

Sure thing brother. Tag me when they’re up

1 Like

I am sorry, I just realised I only took videos of the later sets. So the comparison I was looking for isn’t there.