Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

Actually quite happy with my technique here:

For once this was easier than it looks on video.

2 Likes

Nice work.

1 Like

Legs were still tired, so I was missing a good bit of explosive power in my presses.

1 Log lift
Up to
3 @ 75 kg
3 @ 85 kg
3 @ 85 kg

Decided to do something different from here because push pressing wasn’t working out.

2 strict log press
8 @ 55 kg
6 @ 60 kg
8 @ 45 kg
10 @ 45 kg

3 chin ups
3 - elbow said no today

4 db row (no straps)
15 @ 45 kg
12 @ 45 kg
10 @ 45 kg

5 push ups
3 x 10

6 band pull aparts
3 x 30

7 tricep push downs
3 x 15

Notes:

• This training thing works out better if you have a plan going in. Doesn’t matter this was more of an easy workout which is due.
1 Like

Last week Wayne told me that he had an incentive to put pressure on me to make my top set. I didn’t get it so I was stuck with this punishment that I had to carry out today. Apparently it is something that they all did in their gym back in kangaroo land.

1 sumo deadlifts

100 doubles @ 100 kg. Max time was an hour.

I got it done in 37 minutes.

Stamina was going strong. Lower back pump was obnoxious.

Kinda brutal but doable challenge. Maybe some of you strong people want to give it a go?

3 Likes

That sounds horrendous. For the record, I would not like to try it.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t want to do that again either. Did better than I expected though.

1 Like

This sounds like it has disaster written all over it. You just be mental !! Lol

1 Like

Sounds so much not fun.
I guess my form would break so bad that I would do some damage to myself.
But that was very impressive my friend. That’s a double every 20 second or so … a 37 minute rest pause set

1 Like

Sounds even worse or better to put it that way, haha.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not that heavy, but I’ll pass on that. More than half of the times I’ve tweaked something in the gym, it’s been while doing high rep or fatigued deadlifts.

1 Like

Louie Simmons says in his experience people get hurt doing heavy lifts with higher rep ranges.

Form and concentration breaks down on higher rep ranges and most of us lose form focus and just try and survive high reps.

Rest and relaxation today.

Went to a bath with a good sauna area (around 10 different saunas, a whirlpool and so on and forth). Stayed for 7 hours and now I feel like I don’t have any bones any more :smiley: . Really nice regeneration day.

2 Likes

@OTHSteve, @losthog whenever I get hurt it is actually usually more on higher weights. There is definitely going to be some form breakdown but I think it was kept at bay here.

Definitely nothing to be done regularely though.

And this is why I decided to shut down my progress on raw weight and to teach my body to handle the new strength gains with solid repeatable form.

Do any of you have heard about ‘Das Gym’ in Vienna, Austria? It is owned by Intelligent Strength (the Pürzel brothers) and is known as probably the best gym there is world wide. They have top notch equipment for pretty much every aspect of strength sports, even manufacturing their own stuff in cooperation with Gym80. It is kind of a pilgrim site for strength athletes, haha.
If you haven’t seen it, take a minute to check it out.

I am going there in September with Wayne and my gf. Vienna isn’t too far and I have never been there but I am especially excited about the gym. They even have an apartment there which I am trying to book.

1 Like

Make sure to take some vids and post them up. Very jealous man should be awesome.

I am definitely going to do that! I suppose we are essentially going to max out on everything. Should be a good time!

1 Like

Was really sore pretty much everywhere (who would have guessed, right?) especially upper back and hamstrings.
Decided to give the back and everything else a little rest and opted for something sitting. I still wanted to get practise in with the log so I just thought why not try seated log pressing?

1 seated log press / high incline
2 x 10 @ 45 kg
5 @ 55 kg
5 @ 65 kg
1 @ 75 kg - oh that got heavy quickly
6 @ 65 kg
8 @ 60 kg
10 @ 60

2 incline Log Press (ca. 45°)
10 @ 65 kg
5 @ 75 kg

3 paused board press
5 @ 80 kg
3 @ 100 kg
5 @ 80 kg
5 @ 90 kg
5 @ 95 kg

4 band pull aparts and reverse flys
A million reps

5 lat pull down
3 x 12

6 tricep push downs
Big drop set

2 Likes

Glutes and hams are fucked. Back is a lot better but still not fresh.

1 squats
Up to
1 @ 120 kg
3 @ 140 kg - felt harder than last week because of soreness I think
2 x 5 @ 120 kg
5 x 10 @ 90 kg

2 dead bug
3 x ?

3 weighted plankes
2 x 30 sec @ 20 kg

Notes:

• Started reincorporating the OH squats as a warm up. I am working up to 60 kg paused with these before I switch to regular squats. It is a great primer I think. Both mobility and stability wise.
  • Work capacity is improving, which is one of my main goals right now.
  • soreness ist going to kill me, haha. I think I am starting to appreciate your crazy volume phase that you have been going through, @MarkKo. Although my volume is still not matching yours.
1 Like

There’s definitely something to be said for it. No, for example.