Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

vodka redbull is made by the devil :slight_smile:
I have the same experience as you Simo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jagermiester is popular with young drinkers here too. A “Jager Bomb” is a shot of jagermeister dropped into 1/3 a glass of Red Bull.

For the longest time I thought that schnapps was a brand or liquor, not a style. I forgot about schnapps.

I sometimes mix a little ginger ale with whiskey too.

1 Like

Oh here Schnaps means booze. It is not really a type of booze.
You divide between Schnaps (real booze) and Likör (like light booze I guess?).

Schnaps is a general terminus. I just read that Schnaps (schnapps?) is an English word as well and assumed it would mean the same.

@simo74: haha sounds like a good night. Have you been to Germany multiple times?
@mortdk: I really don’t like vodka nor redbull. But it is a classic young people’s drink and I did have my evenings with it.

We went there a few times when I was a kid living in England. My older sister had a German exchange student so she would come to stay with us and my sister would stay there. We got to know their family quite well and visited a few times. I was very young so don’t remember that much. I went there 3 years ago with work, we were visiting customers in Germany and the U.K and going to a big automation exhibition in Hannover. It was basically a good excuse to drink lots with some friends from work and travel.

1 Like

Was really feeling the deadlifts. My upper back is very sore and I lack energy. They took a lot out of me.

1 Bench press
5 @ 77,5 kg
3 @ 87,5 kg
4 @ 97,5 kg - couldn’t lock out fifth.

2 slingshot bench press
1 @ 110 kg
1 @ 120 kg
1 @ 125 kg

3 Bench press (Back down)
2 x 8 @ 80 kg
7 @ 60 kg (paused)

4 one arm db row
5 x 8 @ 40 kg

5 db bench (slight incline)
10@ 30 kg
8 @ 30 kg

7 seated dip machine
20 @ Stack + 15 kg
20 @ Stack + 25 kg

8 Reverse flys
One big dropset

Notes:

• Bench press is still far from being back.
    Part of that is that I seethis as kind of my lighter upper body day which dictates my mindset going in. I see this as part of auto regulation
  • I’ll just stay patient and bench will come around. Started cranking uo the volume today by bringing back the back off sets.
1 Like

First vacation training in Itlay. Gym was not bad. Small but had a seperate room for powerlifting which was neat. Bathrooms and showers were disgusting though. 10€ for a drop in is okay.

1 Box squats in (briefs): normal barbell, deeper box as I am used to.
2 @ 140 kg
2 @ 150 kg
1 @ 155 kg
2 @ 155 kg
2 @ 155 kg
2 @ 155 kg
1 @ 155 kg - failed out of nowhere
3 @ 140 kg
3 @ 140 kg
3 @ 140 kg
8 @ 100 kg

2 high bar pause squats (beltless)
5 @ 60 kg
5 @ 80 kg

• started to feel some unwanted tension in the t-spine

3 Hack squat machine
12 @ 20 kg
10 @ 70 kg

• didn’t like the machine

Some Stretching
Some light cardio, waiting for the gf to finish up

Notes:

• box squats were some hard piece of work today. The rack wouldn’t cooperate and I hit it somehow ob every single set. Also not used to the feeling of a straight bar. The depth changes the movement significantly.
2 Likes

For some reason, maybe the depth, I chose a closer stance than usual.

Different Gym today. Very pleased with the choices around here!
My schedule is all messed up. Normally I wouldn’t do my presses the day after squats but I can’t help it now.

1 Push Press
1 @ 90 kg
1 @ 100 kg
1 @ 100 kg - Just trying to get comfortable
1 @ 105 kg - attempted a double
1 @ 105 kg

• was supposed to do 6 singles but figured this isn’t the day for heavy weights

3 @ 95 kg
4 @ 95 kg

Wanted to do strict presses now but there was no way. Even 60 kg seemed super difficult. So I thought I’d do one lighter set on push presses and call it.

10 @ 80 kg

2 lat pull down
5 x 10

3 one arm db press
3 x 10 per arm @ 20 kg

4 fat man pull ups with rings
5 x 10

5 triceps Push Downs (elbows have been very healthy, at least by my standard, so I thought I’d risk it)
15, 10, 15

Notes:
-was feeling the lack of core stability and power from the legs and hips. I guess all in all it isn’t to Bad of a workout considering that I did squats the day before

• Not too bad of a training session. Nothing special at all, just adjusting to circumstances and how I feel.
2 Likes

Working out in the Italian sun at noon is apperantly exhausting and sweat producing.
3rd training, 3rd gym. Powerlifting really seems to be a thing here. This bar had the most aggressive knurl I have ever seen and they had nearly only thin powerlifting plates. The area for PL was very small but luckily there was not a lot of people at that time of the day.

1 Sumo deadlifts (t&g)
Up to
2 @ 140 kg
1 @ 155 kg
1 @ 170 kg
2 @ 180 kg - PR!

Okay this did only work because I quietly hyped myself up to the edge of tears. The technique was a LOT worse than last week. All warm ups felt heavier. The work sets did as well. Also dead stop, a second rep would have been stapled to the ground. Part of the reason is the schedule (usually deadlifts ist the second day the week, after log) and a lot of walking and swimming yesterday.
Today was a day however that I needed a win in. Life isn’t going too great for me, even in vacation.

2 @ 170 kg - bar was drifting
2 @ 170 kg - was as close to shitting myself as one can be without leaving a stain in his underwear.
2 @ 160 kg - even this was super hard now
2 @ 160 kg (dead stop)

2 rdls (beltless, doh)
8 @ 100 kg
8 @ 100 kg
8 @ 100 kg

3 one arm db row
2 x 10 @ 40 kg
Just didn’t want to train anymore.

4 Likes

Good job on the PR mate

1 Like

Uploading from my phone, that’s why it is a bunch of short clips:

180 kg x 2:

170 kg x 2 (1/2)

170 kg x 2 (2/2)

160 kg x 2 (1/2)

1 Like

Thanks Simo.

Greetings from my holidays, Friends. :slight_smile:
From the Varone waterfall to be precise, with first flexing photo in this blog and likely the last, haha.

The picture shows why I should maybe start training my biceps, haha

5 Likes

Well done on the vacation training :slight_smile:
Nice pics mate

1 Like

Nice pics but think the next ones should be you flexing your arm whilst holding a stein

1 Like

@mortdk: Thanks, mate. Have you ever been in the Gardasee ( Lake Garda) area? I am a little surprised because of the distance but I see quite a few of Danish license plates here.

@simo74: Thanks man. I recently learned from @theonecamko that stein can refer to a beer mug, is that correct here? Because Stein is a German word and means rock or stone (atlas Stone = Atlas Stein). I could shoot a picture either way, just don’t want to make mistake, haha :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol I was thinking about beer but one of you lapping a stone would be way better

4 Likes

Gardasee is a very well known place for Danes to go to.
I was at the very southern end 5 years ago, great place. We drove to Munich and slept there for a night before going the rest of the way. I know some takes a “car train” for Hamburg to Austria or Verona.

A beer mug in one hand and a big rock in the other :slight_smile: First time I hear the word stein referred to as a mug.

2 Likes

Back in Germany. Trained with my gf and Wayne again who is becoming my new training partner. There were a lot of people there and I was helping out here and there and had to chat a lot. Took some momentum out of the workout.

1 bench press
5 @ 70 kg
5 @ 80 kg
10 @ 90 kg

2 slingshot bench press
1 @ 105 kg
5 @ 110 kg

3 bench press (back off)
10 @ 80 kg
9 @ 80 kg
15 @ 60 kg (paused)

4 rows
Like 5 sets of mostly 15 reps

5 band pull aparts 180 total reps

6 db incline bench (tried something Wayne wanted to show me)
3 x 40 @ 10 kg - No resting in the bottom position or Putting the dbs down, rest between sets was determined by how long the partner needs.

7 plankes
3 x 30 seconds with 10 sec rest

3 Likes