Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

1 bench press
5 @ 72,5 kg
3 @ 82,5 kg
7 @ 92,5 kg

2 slingshot bench press
1 @ 100 kg
3 @ 110 kg
3 @ 115 kg

3 seated cable row
12 @ 70 kg
3 x 12 @ 80 kg

4 db bench (very light incline)
5 @ 40 kg
8 @ 35 kg
8 @ 30 kg
10 @ 25 kg

5 Reverse flys
1 x 12
1 x one big dropset

6 finished upper back off with some unilateral cable rows

7 finished my triceps with 30 reps seated dips (stack of that machine) + 20 reps push downs right after

Notes:

• 7th rep in the top set was very hard. I still am confident to improve fast. Need to remember to bring my bands with me.
  • looking forward to a lovely evening. Yesterday’s night was ruined by our fighting even though we originally wanted to go out to celebrate her finishing her last exam of this trimester. I felt sorry for her because we weren’t out in quite some time together. So I promised to prepare a special treat for her tonight. Which will consist of a fancy self cooked dinner with multiple dishes, a few selfmade cocktails and maybe a movie or something.

EDIT: Hip is improving and in a lot less pain. I hope for some decent squatting tomorrow and maybe even some strongman stuff, but we will See.

@MarkKO, @mr.v3lv3t, @simo74, @mortdk thanks guys. I appreciate it. I am looking forward to being finished with my studies and having the job situation figured out for the moment. That will allow me to work on my true goals.

2 Likes

1 ssb box squats (in briefs)
1 @ 161 kg
2 @ 152 kg
8 x 3 @ 152 kg
1 x 3 @ 162 kg

• set 6/7/8 started to finally feel normal

2 step ups to 50 cm
3 x 8 @ 22 kg (empty ssb)

3 Farmer’s walks (run 20 meter, set down, quick reset, run back - kept resets as short as possible)
2 x 20m @ 95 kg
2 x 20m @ 95 kg
2 x 20m @ 95 kg

Notes:

• squats were off today. Totally off. Planned to do 10 x 3 with 162 kg but since they felt so awful I settled for less. Maybe I am out of practice.
  • stumbled and landed hard on my elbow on one of the farmer’s warm ups. I made a pretty cool forward roll over my shoulder - landing in a bush though. So I got that going for me.
  • Farmer’s were excruciating for some reason. Probably because I haven’t done carries in a long time. The weird thing was that my hips were fatiguing so rapidly. Actually my grip and pick up were the strong points and stamina and hips the weak points. That’s the exact opposite of my usual farmer’s carry experience.
1 Like

1 Log lift (clean once)
1 @ 85 kg last warm up - perfect rep
2 @ 90 kg - felt so heavy on chest suddenly that I panicked and threw technique out.
2 @ 90 kg - better. First still wobbly.
2 @ 90 kg - very solid
2 @ 90 kg - okay, getting used to the amount of weight
2 @ 90 kg - getting tired
2 @ 90 kg - bracing was off but got it

• big total volume PR!

2 strict press
5 x 6 @ 60 kg

3 lat pull-row-hybrid
10 @ 65 kg
8 @ 75 kg
8 @ 85 kg
15 @ 40 kg

4 band pull aparts
200 total reps

Notes:

• some tough conditions today. A very very tired morning training. Would have loved to skip it for some more sleep but wouldn’t have been able to train otherwise today. Got rewarded for my discipline though with the overall volume PR
  • elbow was hurting a little from my farmer’s accident but no big deal
  • blew out all steam on my presses and didn’t really do a lot of assistance stuff. I’ll try to get in some rows after deadlifts tomorrow.
5 Likes

Maybe you got stronger so your weaknesses changed

I’d like to believe that but I haven’t done much work that would lead to that.

Maybe you just did enough of the right work.

1 Like

Update on the injury stuff:
I feel good to go again with full force. Physio did a good job and my back has stopped cracking with every movement, haha. Hip feels a lot better too. I’ll stay cautious with movement selection but in general I feel a lot healthier again.

I’ll try to drop some bodyfat now as my eating has been pretty sloppy and not goal orientated. On that front I’ll also cut back on my beloved alcoholic beverages.

Edit: This evening is going to be about deadlifts. I will meet up with a fella from Australia who moved to Munich and is looking for a training partner.

2 Likes

That, I hope, does not include the famous Munich lager beers right??

Glad to hear the body is acting good again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fear it does :frowning:
Don’t worry though, I won’t go dry completely but I will cut back some on the beer and whiskey. That should help with fat loss.

1 Like

Poor soul :slight_smile:

1 Like

What kind of whiskey is popular in Germany? Or, where does it come from? Is there a German “style” of whiskey, like Scotch from Scotland or Bourbon from Kentucky, USA?

Have fun with deadlifts.

There is a pretty expensive whisky from the region I come from but I never tried it and I don’t know how well known it is outside of like hardcore whisky fans.
There is no real type of whisky from Germany. It is not an unpopular drink but culturally not the type of booze that originates here.
Germany is more known for stuff like Obstler (don’t know how that is called in English) and herbal liquors. The internationally best known of the latter is Jägermeister, I suppose. Especially in younger generations.

The most popular whisky type would be bourbon, I guess.
I personally enjoy Scotch. Also bourbon with a little splash of Ginger Ale. I know that’s blaspehmie for a real whisky lover but whatever.

I do enjow other liquors but whisky is like a go to drink these days for when I want to have a nice drink at home. My favourite would probably have to be Obstler.

Well and in general beer!

1 Like

Great beers in Germany :slight_smile:
Whiskey Single malt not to smokey :slight_smile:
G&T’s not to strong are great in the evening of those hot summer nights :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a great workout tonight. Enjoyed Wayne’s company and we talked for a long time. He is a nice and fun dude and I think we are compatible as training partners. I hope it comes to that.

1 Sumo deadlifts (t&g)
Up to
1 @ 150 kg
4 @ 160 kg
4 @ 165 kg
4 @ 170 kg - PR! Honestly not too difficult
4 @ 150 kg
4 @ 150 kg
4 @ 150 kg

2 rdls (beltless, doh)
10 @ 80 kg
3 x 10 @ 90 kg

3 seated cable rows
Ca. 5 x 10-12

4 plankes
3 x 30 sec with 10 sec rest.

Notes

• wow where did that come from. Great workout. I had atleast a rep more with 170 kg, which is crazy. Deadlifts felt very good overall. 160 kg felt very light also
3 Likes
1 Like

That stuff is made by the devil himself !!

1 Like

Never tried those. Where I grew up no one was drinking this. It is more like a ‘city drink’ :smiley: but it seems to be on the rise. I’ll probably try one and see for myself

I used to love it as a teenager but don’t like it since. I don’t drink a lot of herbal liquors in general. The only one I did occasionally have after a meal was Lockstedter. You can’t have more than a few those because either your throat ist burning up or you simply fall from the chair, haha. That is some strong stuff. Seems to trigger digestion though. These days I like an espresso more than a Schnaps after a meal out.

1 Like

Last time I was in Germany (3 years ago) I ended up in a bar in Frankfurt drinking vodka red bull, my German is not great and when ordering the drinks I ended up with 1 meter of vodka red bull which was 10 glasses on a 1m long piece of wood. My and my friend started at opposite ends and met in the middle. I woke up the next morning and had absolutely to recollection of how I got back to the hotel. Met my friend the next day for lunch and he too could remember nothing. He woke up fully clothed with one shoe on and said his room looked like someone had ransacked it. Lol goes down as one of the best nights I can’t remember.

2 Likes