Trying to be helpful

SRS, well said.

I generally don’t talk to people who are doing things radically wrong, but sometimes I’ll say something positive to people who are doing something interesting or with particularly good form. This can be a good way to learn things or meet like-minded people.

If they ask I am more than willing to help. but only if they ask.

If some dumbass wants to pin himself on a bench, tweak his back, blow out a knee/shoulder, i just chalk it up to “Natural Selection” of “Survival of the fittest” and let nature take it’s course.

I don’t usually help/offer advice, because I don’t like it when other people do that to me unless I have specifically asked. What especially pisses me off is personal trainers who don’t know me- especially women- who try to tell me stuff without knowing what they are talking about.
Example 1: tiny blonde trainer says “oh my you are lifting too much weight on those squats, you will get too big!”
Example 2: tiny brunette trainer comes up, puts her hands on my back WHILE I AM DEADLIFTING and says “You should really keep your back rounded while you do that or you will hurt your neck”.
Example 3: tiny blonde trainer #2 says “you shouldn’t be doing those big exercises, those are for men, you need to train differently”.
Get in, get out, leave me alone is my usual. Of course, my mood is probably not improved by 5 a.m. workouts :).