Trying HCG Again - Ideal Dose Adjustment?

No. HCG has a weird method of action that dictates the EOD protocol, or every third day even, but ED is the same as flushing every other dose. The minimum is 250IU EOD, and that’s the maximum frequency.

2 Likes

Got it. Ok, that makes sense then why I was still fairly low. I was basically only getting 600-700IU’s a week effectively, if that is true. I think I am going to do 500 3x a week for now and see if my sperm analysis improves with that.

Don’t change a thing if you feel great at those numbers. Sure try to find a minimum dose that makes you feel well, but don’t change the dose just because someone says those are above range and etc. Especially if you worked up to this dose and thats where you felt well.

how do you feel is what matters.

Add HCG on top of a dose you feel great at and don’t lower the dose … its temporary anyways. I know im not going to modify my dose when i take hcg. I just take the HCG on top and move forward with life. I have zero symptoms and issues.

250iu eod is not bad. i tried 250 every 3rd day and was just fine. i didn’t lower my trt base. especially when using a low dose like i was e3rd.

Just my opinion. my goal is always to keep it simple while considering any health risks. with t there are not many risks IMO. T just doesn’t kill like some say it does. that’s why these bodybuilders will take a huge 1g dose a week and then stack other shit on top. T is the last of their worries.

1 Like

Thanks, this helps a lot!

I feel great, but I’ve noticed a little bit of anger at times which usually happens to me when I get into the 4-digit range. So I wouldn’t mind dropping it a bit.

Also have to consider that I’ve been on 150mg/week of Empower’s T cyp for a while, and have seen TT between 500 and 1500 on that. I’m switching to my new Dr’s pharmacy in a few weeks, so I don’t know where that will land. I just hope it’s more consistent! I’m sick of my doctors here thinking I’m abusing it or something everytime it comes back so high, when I’ve kept my dose the same.

Honeslty fuck the docs who do that. Next time just take the lab at the end or right before next injetction. If i am taking it monday and thursday, I would take the lab on thursday morning right before the thursday morning injection. ensures it stays low. You can go get your own labs done without a doctor and figure out what its at.

Keep in mind that how you feel is more important than some number on a piece of paper. If you feel great on 150mg, then stick with it and dont lower or increase based on lab results. For example i know what numbers i hit with my dose and i only check my other health markers once or twice a year.

1 Like

Oh it’s super frustrating. When my levels were at 500, one doctor told me to go to 200mg, then the next freaked out because that put me over 1500 (new bottle of T). Ultimately I need to find a brand of T cyp that doesn’t lead to so much damn fluctuation.

Switching to the new T cyp brand in a few weeks, then getting a new blood test end of November and hoping to sort it out then. I felt well even with the fluctuating levels, but that may have also been because I’ve been slowly and unknowingly creeping my TT up since May (it was about 800 then).

1 Like

There’s not a lot of difference in ITT response to HCG between the two studies. Taken together, they basically show that ITT returns to baseline somewhere around 1000 IU per week. I’m sure there’s variability in individual responses too. I don’t remember off hand how many subjects were in each study or the amount of variability they reported. I’d need to review the papers again. I made the graphs a while back because I was interested in understanding the optimal HCG dose per week to bring ITT back to baseline. Neither of the papers presented the data in a manner that could be easily interpreted, as it can be with this simple graph.

2 Likes

Are you taking labs at the same time after injections and did you change subq to IM or any variations between them?

1 Like

No other changes. SubQ and mostly same injection timing the whole way. Unless there are huge variations in where I inject, I can’t think of anything aside from the vials from Empower varying.

I try to do the tests in the morning before injecting, but my last one (the 1450 high result) was actually drawn in the afternoon, also before my injection.

My previous doc took me off HcG and then my balls shrunk almost to non existence. So I went back on it. HcG also for me helps suppress my appetite.

1 Like

4 days in. Insomnia building up, and some anxiety. Going to stick with it a bit longer and see how it goes - unfortunately this is pretty much what happens every time I’ve tried HCG :confused:

2 Likes

I have the same issues with hcg. Soon I’m going to pilot low dose hcg in tandem with kisspeptin 10.

So far kisspeptin 10 has only upsides for me with no side effects. The only downside is it seems to be slightly less effective than hcg.

1 Like

I still feel it needs more research too first. Unless I just haven’t read enough about it.

How much and frequency again? When i use HCG 250iu every 3rd day works. 500 Every 3rd or more days causes issues for me. Try 200 every 3rd day … start small. thats a very small amount and shouldnt cause issues.