Trying Creatine. Some Questions

trying out creatine so did some research and have a few questions

“â?¢ There’s no need to load with mega-doses. Just take 3 to 5 grams a day for a couple of weeks. After that, take 3-5 grams only after training. No need to take it on off days after that.”

what’s the benefits of taking 3-5g/day for 2 weeks? and why just after training after that?

when/how much/with what/why do you take your creatine?

what noticeable benefits do you persoanlly see?

thanks

Apparently you must snort it to get the maximum benefit.

That just sounds silly to me. Take 5 grams of creatine monohydrate each day. Some people will cycle off for a month here and there, but some people don’t. Personally, I make a breakfast shake with whey, oats, banana, peanut butter, and milk. I just throw my creatine into that shake each morning. Creatine isn’t anything magical, but it could help you squeeze out that extra rep here and there.

[quote]kickureface wrote:
trying out creatine so did some research and have a few questions

“â?¢ There’s no need to load with mega-doses. Just take 3 to 5 grams a day for a couple of weeks. After that, take 3-5 grams only after training. No need to take it on off days after that.”

what’s the benefits of taking 3-5g/day for 2 weeks? and why just after training after that?

when/how much/with what/why do you take your creatine?

what noticeable benefits do you persoanlly see?

thanks[/quote]

1. You can either load creatine or not. If you load creatine you will see results faster versus non loading.

2. you would take creatine after working out because typically someone ingests high gi carbs post workout. The carbs spike insulin which shuttles the creatine to the muscles.

3. creatine monohydrate is cheap. Take 5 grams before and after you work out.

4. you only need to take it on your off days when you are first stating it (say the first month). Once you muscles are saturated you dont need to take it on your off days but creatine has many health benefits and its cheap so why not take it every day.

I suggest loading at 15 grams a day for a few days. Taken at separate times of the day of course and with some kind of carbs. The insulin spike helps drive the creatine where it needs to go.
After a few days 5 grams a day post workout will suffice.

I suggest Biotest creatine, top notch and fairly priced.

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
I suggest Biotest creatine, top notch and fairly priced.[/quote]

x2 I was trying to save a few bucks and went with Creatine HCL bc it was on sale. Tastes awful and ruins any shake I put it in. Next time going back to Biotest.